Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this to reddit awhile back and got mixed responses. I've tested as an INFJ for awhile but lately it has come to my attention that I could be an ENFJ

Been tested as an INFJ, INFP, ENFJ, ESFJ so it's a little confusing

• How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.

I'm an 18 year old female. I'm currently in a year of general studies at a college and I'm taking a four year nursing program starting next year.

• Is there a medical diagnosis that may impact your mental stability somehow?

None currently.

• Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?

I was raised Roman Catholic and for the first 13 years of my life, I strictly adhered to it the best that I could, but around 14, I began to fall apart from the church as I began to explore my own possibilities (what if the church isn't right?)

• What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?

Currently unemployed, but as a future nurse, I love helping people and making them feel better.

• If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?

I already spend most of my time by myself. I'm an introvert and I like to spend time with myself and talking to my friends online. I might get a little lonely which might depress me a little bit.

• What kinds of activities do you prefer? Do you like, and are you good at sports? Do you enjoy any other outdoor or indoor activities?

I like playing visual novels and drawing. I'm very clumsy, but I did do cheerleading for awhile.

• How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

I'm really curious about the world around me. I often explore possibilities and examine my choices that would lead to different (alternate universes) outcomes and that intrigues me. I often wonder about those universes and what's different in them. I also like to examine human behaviour and what leads people to make the choices they do. If one of the "why" reasons was changed, I will often examine what would happen.

• Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?

While I don't particularly enjoy leadership, I am capable of taking on a leadership role and leading people. When I'm a leader, I want to be seen as part of the group, not someone who is above the the people. I would take everyone's ideas into consideration and consider the best solution for the group.

• Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?

I'm not very coordinated. I have a tendency to be clumsy and trip over nothing all the time. The only thing I do with my hands is draw.

• Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.

Most of my art is either sprite edits from a game series where I draw the sprites on paper, take a picture of it, and then trace it digitally, because that's what appeases the current fandom I'm in and that's what I'm good at. However, most of my art would describe how I feel, whether it's trapped, happy, or confused, in some way, shape or form.

• What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?

I'm excited for the future but I'm scared of it. I also want the present to go by quicker so I can get to the future because my future looks good and I'm tired of dealing with the present. However, I feel that if I'm not grounded enough in the present, things will feel out of my control. I see the past as a very shameful thing and my memories of the past are so strong, I often find myself experiencing them and saying things out loud, which is embarrassing. I keep thinking about how I could have acted differently in the past and it upsets me to know that I can't. I've created my belief in alternate universes as a coping mechanism- a belief that when I die, I'm able to go to an alternate universe where I didn't make the mistakes.

• How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?

It's my job to help people. I put others before myself because it is my duty to help other people. I want other people to feel happy, so if that means putting my own happiness before them, than so be it.

• Do you need logical consistency in your life?

Nope. Most of my life is a chaotic mess anyways.

• How important is efficiency and productivity to you?

I think that there should be more than efficiency and productivity. Efficiency only measures how well something works, but it doesn't analyze the qualities of the person doing the work. The same goes for productivity. Your best worker could be an amazing worker but not be productive.

• Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?

I'm often told that I'm manipulative. I don't know why I am, but it tends to happen in times of stress for me. I'll manipulate someone into doing something for me or exhibiting a certain behavior because that might make me feel better.

• What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?

I like doing art because I like seeing the end product. I also like playing visual novels and reading because it's nice to immerse myself into a fictional world.

• What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?

I like classes where I can be creative and do what I want. While I like structure to an extent, being able to express myself is really cool and I feel like I do better when I'm at that. I'm also good at logic based classes as well, especially if I'm interested in them (ie Biology) or if I know that taking that class will help me out in the future. I do better in classes that I generally like.

• How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?

I have no self control, but I do break things down. Sometimes it's hard to stick to that (ADHD is fun), but most of the time, I'm able to stick to a plan once I have committed to it. My mom says that I was a determined child and whenever I stuck my mind to something, I did it 100% of the time.

• What are your aspirations in life, professionally and personally?

I want to be a nurse because to me, that is the way that I can help the most people out.

• What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?

Mushrooms. I'm fucking terrified of mushrooms. I think I had a childhood experience involving them. I also don't like people who genuinely try to hurt others.

• What do the "highs" in your life look like?

I'm happy, smiling, and everything is going great. I don't feel a need to manipulate people because I'm genuinely happy and I feel great.

• What do the "lows" in your life look like?

Depression, feeling isolated from other people (especially from my friends) and I'll manipulate others.

• How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?

I daydream all the time. Sometimes I'm aware of my surroundings, but other times I'm not. I find that I detach myself from reality a lot. I often relive embarrassing moments in my head that play out so strongly, I end up mumbling things in real life.

• Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

I think about alternate universes, my wrong choices, and where my life is going. Maybe I'll try to get out of there once my brain gets too overwhelmed.

• How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?

I tend to take awhile to make an important decision. I need time to think it over, and the only thing that will change my mind is a strong feeling that I can't make that choice, or even evidence. I'm influenced by evidence and other people.

• How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?

I process my emotions initially as sad, happy, anger, etc and that's how I feel. Later, I'll analyze the situation and think it through and analyze my emotions later. I also wear my heart on my sleeve and my emotions often take control of me, leading to inappropriate situations.

• Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?

Sometimes I agree with others to make them happy, but when it's something I feel strongly about, I'll speak up.

• Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why?

If I break a rule it's for a good reason. If someone I know needs Insulin and they can't afford it, I will do my best to acquire that medication for them. If I break a rule, it's to protect someone I love.

Here's my results from a test

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I posted this to reddit awhile back and got mixed responses. I've tested as an INFJ for awhile but lately it has come to my attention that I could be an ENFJ.

Here's my results from a test

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
Hi, Morphogenetic! Guess it may seem you could, possibly, be an ENFJ. A problem there is that you are pretty clearly an introvert. Besides which your Ti (the Inferior function for ENFJ) is too strong; whereas Se fits perfectly as the INFJ Inferior.

Meanwhile, the "Similar Minds" test may well be the third best of all the free versions of the MBTI. Your result on that test is, about as perfectly as possible, INFJ.

·
Registered
179 Posts
As someone who is struggling between these two types, I can actually identify with many of these traits you have mentioned! But I would want to think you're INFJ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts