Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently took the MBTI test for my RA position, and got surprise surprise ENFJ. Pretty much 75% of my staff is ENFJ's, our staff meetings are pretty hilarious. At first I didn't really look too much into what the MBTI was but I've been thinking a bit more, in light of a recent budding relationship that's been budding I've had, about the typologies a bit more. While change has been incremental, it's been helping me understand others more and at the same time helping me get to know myself a bit more.

When I look back at my life when I was a wee boy. I recall being much more self-critical and emotionally needy than I am now. I look back and see that my type was somewhat undeveloped at the time. Since then I think I've learned to leverage my strengths and work on my weaknesses. I'm much more forgiving and genuinely understanding now that I'm older. I used to just stay bitter at people, because I felt like if I didn't I wouldn't be tough like I thought I should be. Now I feel at ease just living to understand and reconcile with people, love and compassion just come naturally to me and for me it's just as natural as breathing. What's crazy is often I will just stop breathing, because I feel like it's necessary for me to do so. In some of my more darker chapters I know I have hurt people through my actions or deliberate lack thereof. I realize now that when they hurt me it was simply my own ego keeping myself from telling them what was really going on in my head. If I'm a good example I think ENFJ's can keep a straight face for a long time until we just snap and begin mentally tossing around a ton of negative assumptions. I know for me those negative assumptions about myself and others has been my achilles heel for a long time. And recently I've been trying very hard to fight those impulses in my head, I can't say it's easy. But I've found that for me just sitting down and talking things out with friends and family just do wonders for me. I used to struggle with talking people, not because I didn't want to. But because I felt I was taking unearned attention and time from others. But that just wasn't true, I look back and realize I do have great group of friends and family who do care a lot about me and they are willing/enjoy being there for me just as I am for them.

Ok so the mushy stuff is over. I guess like a lot of other ENFJ's I love metaphors and symbols. Half of my facebook statuses are vague yet inspirational quotes about how the world can become a better place. Flags, maps, royal seals, history, geography, theories are the things that interest me immensely. It's funny, I study International Relations and Economics which deal with a lot of dismal situations. But for me it's easy to be optimistic about where the world is going and the capacity for it to happen is in my opinion within reach. I'm very much interested in developmental economics and in negotiation and conflict resolution. The very fact that we even discuss the idea of peaceful resolution of inter-state conflict and even care about the plight of those half the world away, is in my mind historically significant.

Whenever I get down I always watch this to cheer me up: (ok it looks like I can't post links yet, just look up "the greatest speech ever made" on youtube

(yes that's Charlie Chaplin masquerading as Hitler, its the final scene of the Great Dictator which was a satirical film produced by Charlie Chaplin in the run up to WWII.)

Wow this is pretty long hahaha, I guess I have a lot to say for myself.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Rijeka and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Rijeka. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello, it's good to have other E's over here as Internet forums are generally an I kingdom. :tongue:
Anyway, are you from Croatia? In my country we had some Croatian TV series and I liked what I saw. I hope that someday I'll visit Rijeka and other Croatian towns on the sea shore.

And some fun questions - you share your personality type with Hyacinth Bucket:
What do you think about people like her?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello! It's good to be here, yes I can certainly agree that the internet and definitely the forums are typically dominated by introverts. I had a big discussion with a buddy of mine who is more introverted over who has it easier in the world now, introverts or extraverts. Of course we kinda both saw it differently. He felt that the world pushed him to be more outgoing than he actually is. While I posited that at least where I'm from (the states not Croatia) with the shift towards ever more electronic forms of communication and solitary activities becoming more prevalent, I often feel like the world has gotten more connected but in many ways less so. Which is tough for E's since I know for me more than anything, personal contact is essential for me to well be me, anything less kinda just makes me feel like I'm wasting away.

But yes about Croatia. I'm actually not from Croatia, I picked the name because a I have a map of Rijeka along with a host of other city maps I'm collected during my time in Europe and I always found Rijeka to be endearing. The city is relatively large by Croatian standards, nestled between high mountains that just drop into the Adriatic, it has this very Art Noveau feel, and an interesting history of being a sort of an point where Croatia really starts to meet Italy. Beyond just Rijeka, I'd also recommend going to Pula, Plitvice, Zadar, and Split and Dubrovnik if you have time. I lived in Croatia for work, for about 5 months had a blast! Most Americans just focus on Western Europe, but I have to say they're really missing out by ignoring anything east of Italy. The whole Balkans are simply stunning, I count Bosnia and Herzegovina as one the most beautiful countries I've ever been to.

Oh man that video kinda reminds me of my aunt who I do share a very common personality, hahahaha thanks for that it made me laugh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, I'm fed up with the whole 'I'm too busy (=Facebooking, etc.), I don't have time to go out' crap most people are into nowadays. Some people often complain they have no time for going out, yet they spend their free time in front of the monitor. I prefer phones to email/Facebook/IM and face-to-face to phones.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AHHH, I truly have it out for Facebook and Twitter. I can see their use and their place, but yo I'd much rather sit down and show someone my photos than just wait for facebook like points. Yeah I'm exactly the same with my preference for face to face. My biggest pet peeves have to include people who start texting when people are around them. A girl I dated once used to do this, she went from engaging and attractive to just well not worth it in like two seconds in my mind. I had to really catch myself then, so I simply asked if something important just happened, when she replied that her friend just sent her a photo of a cat. Yeah I kinda didn't take her seriously ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts