Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the big differences between these 2 types, the more i read about them the more curious im getting i see so many similarities it confuses me a little haha :) anyone wanna clear it up a little thatd be great thankies! <3

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
As Summery said, ENFJs and ENFPs don't share any functions. They're much closer function-wise to their INFJ siblings. Even if types share the first three letters, the last letter alone will change the function stack dramatically.

Some manifest/external qualities:

ENFPs are typically not very organized people. Honestly, along with ENTPs, they're probably the types that are the worst at taking care of themselves. ENFJs, on the other hand, are much better about this. Granted, Fe being their dominant function is going to make them more concerned about others than themselves, but their lives are generally going to be much more organized and functional than an ENFP's.

ENFJs are more about direction, where ENFPs are more spontaneous. An ENFJ's second function is Ni, where an ENFP's first function is Ne. This means that ENFPs are almost incessantly entertaining new ideas and considering different possibilites, while an ENFJ is usually going to be gathering information and adding them to the constructs that they already have. I.e: ENFPs can change their minds over and over about a concept or subject, but ENFJs will work more on building support for the ideas and convictions that they already have.

I hope that helps.

(sources: having an ENFJ brother and an ENFP boyfriend)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Summery said, ENFJs and ENFPs don't share any functions. They're much closer function-wise to their INFJ siblings. Even if types share the first three letters, the last letter alone will change the function stack dramatically.

Some manifest/external qualities:

ENFPs are typically not very organized people. Honestly, along with ENTPs, they're probably the types that are the worst at taking care of themselves. ENFJs, on the other hand, are much better about this. Granted, Fe being their dominant function is going to make them more concerned about others than themselves, but their lives are generally going to be much more organized and functional than an ENFP's.

ENFJs are more about direction, where ENFPs are more spontaneous. An ENFJ's second function is Ni, where an ENFP's first function is Ne. This means that ENFPs are almost incessantly entertaining new ideas and considering different possibilites, while an ENFJ is usually going to be gathering information and adding them to the constructs that they already have. I.e: ENFPs can change their minds over and over about a concept or subject, but ENFJs will work more on building support for the ideas and convictions that they already have.

I hope that helps.

(sources: having an ENFJ brother and an ENFP boyfriend)
Lovely response thanks for taking the time to write that out

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Tempted to link you to my ENFP friend's blog and my blog. The difference between the two of us would hit you with blunt force :)

She doesn't care if she offends you. She offended you? Wow, that's your problem. You need to be not so easily hurt.
Me, on the other hand, I go out of my way not to offend... anybody. I word things carefully, and if I do find I've upset someone, I try to apologize as soon and as sincerely as I possibly can.

She's also - and perhaps surprisingly - a lot more open with me. She isn't afraid to be silly or unreserved or talk about herself completely. I'm a lot more closed off in this way. I mean, I'm open... but I'm not that open.

Like me, she has goals, but she's okay with not stretching towards them... For example, she spends a lot of time RPing and just having fun online while for me I aim more to have blog people enjoy and learn things, share things with people.

Ack. I guess that's not very helpful. But the Fi and Fe should be pretty dern stark :)

Reactions: Teal

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tempted to link you to my ENFP friend's blog and my blog. The difference between the two of us would hit you with blunt force :)

She doesn't care if she offends you. She offended you? Wow, that's your problem. You need to be not so easily hurt.
Me, on the other hand, I go out of my way not to offend... anybody. I word things carefully, and if I do find I've upset someone, I try to apologize as soon and as sincerely as I possibly can.

She's also - and perhaps surprisingly - a lot more open with me. She isn't afraid to be silly or unreserved or talk about herself completely. I'm a lot more closed off in this way. I mean, I'm open... but I'm not that open.

Like me, she has goals, but she's okay with not stretching towards them... For example, she spends a lot of time RPing and just having fun online while for me I aim more to have blog people enjoy and learn things, share things with people.

Ack. I guess that's not very helpful. But the Fi and Fe should be pretty dern stark :)
nono its VERY helpful thanks lots! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts