Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
I haven't either ... Come to think of it ... the functions compliment each other quite well.

ENFJ: Fe-Ni-Se-Ti
ESTP: Se-Ti-Fe-Ni

I've only had friendships with ESTP's but the one's I've been friends with didn't come across as romantic interests for me. Even though I am attracted to "thinker" girls but my romantic attraction is restricted to INTJ's and ENTP's [amongst thinkers, but I prefer NF's overall].

Even with ENTP's however, they've been more passing fancies / crushes than deep romances. With NT's, it's more mental stimulation and temporary sexual attraction rather than a desire to be in a relationship long term. I personally haven't been involved romantically with an ST or SP.

ENFJ+ESTP would work where an ESTP has spent time developing his/her feeling function and is a little less ... cutting with his/her words. ESTP's tend to say it like it is whereas ENFJ's tend to spare the other's feelings and come to a point where sparing those feelings may lead to them getting taken advantage of. The dominant Fe is all about social rules and emotional intelligence when working in tandem with Ni, whereas Tert Fe is more child-like and feeds a more objective view rather than the subjective one that Fe-Ni desires.

An example of this is that an ESTP may say what's on his her mind and not hold back the punches in a conflict - and be right most of the time. The Tert Fe is not always aware of how an ESTP is coming across, whereas that's usually all an ENFJ is capable of seeing. An ENFJ would tend to perceive an ESTP's objective insight as an "attack" and feel demonized in an extended conflict.

ESTP's are people of action whereas ENFJ's are generally slow to action. This can go both ways .. The dominant Se for the ESTP will drive the ENFJ to be more proactive, grounded, real and practical and look at the immediate present moment instead of having his/her head in the clouds ... but it could also go in the opposite direction where too much living in the moment could potentially lead to a feeling of a "constant sugar rush" in life without it ever heading in any set direction. However, a love relationship between healthy ESTP's and ENFJ's can help both of them develop their functions and grow well together as long as they are fully aware of their strengths and weaknesses and bounce off of each other.

That's all I have for now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ex was an ESTP - we got along amazingly-always worked well together, amazing chemistry and similar interests- until he just stopped trying. One bad thing would throw him completely off the edge and he would give up. Focussed solely on the negative and completely shut off from the relationship-throwing me into a tizzy trying to get his heart back. He completely flaked on me in the end like I never meant a thing to him. Marriage talk and left me 2 days later saying it just wasn't there anymore. Yep, because you let it die guy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
One of my best friends at school is an ENFJ girl, and we've argued a good bit but we both always forgive each other, usually when I apologize and she forgives me (because I would say something that offended her haha). She's an extremely high F, but I have a fairly developed Fe. Mostly when we argue it's about politics or me saying something that isn't politically correct, so they aren't serious arguments. Also arguments release endorphins and we both know now that we enjoy to argue with each other, even if it gets a little heated.
I really appreciate this friendship not only because she's a great friend but also because i'm crushing a good amount on another ENFJ and I'm really happy about the insights my friend has given me and also I know some things that I should never say, and I know when I should start feeling shitty about what I said and apologize.

Basically, I have a great friendship with an ENFJ and a nice crush on another. Friendship definitely works well. Relationships, I could not say.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think my first boyfriend was ESTP, but I was 16 so I'm not sure how much our relationship says about the ENFJ/ESTP in general. But we were together for six month before I ended it. He was quite immature (as was I probably) and he got mad at me for small things but didn't want to tell me what was bothering me... and wanted me to guess... Very chatty guy, could talk forever. Always found that fun. He was pretty considerate although he played World of Warcraft on Valentines day... Like I said, we were young. But it was fun, he's a fun person to be with, we talked a lot but communication was probably not great. I can recognize DancingQuicksilver's point that they can get focused on the bad and forget everything else.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My ESTP friend is in a relationship with an ENFJ and so far it has been so good, I hear.
Though, I think they are lucky to be quite matching individuals as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts