Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently did the Myer Briggs test and the results said that I am an ENFJ.
Then I found this forum and I was looking at the threads. I started reading 'you know you're and ENFJ when..'. Then I saw this one "You hate conflict and will avoid speaking badley of others at all costs. If you happen to speak ill of another you give yourself the guilt trip from hell." and 20 percent of the responses applied to me.
Well i do sometimes gossip or talk about for example how someones clothes look. I like to gossip, not all the time but still. But I dont feel THAT bad about it. Maybe thats because I just turned 18, that I need to fit in or not?

And then I looked at other personalities forums in peticular ESFJ. Then I looked at their thread 'you know you're an ESFJ when...' well 90 percent applies to me. But when I looked at the description of ESFJ on the internet it says things like 'does not think out of the box' or 'is not messy'. Well those traits I do not have.

So the traits from ENFJ fit me better than ESFJ. But in real life, ESFJ fit me better than ENFJ

So my question is should I look at the traits of ENFJ or ESFJ or real life
Or is it just my age that I differ from a 'true' ENFJ.

Thanks <3

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
What kinds of things do you like to do? What kind of things do you think about? Do you often feel disconnected from people?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kinds of things do you like to do? What kind of things do you think about? Do you often feel disconnected from people?
Well I like to help people. I like makeup, so I like applying makeup and telling/teaching them how to.
I like to be creative with makeup, photography. I love psychology. I also like to just relax, watch movies do things with friends.

I think about spirituality, how can I improve my life, how I can be more positive. Where do I want to go, how am I going to achieve that

And I feel connected with people, and I like to connect with them. I want to know how they see the world. Sometimes I dont get a certain view or thing they are experiencing and then I think about it for a time and then it just happens to me, or a situation presents itself where I feel/think the exact same way.

Are that answers you are looking for?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well I like to help people. I like makeup, so I like applying makeup and telling/teaching them how to.
I like to be creative with makeup, photography. I love psychology. I also like to just relax, watch movies do things with friends.

I think about spirituality, how can I improve my life, how I can be more positive. Where do I want to go, how am I going to achieve that

And I feel connected with people, and I like to connect with them. I want to know how they see the world. Sometimes I dont get a certain view or thing they are experiencing and then I think about it for a time and then it just happens to me, or a situation presents itself where I feel/think the exact same way.

Are that answers you are looking for?
What do you want to do with your life? What are your goals?

Describe your happiest moment.

Reactions: xxsooz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you want to do with your life? What are your goals?

Describe your happiest moment.
I want to be makeup artist. Do the makeup for fashion designer, celebrities, brides. Be creative

And my goals, I just want to be happy. Love everything and everyone completely. And live life to the fullest. A sort of enlightenment. And just things that would make my life extraordinary like writing a book, or producing a makeup line, traveling to places,..

My happiest moment =P. Thats a tough to pick one. But they are just moments where I am with people and living in the present and now, and just everything is perfect. Its mindfullness, no passing thoughts just perfection.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'm thinking you're an ESFJ.

Do you like to be in control? Are you a good leader? Do you keep a lot of your deeper feelings to yourself?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Then you definitely seem like an ESFJ to me.

Have you taken a cognitive functions test?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Result:

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENFJ
or Second Possibility: ENFP
or Third Possibility: ESFP

So I think thats sorted out?^^

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Read through the type deceptions for ENFJ and ESFJ and let me know what sounds like you for each description.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
do apply:
Good verbal communication skills
Very perceptive about people's thoughts and motives
Warmly affectionate and affirming
Fun to be with - lively sense of humor, dramatic, energetic, optimistic
Good money skills
Loyal and committed - they want lifelong relationships
Strive for "win-win" situations
Driven to meet other's needs
Sometimes unaware of social appropriateness or protocol
They may be so attuned to what is socially accepted or expected that they're unable to assess whether something is "right" or "wrong" outside of what their social circle expects.
ENFJs often feel motivated by their interaction with people. They tend to enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances, and they gain energy in social situations
tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic
: ENFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability

dont apply
motivational, inspirational; bring out the best in others
Able to "move on" after a love relationship has failed (although they blame themselves)
Their sharply defined value systems make them unbending in some areas
Tend to be critical of opinions and attitudes which don't match their own

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ESFJ
do
Have very difficult time accepting the end of a relationship, and are likely to take the blame for the failure onto their own shoulders
May be overly status-conscious, and interested in how others see them
ESFJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities

dont
May tend to use guilt manipulation as a way to get what they want
Have difficulty accepting negative things about people close to them
Generally uncomfortable with change, and moving into new territories

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hmmm...I still think you're ESFJ.

Post another list for ESFJ traits.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts