Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very curious about this:
I used to think I was an ENFP, but upon further research (and many tests, Ni Vs Ne analysis, etc, etc) I discovered I am more ENFJ than anything else. Here's the main difference I've noticed between me and some of my ENFP friends: They love competition games (to be part of them as well as liking to watch them);
They do not read much (but if they do, it's mostly inspirational stuff - which is totally fine, btw);
They make plans and cancel them at the very last minute (like to the point you're waiting for them at the airport and they don't come out of the plane they're supposed to- phoning you hours later to tell you they have changed their mind about coming to town).

This is how I differ from my friends: I like to read autobiographies and history stuff (historical fiction, too), and I love my friends and mainly everyone else (even my enemies, I think)...but I just cannot justify making plans and then breaking them so easily without concern for others- i would keep myself up at night feeling very guilty if I ever did that....

Any thoughts? Am I dead wrong about my friends being ENFP? Am I dead wrong about being ENFJ?
I know there are many threads like this, but I guess I am one more very curious ENFJ trying to solve an interesting puzzle :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thanks for the Step II link!
I think I would put myself between the scheduled in (scheduled-spontaneous ) and planful in (planful/ open-ended). That is not to say I am not open ended in a few decisions, but I defintiely like to have something scheduled or planed and follow through. Sometimes, there is some spontaneous choices, but I defintiely feel edgy if plans are turned upside down at the last minute.....

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
Ok, it seems as though you lean more in the J direction. ENFJ is probably a decent fit, based on what you've said about yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts