Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or career path? And why did you choose it?

I'm just curious :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I am a nurse's aid/medication aide and I really like it. I am going to school for nursing and plan on staying in the field for some time.

I chose nursing because I will basically always have a job (even if I get laid off of one, I can easily get another one quickly) in a field where I can take care of people. I am much better at it than anyone I've ever worked with, to a point where it makes most workers look bad, which often is a problem.

To me, a job is just a way to get to all the other things I want to pursue. I have a very long bucket list (it is a binder) that includes travel, books, education, skills, movies, tv series, dating, miscellaneous. It is very extensive, but it keeps me happy to continuously work towards short and long-term goals.

At some point, I am going to pursue writing, though I will probably stay as a nurse because it is a stable income (not ever going to depend on money from writing).

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a nurse's aid/medication aide and I really like it. I am going to school for nursing and plan on staying in the field for some time.

I chose nursing because I will basically always have a job (even if I get laid off of one, I can easily get another one quickly) in a field where I can take care of people. I am much better at it than anyone I've ever worked with, to a point where it makes most workers look bad, which often is a problem.

To me, a job is just a way to get to all the other things I want to pursue. I have a very long bucket list (it is a binder) that includes travel, books, education, skills, movies, tv series, dating, miscellaneous. It is very extensive, but it keeps me happy to continuously work towards short and long-term goals.

At some point, I am going to pursue writing, though I will probably stay as a nurse because it is a stable income (not ever going to depend on money from writing).
Waw btetschner! Such a sweet heart <3 I admire your choice and wish you all luck, whether in your job or in the list you are trying to accomplish. Helping is in most of our blood i guess :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I work(ed) in journalism and translation, now that I mastered in cultural studies I am hoping to get into uni and become a professor&theorist of some sort :) My final aim, however, is to work in spirituality and guide others on the path :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm in IT. I started as a programmer, and later moved into more of an administrator/analyst role. Now I do a little bit of everything, so when someone asks about my job, it's just easier to say "I'm in IT" :). I still love programming and troubleshooting.
When I learned I was ENFJ and that the most appropriate professions for me were teaching/counseling/nursing I started doubting that I was ENFJ, because I couldn't see myself in any of those. I work with NT types a lot (I/ENTJs, ENTPs), and I understand their thought process, and I like connecting to them via Ni/Ne and Ti/Te. My boss is Ne-dom, and I have very strong Ni, we are good team :). After some deliberation and reading about MB and cognitive functions, I am convinced I'm ENFJ, regardless of my career choice.
Perhaps my biggest reason to love my job is that I'm good at it. I also love connecting with people that are usually not considered to be very "contactable" :).
My end goal would be to build a good working piece of software or service with people I like.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
I am an accounts/payroll clerk. I do it because working with figures is something I know but I am not passionate about it at all and I don't like the boring/ anal-retentive accountants I usually report to. I was able to negotiate some good hours though which works around my kids and school hours. Seeing as I am not career orientated I stick with it and treasure the hours I spend with my kids and husband. I suppose what I would like to do one day is be a makeup artist. I love that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am an accounts/payroll clerk. I do it because working with figures is something I know but I am not passionate about it at all and I don't like the boring/ anal-retentive accountants I usually report to. I was able to negotiate some good hours though which works around my kids and school hours. Seeing as I am not career orientated I stick with it and treasure the hours I spend with my kids and husband. I suppose what I would like to do one day is be a makeup artist. I love that.
I think it is very important to have a job that doesn't interfere with your family life too much. Over the years I've had different arrangements: I worked part time so I could be home when my older one came from school when he started first grade. Now I have a job that allows me to work from home twice a week, and I love being home when my younger one shows up, if only two days out of 5.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm in IT. I started as a programmer, and later moved into more of an administrator/analyst role. Now I do a little bit of everything, so when someone asks about my job, it's just easier to say "I'm in IT" :). I still love programming and troubleshooting.
When I learned I was ENFJ and that the most appropriate professions for me were teaching/counseling/nursing I started doubting that I was ENFJ, because I couldn't see myself in any of those. I work with NT types a lot (I/ENTJs, ENTPs), and I understand their thought process, and I like connecting to them via Ni/Ne and Ti/Te. My boss is Ne-dom, and I have very strong Ni, we are good team :). After some deliberation and reading about MB and cognitive functions, I am convinced I'm ENFJ, regardless of my career choice.
Perhaps my biggest reason to love my job is that I'm good at it. I also love connecting with people that are usually not considered to be very "contactable" :).
My end goal would be to build a good working piece of software or service with people I like.
Wow, thought I was the only ENFJ in IT :)

I work as a software architect and I love it. There's a lot of room for creativity (ensuring I never get bored) and contact with people, which ENFJs need. It gives me great pleasure to be able to "unite" a large group of people and get everyone onboard the same goal and vision, of building a great piece of software.
@FromFarAway: What kind of software do you work with, if I may ask?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow, thought I was the only ENFJ in IT :)

I work as a software architect and I love it. There's a lot of room for creativity (ensuring I never get bored) and contact with people, which ENFJs need. It gives me great pleasure to be able to "unite" a large group of people and get everyone onboard the same goal and vision, of building a great piece of software.
@FromFarAway: What kind of software do you work with, if I may ask?
Oh, cool, so now we know, there are at least two of us :).
I work with enterprise systems (PeopleSoft and the like) and everything that feeds into/out of them - I'm an integration developer. I just recently started to be called this "architect" thing, too, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I still do quite a bit of development and technical design, but I also interact with non-technical people more. MBTI says I should be good at it, but I miss my days when I could just listen to my music all day long, headphones and all, while coding away or digging up an issue.
Hopefully, when things settle a little, I will be doing more of technical design and less paper pushing.
Oh, I'm very social at work - Instant Messenger is the way to go when communicating with geeks :).

How about you?

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work(ed) in journalism and translation, now that I mastered in cultural studies I am hoping to get into uni and become a professor&theorist of some sort :) My final aim, however, is to work in spirituality and guide others on the path :)
Wow, amazing!! I love cultural studies! We took a course in it last year.. I loved it. Still have notes from it on my world map. I think you'll do great & I really encourage you on your noble aim! Inspiring :)

Reactions: shakti

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I.T. is a great major!
I'm into software computer/mobile (a subject I love to read about!) and I was going to study computer engeneering or telecommunication engineering if it wasn't for my grades. I switched to business-I.T. later (or M.I.S.) and then finally settled in human resources management in which I felt I could give a lot of my potential & there's some good people contact there. So I guess it's not weird eventhough we are ENFJ. Maybe that's because we score differently on the enneagram? Or, because our interests are varied & not strict to our MBIT personality.
I wish you all luck in your goal! You'll do great :)

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a very kind & wise choice; to give time to family.
These days, it's very hard.
Waw make up? do you like to practice it at home? :)

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waw make up? do you like to practice it at home? since when were you interested in it? :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wow, amazing!! I love cultural studies! We took a course in it last year.. I loved it. Still have notes from it on my world map. I think you'll do great & I really encourage you on your noble aim! Inspiring :)
Thanks, that's very sweet of you :)

Reactions: Xyra

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Waw make up? do you like to practice it at home? since when were you interested in it? :)
I like experimenting with my own makeup and different products, as well as doing makeup for different friend's sisters or daughters for their highschool ball etc. I did a friend's wedding makeup too. It's a form of art to me.

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like experimenting with my own makeup and different products, as well as doing makeup for different friend's sisters or daughters for their highschool ball etc. I did a friend's wedding makeup too. It's a form of art to me.
Such talent! and yes,it is a from of art :)
My sister is the same too (ENFP). She just looves makeup.
I wish you good luck in your dream! Maybe one day have your own makeup salon? :)

Reactions: kiwigrl and Xyra

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
mbean1, your picture should be an example of the ENFJ smile (very radiant and inviting).

What type of comedy do you do?

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i do web/graphic design and stand up comedy
Amazing! Comedy, I like that! :) Where do you do it? and liek betschner asked, what type pf comedy?
Good luck in the design field! Artistic qualities too :)

Reactions: mbean1

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Richard Pryor is a legendary comedian (ENFJ), and he is hilarious and very racy (so much so that many people can't listen to him).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts