Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me if you all agree. I am an INFJ; my twin is an ENFJ. Our first two functions are identical, simply in a different order. For myself, introverted intuition (Ni) is my dominant function while extroverted feeling (Fe) is secondary. My writing is a layered narrative wrapped in metaphor, and laced with deeper truth--the rhetorical is weaved in subtly. Narrative becomes the medium by which my voice, or my cause is projected to the public. This style of writing evidences the dominant Ni at work. But because my twin's Fe is his dominant function, his writing is rhetorical, speaking plainly, and directly with the audience with the motive to persuade, inspire, or challenge the public. Narrative to him takes on the form of a personal or social story which he tosses in among his rhetorical argument(s). Don't get me wrong; I write rhetorical pieces while he writes narratives, but writing style that utilizes our dominant function is primary, while the secondary stack most often functions in support role. I'm confident that i've pieced together the "why" of it. Do you readers agree? disagree? Are the patterns consistent with type and function. Please let me know, I'd love to hear from you! Rock to the purest all!

Reactions: Aquarian

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l find Ni dom writing style to be interesting,l see what you're saying with INFJ. INTJ style can be similar, but sometimes doesn't hold my interest.

The other possibility being, Ni dom writing can be disorganized and incredibly difficult to understand. Sometimes there's so much attention being put into the meaning of what is written that the actual structural foundation goes under, l can't really explain it.

l think l find ENTJ's to be the best communicators overall.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My writing style is pretty bland, but it is also very verbose. My writing can be very fractured, and I do like to think my writing contains pretty good word choice. I'm a better verbal communicator than writer. I use a lot of inflections and sarcasm when I speak that doesn't come through in my writing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
What you described would definitely be the *tendency* of each type, yeah, but one can write however/whatever they want, you can write in the perspective of someone else entirely. Writing is not bound by certain rules that the world is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts