Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm new to these forums. I'm an ENFJ who has been 100% OK and self confident until my company changed my boss. This new boss seems to be an ISTP (total guess) and is the antithesis of what I need in a supervisor. The past 6 or so years under his supervision have resulted in my needing to take a painful look at myself. I realized that my life experiences have created an external shell of confidence, that sometimes reads as overconfidence, but has no solidity; like a hollow chocolate Easter bunny. On the positive; I would never have taken a look at myself from this angle if his consistent bullying and bashing (no I'm not just being an overly sensitive ENFJ - he does this to our whole team, it's not just me) hadn't illuminated my hefty self-esteem being almost totally lacking in self compassion and therefore hollow.

Has anyone else felt like they didn't fully develop their Fe so their Ti started taking over? I call my Ti my bad brain, shutting her out isn't the answer. I need to figure out how to develop my Ti into my Fe so they work together intuitively. Any advice on where to start or how to go about this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Not sure why MBTI or the cognitive functions always pop up in questions such as these.

Yes, you may experience an Fe-Ti imbalance (as in, 'not the usual proportions'), but that would be merely your personal stress reaction (not the cause or anything).

I need to figure out how to develop my Ti into my Fe so they work together intuitively. Any advice on where to start or how to go about this?
So the answer to this is to first admit that you are sensitive to your environment (which you already have, since you mentioned the turning point in the beginning of your post), and then look at ways to diminish the way it negatively affects you -- or even rid yourself from it entirely.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Your experience is exactly the reason my employer brought in professionals to tutor all employees in MBTI. Dislike among employees was so intense it was turning to hatred in some cases. Productivity and professional progress was suffering.

It was there I learned I was an ISTP. I grasp the basics of MBTI, though not the details and nuances. Wish I could be of more help. There are lots of talented people here though, and you may get some helpful information.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm new to these forums. I'm an ENFJ who has been 100% OK and self confident until my company changed my boss. This new boss seems to be an ISTP (total guess) and is the antithesis of what I need in a supervisor. The past 6 or so years under his supervision have resulted in my needing to take a painful look at myself. I realized that my life experiences have created an external shell of confidence, that sometimes reads as overconfidence, but has no solidity; like a hollow chocolate Easter bunny. On the positive; I would never have taken a look at myself from this angle if his consistent bullying and bashing (no I'm not just being an overly sensitive ENFJ - he does this to our whole team, it's not just me) hadn't illuminated my hefty self-esteem being almost totally lacking in self compassion and therefore hollow.

Has anyone else felt like they didn't fully develop their Fe so their Ti started taking over? I call my Ti my bad brain, shutting her out isn't the answer. I need to figure out how to develop my Ti into my Fe so they work together intuitively. Any advice on where to start or how to go about this?

Thanks
Yellow :)

Ok, this sounds like you are under heavy stress and are going into a mode that is know as "the grip of the inferior" I found this article online. I think it makes some good points. It explains what it is and how it manifests in your type and also has some advice on how to re-engage your dominant Fe.

https://weirdfella.tumblr.com/post/110617755144/in-the-grip-our-hidden-personality-by-naomi-l

Let me know if it helps. Hope it does!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts