Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty?
Beauty is a subjective "feeling" of worth, value, awe, or senses being pleased.

What is love?

Love is an attachment to a person, thing, or place. A pleasantness is experienced upon thought of said person, thing, or place. Furthermore, the subject of the love wishes happiness, success, and all good things to happen to the person, thing, or place.

2. What are your most important values?
(It's hard to put these to words so I'm just going to try my hardest)

Treat the world and all living things with respect and dignity.
Learn from your mistakes.
Love.
Heal with kindness.
Forgive.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I believe that good exists and God exists. I believe in these things because if I don't the world becomes a very dark place with very little meaning. It's very difficult to carry on with pains and suffering of this world without these beliefs (for me, anyway).

4. Opinion on war and militaries?

War is sometimes necessary. The threat of war is often necessary. Both of those necessities by their nature imply the necessity of militaries. Now, hypothetically, if everyone at the same time withdrew their forces and the entire world agreed one day to never fight another war with itself and decided all militaries were purely for the sake of extra terrestrial defense, we might actually have world peace and wouldn't that be nice? (although it might imply interplanetary warfare in its replacement)

What is power to you?

Okay, it's complicated I will explain. Say there's Mr. X and Mr. Y. Mr. X has something that Mr. Y wants. Mr. X has power over Mr. Y because he can make Mr. Y do whatever Mr. X wants with the promise that one day Mr. Y will have what Mr. X has. That is unless Mr. Y gets really mad because he's tired of all the degrading stuff that Mr. X makes him do but never gives him what Mr. X has. So, Mr. Y gets his power back by either

A. giving up the attachment to whatever it was he wanted that Mr. Y has OR
B. stealing what Mr. X has that Mr. Y wants OR
C. killing Mr. X and taking everything Mr. Y has OR
D. all of the above.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about?
Schools and which courses to take. Relationships. People's individual histories and feelings. Helping people find perspective. Letting people vent. Talking about our passions or global injustice. How things work. Recent findings and discoveries. Realizations and emotional awakenings. Strange synchronicity experiences. Romantic stories. Dreams. Feelings. Psychology. Ethical routes to take. What you're doing/what I'm doing when and what time, where, etc. What we might want to do in the future. Stories about people coming to terms with themselves. Self actualization.

What are your interests?

The nature of man. The nature and existence of God. Ethics. Philosophy. Mythology. Psychology (mainly theory). Experiments and their recent findings. Politics (mainly political theory). Behavior prediction/explanation and POV of various groups and individuals. I'm interested in why we do what we do; how we feel what we feel; archetypes; mysteries; stories; etc. I like relationships/want to figure something out.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic?

Sure, as long as it isn't too late at night. That kind of topic can really creep me out.

Are you focused on your body?

Not without deliberate effort to do so (which I make at least 30 minutes every day while drinking tea in the morning).

7. What do you think of daily chores?

They're tough to keep up on but when I do them, I feel a lot of relief. If the house is dirty, it makes me uncomfortable and tired all day.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Books:
Charles Bukowski (his poetry is awesome)
Walden by Thoreau
The Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart (her descriptions of nature are stirring)
Harry Potter
The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
Good Omens with Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Most of Neil Gaiman
I read a really good sexy book with a telepath in it recently
Collected works of Carl Jung (I've also got the Red Book)
The Madwoman (omg! A must read! Fantastic description of women getting angry and why, lol.)

Films:
Elysium.
Wes Anderson films: The Life Aquatic, Bottle Rocket, Rushmore...etc.
Anything with Will Ferrell in it.
Shawn of the Dead.
Quentin Tarantino movies: Pulp Fiction, True Romance, Kill Bill, etc. Star Wars.

9. What has made you cry?

People dying. Recently my friend moved away for 2 years that made me cry (granted I was getting my period). I almost cried when this guy I really liked said he was moving away forever to another country. Missing my ex, being lonely.

There was a story I heard once about a man coming home to his little baby and it running up into his arms and then the baby just died. I burst out into tears when I heard it. Oh, that was terrible.

This one time when I was like 11, I had this friend who was supposed to eat lunch with me but she said she had to go to the office first. I followed her there where she got a free lunch ticket. I asked what that was and she explained that because her parents had come from a refuge camp to the United States they didn't have a lot of money so the school gave her free lunch. I cried at the kindness and generosity of the program which had obviously come from someone's concern for her well-being without even knowing her personally.

What has made you smile? Why?

When people say "Hi" or smile at me I generally smile back because it's polite.
When I see puppies or dogs in general because I like them.
When I've been in love. I smiled quite a lot back then because I was happy.
Being drunk generally makes me smile because I am happy.
Of course, I exercise my smile because it's strange.
When I'm at work because I have to and it's polite.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

In nature. With my close friends who I have known a long time, sitting around a campfire. Going for long walks alone or with a close friend.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses?

I'm too sensitive. Too emotional. Socks don't match. Don't take care of my physical self. Don't sleep enough. Don't eat enough. Eat too much. Can't keep track of the details. Always losing things.

(which isn't always true but they yell about these things when I'm low or stressed about something these become particularly true).

What do you dislike about yourself?

I should be in bed right now. (I get carried away and forget what time it is). Also, I can be quite moody although I find this good and bad as it can be quite creative. Also, I wish I could be more practical, ambitious, and try harder to make money but then I think what's the point in that?

12. What have people seen as your strengths?

Good at knowing people's motives and figuring out why they do what they do and what they'll do next. People tell me I'm great at writing fiction and stories in general.
I've been told I'm gifted with languages.
I've also been encouraged to be a counselor/psychologist.

What do you like about yourself?

I just like being me for no other reason that the sheer experience of life. Walking around in the moonlit drenched streets, smelling clean white snow cover the ground...etc. I like that I can channel art and writing sometimes. I like that I can be nice and have power over how I act and feel sometimes.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

Self awareness. Being able to talk about myself like other people do. Like say, "I'm a X kind of person so I would be good at Y." Because then I could go in Y direction and have the possibilities narrowed down so then it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Blergh! Yes, not so long ago. Cause: no future prospects, no vision, no plan, no job. Reaction: depression, anger, over sensitivity, journaled and forced myself to go exercise, and called an LSI who laid down the law. Then I got a job and got back into my groove a little and felt better.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people?

Dislike:
~When people do something nice for you and then hold it over your head like you owe them something
~Manipulation
~Violence/cruelty
~Controlling behavior
~baseless accusations
~threats/ultimatums

Like:
~insightfulness
~compassion
~desire to help other people
~concern for humanity as a whole
~environmentalism
~just generally caring about things/having passions and dreams and then actually trying to do them
~Kindness
~Generosity
~Love

What types do you get along with?
I will rate them in descending order by tier

1. INFj INFp INTp ENFp INTj ESFp ISFj ENTj (although the ESFp and ISFj's I don't hang out with very often but we get along really well when we do --although we don't talk that much just play a game or study or drink or something)ISFp ENTp ESTj ISTj ENFj ESFj

. ESTp (I don't get it because I like them a lot and all but for some reason it's like...idk...it's like we just don't get along...nothing in common at all not even a little bit. But we both try really hard to help each other out it just...well, anyway.)

16. How do you feel about romance/sex?

I like it. But it's exhausting. Too much demands on time, energy, etc. I have fallen in love too many times and my heart is always broken.

What qualities do you want in a partner?

Someone who is kind of shy about dating. A little bit formal. Funny. Very manly. Likes to put things in order but doesn't tell me what to do. Isn't too demanding of my time and energy reserves. Accepts me for who I am. Allows me to be vulnerable and share my feelings. Let's me be the girly one but doesn't forget to tell me that I'm pretty and wonderful and that he appreciates my company and isn't afraid to cry if something's sad. Is strong and probably extroverted and doesn't get sucked into other people's drama. A good man. That's all I want a man who does the right thing even when it's tough to do that.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Start letting go when they're old enough to make their own decisions and trust by that time that you've taught them enough that they'll make the right ones. I think it's important to encourage independence but also to give them a moral compass to guide them through life. The rules of how to navigate the systems are also helpful. No point in creating sheeple who will listen to anything they're told. They've got to learn how to think for themselves and make the right choices.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Outwardly calm. Inwardly disgusted. Outwardly ask questions and get to the bottom of whether they really believe it or not and why or why not. Sometimes you've just got to agree to disagree.

19. Describe your relationship to society.
How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

It's a mixed bag as with anything human. We can do good and evil things. We should all be striving to be better and to take care of one another. It's hard though and I see people's perspectives when they don't care or give up. It gets really tough and you feel so alone or you're taught the only way to get what you want is to do evil things. I believe the world would be a better place if we could rise above our challenges and become better people to ourselves and others and did our part to make the right thing an easier thing to do.

Prevalent social problems: poverty, income inequality, exploitation of labor, sex slave industry, deforestation, human rights abuses, dictatorships that use coercion tactics, etc.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

They look nice. They want to talk to me. We have similar interests or we're involved in a similar activity. Most of my friends come from working together on some common project. Or from a class we took together or we have a similar interest. I play hostess cooking and find fun things to do together. I try to tell stories and jokes. I love when other people return the favor but I'm always there to hear what's going on in their lives and empathize with what's going on.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I'm quiet at first to try to get a feel for what the other person is like. I try to feel out someone's energy and think about who they are before I feel safe talking to them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts