Personality Cafe banner

ENFj personality profile - Socionics

12K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  flipper 
#1 ·

Ethical-Intuitive Extratim - ENFj (The Actor)

Based upon original work by Victor Gulenko with some alterations

[/URL] often have slim arms, legs and torso. They look rather slow and relaxed, especially among friends. However, there are ENFjs that are very nimble but they tend to suffer from a lack of co-ordination, giving the impression that they do it deliberately. ENFjs often have big, straight, sharp noses. Their eyes usually have a melancholy look about them and at the same time have that obsessed shine that shows a great emotional charge.

ENFjs usually hold their heads up straight, often giving the impression that they are looking above the heads of others. This can lead others to believe that ENFjs are arrogant people. ENFjs clothes are usually badly matched. There is often one particular detail that catches the eye and is completely out of place with the rest. They are well aware of this and therefore pay close attention to their wardrobe and are suspicious of any outside evaluation.

ENFjs enjoy the company of people who give off plenty of positive emotions. They like and in fact need to laugh in order to discharge the emotional energy that accumulates within. Their own emotions are of a dramatic nature, which they try hard to control. Sometimes, however, ENFjs can unexpectedly explode attracting unwanted attention to themselves.

ENFjs always warn others about impending trouble. They often dramatise reality a little too much as they seem to see the world in shades of grey. When interacting, they are sometimes parasitic and intrusive with their opinions and comments. ENFjs often express their true opinions during conversation as they find it difficult to keep them to themselves. They will often talk to themselves even if there are many people around.

ENFjs posses the ability to be great orators as they know how to paint speeches in many colours and how to keep the attention of the listener. Besides containing dramatic emotions, their speeches often contain sharp sarcasm and powerful bitterness. ENFjs know well how to combine humour with tragedy. As a result their narratives are always breathtaking.

ENFjs are inclined to trust only official published information. However they like gossip and discussing the details of peoples private lives, especially famous people, movie stars etc. ENFjs like to fantasise, often developing the same subject over a period of time. They also have the ability to persuade others that their opinions are right. Their completed projects are global in comparison to what they were when they were began. They have also tendency to create problems where there are not any and moreover to convince others of it.

ENFjs respect hierarchy and relate to people accordingly. If a person is in a lower position, their interaction can be cold and disrespectful. However, their behaviour towards someone in a higher position than themselves will be tactful and humble. They believe in the concept of leadership and leaders. ENFjs also have tendency to behave aristocratically. They can give the impression that they are from noble families. At the same time they are very polite and correct.

ENFjs do not like to work if someone is there, observing them. They really do not like others to see how they manage their homes and day to day matters. Because of this they often send other people on missions with various instructions in order to get rid of them so they can work comfortably.

ENFjs have no problems undertaking very difficult tasks and projects or working long unsociable hours. ENFjs strongly believe that human potential is unlimited. They often believe in a wide range of mystical phenomena, religion, the evil-eye and omens. They like to spend some time alone in order to contemplate life and the role of humans. "To be or not to be" is a question that ENFjs may ask themselves regularly.

Ethical-Intuitive Extratim - ENFj (The Actor)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you agree??
I do with almost all .. . ..ahhh and i think this one is pretty different from the others ones I've seen.

At work, this new girl was just watching me COUNT MONEY and it was pissing me off...like go do some work. I totally respect hierarchy. I sometime have mismatched clothes ( i think it looks good tho), I have thin arms and legs, and I hate ppl watching me! I do talk to myself sometimes.. etc etc! I'm a pretty good orator. I hate the emotional energy trapped inside and I ONLY watch comedies... I get stressed out/scared shitless watching horror or even drama ...

How do u guys get rid of ur emotional energy?

See less See more
#2 ·
hah this is pretty funny actually, funny kus its true.

I do sometimes have a piece of clothing that is mismatched. sometimes done on purpose because I like it but sometimes not by choice, because im in a rush, dont have a matching article or cant find whatever, perhaps that might even be a subconscious fate.

And I am quite thin god damnit ive been trying to gain weight for 3-4 years its been impossible, until I adopted working out over the last 8 months since my knees are fucked, but iv only gained 5-10 pounds more or less, fawck...

My nose isn't SMALL but its not HUUGE, I have thought it was a BIT bigger than normal, and it is straight. Whatever.

And the thing about "working" when someone is there is absolutely true.

I couldn't skateboard if a girl I liked was around, unless I completely zoned out and just did my own thing. Though I am learning more and more to get beyond this issue, because really all it is is a form of social anxiety.

I am very well co-ordinated but at times I can be clumsy hehe. I have AMAZING reflexes. Watch out :crazy:

dang this is pretty acurate.

#3 ·
Well, besides the phyiscal description, I'd agree with a lot of that. But I'm someone who doesn't really care about celebreties. I've met and hung out with a few, and I've come to realise that they're people too. As for the clothes, My mom and many others say that I ways seem to dress well with everything in place. Here's aan example of what I'll wear to a party: Black shoes with black jeans, a black or blue belt, a white Tee shirt under a deep blue dress shirt, black blazer, and if need be, my black trech coat. Sometimes I'll wear my Black fedora as well incase it's going to rain or snow. Otherwise, I'll just wet my hair down and brush it back.

#4 ·
That's very interesting. I would say it is mostly true. I am not sure about the hierarchy thing, especially looking down on people. I would never do that because I respect all people (although some people maybe think I do! which is totally different). A lot of people have assumed that I am from a better off background than I actually am, until they get to know me and learn I am quite down to earth. I think this is because I tend to be polite and correct.
I don't agree with the clothes bit. I think I do sometimes pick the occasional item which is unusual but I generally like things to match. Apart from that, I would say it is very insightful. Quite different to all other descriptions of ENFJs I have read, but certainly I was nodding along to most of it.

#5 ·
That physical description thing is weird. Neither one of the enfjs i know match that. Plus ...i mean this isnt enfj....but have you seen the variety of infps in the portrait thread? Like we are allll shapes and sizes. I dont think you can type people based on their looks but...ya. Thats interesting though.

#7 ·
ENFJs often have slim arms, legs and torso. They look rather slow and relaxed, especially among friends. However, there are ENFjs that are very nimble but they tend to suffer from a lack of co-ordination, giving the impression that they do it deliberately. ENFjs often have big, straight, sharp noses. Their eyes usually have a melancholy look about them and at the same time have that obsessed shine that shows a great emotional charge.
Not really true. I'm tall and lean, but not... slim. And I'm actually very coordinated, thank you very much... lol. I've always been an athlete and a good dancer. I do have a big nose. The eye thing is pretty true as well.

ENFjs usually hold their heads up straight, often giving the impression that they are looking above the heads of others. This can lead others to believe that ENFjs are arrogant people.
Very true. I've always been self-confident and carried myself well, especially as a kid. And people do tend to assume I'm stuck-up if they've never talked to me or really observed me.

ENFjs clothes are usually badly matched. There is often one particular detail that catches the eye and is completely out of place with the rest. They are well aware of this and therefore pay close attention to their wardrobe and are suspicious of any outside evaluation.
Hey now, this is hurting my pride :frustrating:. haha c'mon now, I'm a NYLON mag, lookbook.nu frequenter. Fashhunn is my middle name, dahling. I mean, LOOK at this outfit...
(Joke. This is from a high school fashion show, where mismatched clothing is supposedly awesome.)

ENFjs enjoy the company of people who give off plenty of positive emotions. They like and in fact need to laugh in order to discharge the emotional energy that accumulates within. Their own emotions are of a dramatic nature, which they try hard to control. Sometimes, however, ENFjs can unexpectedly explode attracting unwanted attention to themselves.
True. My best friend is an ENFP.. we laugh all the time and share our emotions. And I actually have exploded before, many times. I'll start talking REALLY loud and getting really excited (in complete disproportion to eveeryone else in the conversation). My mom will kind of whisper, "Bri... TONE IT DOWN." And I'll just stare at her, faking unawareness of what just happened. haha

ENFjs do not like to work if someone is there, observing them. They really do not like others to see how they manage their homes and day to day matters. Because of this they often send other people on missions with various instructions in order to get rid of them so they can work comfortably.
BULLSEYE. Honestly. I HATE people watching me as I work. I feel like they're waiting for me to make a mistake or will get impatient with the way I think things through and tackle tasks.

ENFjs have no problems undertaking very difficult tasks and projects or working long unsociable hours. ENFjs strongly believe that human potential is unlimited. They often believe in a wide range of mystical phenomena, religion, the evil-eye and omens. They like to spend some time alone in order to contemplate life and the role of humans. "To be or not to be" is a question that ENFjs may ask themselves regularly.
True once again. All the stuff I skipped was at least mostly true. I guess this thing isn't AS botched up as I previously thought. haha

#8 ·
Though I'm in the best shape of my life right now, I'll never ever be confused with slim! The eyes bit is true. People often ask me if I'm upset, which is hardly ever the case. Puppy dog eyes, I think you'd call it.

Being on the shorter side of life, it's hard to look over peoples' heads! Clothing mismatched? What? Me? Never! Okay. It fits me to a T, but I enjoy not wearing the same old thing. In fact, I realized this past weekend that having an office job where I don't dress as flamboyantly as I did in college has made me feel a bit unlike me. Not to mention the fact that losing 25 pounds takes a drastic cut out of a wardrobe. We'll work on that.

Laughing lots: Check.

The world is DEFINITELY a big muddle of grey, if you ask me.

"knows how to combine humour with tragedy"-- perhaps why I'm better at telling an "oh woe is me" story than a story about how great my day was?

As jabe said, people often think my background is much better off than it actually was, if we are talking in the material sense. We weren't well off, but we were raised with dignity, self respect, and a love of knowledge. I still have to remind my husband that his family just has a LOT more money than my family does!

And to rap up....

I absolutely LOATHE people watching what I'm doing. HATE HATE HATE.

#10 ·
Yeah I would say most of this is correct. The physical thing doesn't match but I started laughing about the 'they can make you think their opinion is right'. I almost always have people coming around and saying. "Yeah, you're right." An the whole thing about the talking loudly ad getting excited? I do that too, but I hate it.

Interesting thread :)

#14 ·
I typically have a general...style to me, though it's sometimes a bit odd or mismatched. I've once worn my dress shirt, dress pants, and tie...with...of all things my trenchcoat. I also typically wear jeans and a t-shirt with either, if black, my Trenchcoat or blue jeans, my jean jacket (save in winter when it's really cold, then I wear my winter coat). I "match" but...sometimes will wear one thing extra like where I put my watch, a belt that doesn't need to be on, or a band-related dog tag.

I laugh...a lot...I like to laugh. I'm also fairly silly and can self-depreciate myself for the humor of others (meaning I will act silly and be the clown if situation needs it).

I uh...kinda fit the physical description rather accurately, but I don't think it's THAT accurate, more of a "you may find more ENFJ's with this physical appearance". I like to exercise, mostly to relieve stress and tension, so it explains why I'd be kinda skinnier.

And I do talk to myself...ALL THE TIME...it's weird. Hi self, how you doing...nice day, right? I wonder what people are doing today. Will I be able to plan accordingly? What time is it? ...yeah, that's about the extent of my conversations with myself.

#17 ·
I agree with this. I actually really appreciate, like and enjoy socionics a lot.

feels very accurate to me.

this is totally me.

except for the celebrities thing.
maybe making fun of celebritites....

I love watching reality tv.
mainly because it has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. drop one of us into the mix and I bet there would be 100% less conflict.

#20 ·
I don't mean to cause a rucus or anything, but how could the physical description determine if you're an enfj? I understand about being slender, because psychologically in some way they wouldn't have the need or want to eat. I also understand about the mismatches in clothing. But as far as facial features, that shouldn't determine whether or not you're an enfj because your facial features are geneticly determined, not psychologically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.