Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually get ENFJ on most quizes, but occasionally I will feel more ENTJ. Help?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

ENTJ- I have a very high IQ, 138-158. I know that IQ isn't very accurate at measuring intelligence, but I compete in Academic Decathlon and Science Olympiad. In both these competitions I always do really well without any studying, I never really have studied honestly. I don't just compete either, I organize meetings in clubs, help with speeches, recognize who has certain strong skill sets and how I can use them to further the team's capability for success.

ENFJ- I tutor people occasionally, mostly younger kids, as I have more patience than my other highly intellectual friends. I do community service stuff and I am a very school spirited person. I'm the person making playlists for school events, planning rallies or lunch games, and I have no problem hopping up to the mic and MCing.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want to make a lot of money. I am raised in a household that lives below the poverty line. I have been raised to believe that money does not always equal happiness, but a person never looks sad on a jetski. But really, I would end up helping people with my money. I want to make sure my parents retire first, I want to help out with church functions, I want to donate all of my excess money to charity instead of hoarding it all.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I was at my finest when I stood up to a mic in front of shy incoming freshman, cracked some jokes, and then told them why my school was such a great place to be. Then we[ASB] took them into small groups and gave them tours. I gave my group special insider info like where the guy that illegally sells sodas hangs out, or what teacher lets you use their microwave, just stuff to survive freshman year.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't feel inferior very often, I will feel humbled, sit-back, learn, and observe if anything. I don't remember that last time I felt inferior honestly. I do what I do and I'm very confident in what I do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I make decisions very fast and efficiently. I quickly weigh pros and cons, possible errors, and if they will have either an impact or impression on someone's life.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I will mediate group decisions mostly and assign people jobs based on their skill sets. I really try to be more hands on and active, but I am often the guy people go to for help or questions.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I went to my ASB/Leadership Summer Camp and I had an amazing time. We were in cabins in the mountains, I met a ton of new friends, I stepped out of my comfortzone, and tons of other stuff. I can recite just about every detail almost exactly.(My memory is very precise when I'm involved and focused, I can recall just about anything)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Trial and error, I could never really ask my parents for much help with anything. One never graduated highschool and the other only graduated highschool. I learn very quickly from observation and watching others first and take in different perspectives of the problem.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I feel I'm very organized, but many people disagree. I don't have any system of organization, I just remember where everything is.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Both, if an argument makes sense only then will I fact check it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

(Even though this is a statement with an inappropriate question mark at the end), Yes, I often befriend the odd-man out, they are often very interesting when you get to know them.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think then speak, but I think very fast to the point where I think about something then say it half-a-second later. Group discussions come naturally to me, I can mediate discussions easily and take in a lot of information fastly.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Depends on the situation, if it's not obviously dangerous I'll hop in. Words only mean something if action follows through, action is only meaningful if it's thought out.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out with my friends no doubt.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Hot/Cold flashes, I talk very fast, I can't drink enough caffeine, I try to do everything myself and often ignore help offers despite how much I desperately need it.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Close-mindedness, lack of tolerance, susceptible to bad peer-pressure.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything, I'll talk about science mostly, but I'm more of a listener. I really like to ask questions and get to know people more.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life.

Academics, they come naturally, I put very little effort into them.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends see me as very idealistic with too high standards. They aren't wrong, when it comes to my personal life I refuse to settle. They would never say I take out my anger on others.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Golf with friends, make a science project with friends, go for a walk with friends, practice with my band, go paint-balling, or read a book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts