Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that ENFJs are not too much into sports and competitive physical activity but that's not true at all. I'm in a swimming school and I'm pretty good at it! not the best, but I'm getting better!

What about you???

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
jajajaja! im a competitive person! i love sports! volleyball (beach and court), rugby, tennis are my favorites. and I hate losing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Until I injured my back in High School, I was looking forward to becoming a phys ed and health teacher. I was into everything. Soccer, soft ball, basketball, badminton, volleyball, dodge ball (yeah, i loved this one, i could throw the ball harder than most kids could catch it and normally wound up one of the last on the playing field) red rover, track, gymnastics, swimming, skating.

As its more fun to do the sport rather than watch, I only watch my neice and nephew play hockey a time or two a year. Besides those men in the black and white striped shirts have no idea what they are talking about. HOW did they get chosen to do this job, personaility, cause most of the time they have it wrong. And this gets me riled us so that I've sworn at their hockey games. Did you know you can get kicked out of the viewing area if you scream obscenities at them? :shocked:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you kidding me, I love all kinds of sports from football to basketball. I also enjoy sports that don't require a team like tennis and out-door rock climbing. I also plan on joining the water polo intramural team next term.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmmm... I'm not particularly athletic, so noncompetitive always appealed most to me because I hate messing up and feeling guilty for hurting the rest of the team :) But when I work hard enough to actually be fairly good at something (*irish dance =D *), I love doing it, competitively or not. Perfectionist tendency? Is that an ENFJ thing? Is that sort of why everyone else posting here hates losing, or is that just generic human nature?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love sports! In fact I think its a great way to be with friends and family. I hate sitting around and talking. I would rather be playing some kind of game or sport. I dont always win and I think I am a good looser. I dont like winners that rub it in or think that it is impossible for them to get beat them in the future. However, it just gives me more motivation to get better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In Jr. High and High School, I played basketball, ran track one year, and played one year of softball. I made the volleyball team, but dropped out as I saw how much time it would take from my schedule. I really enjoyed it though. I've tried lots of others too like tennis, and golf. They weren't my thing though. I'm good at horse-shoes. Lol!!

As an adult, I backed off playing sports, but our oldest got into soccer when she was very young. I knew nothing about it. Now? Heck, I had a blast watching the FIFA World Cup this year on television. She plays high school soccer now and it's SO fun to watch. And yea....we can get kicked out of an event for yelling obsenities. I didn't do it, but another parent was falsely accused of it, and then the ref said, "Get his ass out of here!" We all jumped up at that point.:angry: The men in the striped shirts grate on my nerves too!

I'm picky about the sports I do watch on television. I love the Olympics and I think it's b/c it's a time of when the world comes together. (Insert Kumbaya here) I could care less about NFL football and pro-basketball is not as much fun to watch as college. What amazes me, is people that gather around televisions to watch cars go round and round in circles. I have a friend who swears, "Just do it. I promise, if you'll ever go to a Nascar race, you'll be hooked." I'm thinking.....no. Lol!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
As an adult, I backed off playing sports, but our oldest got into soccer when she was very young. I knew nothing about it. Now? Heck, I had a blast watching the FIFA World Cup this year on television. She plays high school soccer now and it's SO fun to watch. And yea....we can get kicked out of an event for yelling obsenities. I didn't do it, but another parent was falsely accused of it, and then the ref said, "Get his ass out of here!" We all jumped up at that point.:angry: The men in the striped shirts grate on my nerves too!
I got roped into coaching U6 soccer and I never played on a team just at home in the backyard, I must admit I am having a blast with it. I did run track and played volleyball in high school. I would have played in college but I messed up my knee playing street hockey and lost that very nice scholarship I was given by a Big Ten school oops. I also have coached volleyball as well.

I do enjoy watching some sports on TV like football and soccer, but my all time favorite is hockey and I have loved it since I was a kid.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm competitive, but I need to be challenged in order to want it... Some sports I hated to play because they were soooooo boring (like Soccer)... But I love my hackey-sack & basketball.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got roped into coaching U6 soccer and I never played on a team just at home in the backyard
Me too, except I think it was older kids. Between 10-13!!! Oh gosh...never again!! Ha, ha, ha!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I got roped into coaching U6 soccer and I never played on a team just at home in the backyard, I must admit I am having a blast with it. I did run track and played volleyball in high school. I would have played in college but I messed up my knee playing street hockey and lost that very nice scholarship I was given by a Big Ten school oops. I also have coached volleyball as well.
I love street hockey, used to play almos each week in high school, I really miss it. I mean, I played a lot of sports in my life, but this, I really, really love.:happy:Just saying, I totally understand how you could not resist it.:happy:

I'm competitive, but I need to be challenged in order to want it... Some sports I hated to play because they were soooooo boring (like Soccer)... But I love my hackey-sack & basketball.
Why is soccer boring? I play almost every week now, we play 5v5 or 6v6 on a smaller field and it gets pretty tensed and with lots of goals (each 2h game finishes like 15-10 or something). Scored some great goals like this, including some in my own net.:crazy: (I mostly play as defender) The most beautiful one, I remember it perfectly, the attacker made a weak attempt to score, shooting the ball without too much force, I kicked it away and it went up and up and away, twords eh other team's net and the goallie, was a bit blinded by the sun, tried to sop it, but it went over him and right beneath the top pole. It was such a fluke and I was about 30-40 meters away, but I'll never forget it as we were all standing there and couldn't believe it how it went and that the goalie didn't get it. It was great!:laughing:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why is soccer boring? I play almost every week now, we play 5v5 or 6v6 on a smaller field and it gets pretty tensed and with lots of goals (each 2h game finishes like 15-10 or something). Scored some great goals like this, including some in my own net.:crazy: (I mostly play as defender) The most beautiful one, I remember it perfectly, the attacker made a weak attempt to score, shooting the ball without too much force, I kicked it away and it went up and up and away, twords eh other team's net and the goallie, was a bit blinded by the sun, tried to sop it, but it went over him and right beneath the top pole. It was such a fluke and I was about 30-40 meters away, but I'll never forget it as we were all standing there and couldn't believe it how it went and that the goalie didn't get it. It was great!:laughing:
I dunno, maybe I just didn't do well... All I can really remember was 1. feeing really meh about playing in general, and 2. loving to be the sweeper because I could go on the field wherever the heck I wanted to practically.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love soccer!! I watched practically every game of the World Cup this year XD

I'm very non-athletic though, so I prefer the non-competitive atmosphere when I play. I just like to play with friends, and not so seriously.

I love watching sports as well. Especially college football, NBA, NFL, soccer, etc..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts