Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you add or subtract from this description of an ENFJ?

teachers, coaches, natural actors in their ability to act out any personality type, intense, love others with actions, aware of the inner needs and desires of others, incapable of giving undivided attention, hard to achieve intimacy with others, manipulative power, thin psychological boundaries, answer every interruption, neglect themselves, martyr mentality

Also I need a video of an ENFJ acting typical so I can study the type.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I wouldn't say I can act out any personality type.
I am very capable of giving undivided attention.
It is incredibly hard for me to achieve intimacy with others.
Manipulative powers? No. I state reality from an objective point of view. People are just prone to reality checks.

The rest are relatively accurate but then again it all depends on the individual.

·
Banned
1,775 Posts
What would you add or subtract from this description of an ENFJ?

incapable of giving undivided attention. . . manipulative power
We can give undivided attention. I teach, so I have to. And I have learned to tell someone, "Hold that thought one moment, let me finish looking at your paper." Then I turn to them and totally focus. But I used to be torn between the question the student was asking and my need to review his or her paper to answer the question. It's the whole "first shall be the last" rule with us. So someone new steps into our office or asks a question, and now that person has our attention We want to give to everyone. But when we take the time organize our attention, then it's undivided. So in class I'll say, "Hold that thought a moment while we finish addressing an issue related to so and so's question. Then I move on to the new person after that."

Manipulation is a frequent accusation against us. We do strategize how to motivate people---but for the sake of the good rather than for our own sake. So some personality types are trying to see how much they can take from others and may be good at manipulating them. We are thinking things like "how can I get my students to do the best possible work and become really good at the subject I'm teaching?"

The problem that can arise is that we may decide what is for the good and work towards that despite the fact that we may be mistaken or that others don't concur it's for the good. It's just the downside of making judgment calls for the good. But we usually decide that it's better to make judgment calls than to not.

Also, since we are up front about our emotions, sometimes people feel pressured by them. So they feel manipulated. But that's not our intent.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
We really think that good relations with people are the key for a healthy life and achieve grandious things. People are both the tools and the objective of 99.99% of our goals. So we try hard to develop the necessary social skills and graces and work hard to have our people and ourselves happy and comfortable. When people feel good and commited, they can do many many things with conviction and dedication. We want people to have those feelings in their hearts. There may be this conflict between what I think it is wrong and what I must do to make people feel better. But in the meantime, we ENFJs slowly mature to find the excellent balance between assertiveness, tolerance and cooperation.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,075 Posts
teachers, coaches, natural actors in their ability to act out any personality type, intense, love others with actions, aware of the inner needs and desires of others, incapable of giving undivided attention, hard to achieve intimacy with others, manipulative power, thin psychological boundaries, answer every interruption, neglect themselves, martyr mentality

I have bold typed the ones I think perhaps are accurate.

I guess if I could get over the stage fright factor I would be a good actor because I am good at imitating people and being entertaining in a joking/ jester kind of way. The teaching thing would have to be something I am passionate about like art or makeup artistry or something creative, not just a typical teacher who teaches core subjects, plus I wouldn't enjoy a big class to teach, more a small group. I'm good at helping people one-on-one. I am certainly capable of giving people undivided attention, I love people remember?! I am not intentionally manipulative and still to this day don't see myself as manipulating.

Reactions: punky16
1 - 7 of 7 Posts