Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wont give much detail as that might bias opinions. I will simply state that Im an ENFJ man and have been having a romantic relationship with an INTJ woman for te past three years... on and off.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Er... Congratulations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insightful question, thank you.

Mostly the good and better things I have, a lot of learning about myself and how to be a better person to others. She helped, not by telling me directly, but through how she reacted, to not let things in my personality that can overwhelm people become so apparent, I learned to pace myself and to exercise self-control. I learned not to confuse silence with shyness or to see it as a defect in personality. I learned that people who are usually silent i.e those who are introverts, have a lot more to say than I do, and for the most part it is worth listening to them because they are wiser than I am at choosing what they will express.

She also made me lose my patience during the first year, because it was hard for me to figure out what would go through her mind or how she felt, and I like knowing what people think and feel. But this in turn taught me to read other things in people, the silent language with which they express themselves with gestures, their eyes, their hands and mostly their reactions in combination with the aforementioned. This was a tough part of the relationship, the learning curve for me was difficult. It was also difficult for her.

She brought out the best in me.... but it was worst before it got better. This was not an easy process to live through. Which is the best thing she actually brought out in me, and that is to have more patience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts