Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for all you ENFJs out there (and other personality types) who are charismatic (or considers themselves to be charismatic), how is being charismatic unique and how has it helped you with other personality types and people?

Common ENFJs, I know when you guys write, you guys write it in a way where you are talking to an audience (at least I do) HAHAHA...:laughing:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yes... Sometimes I think though I wish I had a filter because when I get real fired up I don't know when to hold back because I can get over the top.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been told that I radiate positive energy, I "kind of glow," and I'm a very good public speaker (in reality it scares me to death). I have no idea why. I don't see it in myself. I really can't think of the last time someone said no to me. People just do what I want. It's bizarre.

I also just read this article about how to persuade people. I naturally engage in many of these behaviors (especially the giving first, using positive affirmations, and timing). It's like an ENFJ article!!!
Mastering the Art of Persuasion - Manage Your Life on Shine

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know why people say I glow and such either... but sometimes when I get in a moment I get excited about something and I just go and explode into mountains of information and such... its cool but it almost feels like I am not the one doing it! Ha!

I don't have much self esteem... maybe that is why I don't see it in myself, but I think I could be good and charismatic if I were more self confident.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I think part of this charisma is that you guys seem to have no problems expressing your warm feelings towards others, and indeed often do so with exceptional skill. Many people hide their feelings. Some people just don't possess that depth of emotion. But ENFJs have that special ability to really make others feel loved and appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, I've been told that I have this amazing way to grab a crowd and focus them. :p

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I've noticed I have this ability to instinctively pick up on signals people are giving off... subtle signals, and not many needed... and I will reflexively alter my presentation to better suit them.

If I was doing it on purpose, I'd think I was a master manipulator, but the simple fact of the matter is, I'm not even aware I'm doing it until after I've done it. Most of the time I don't even think about it. It's only those rare cases where I am so far out of character for myself that I actually notice.

This might be one of the reasons we ENFJs have so much charisma. Fe wants to merge with others. Ni makes it possible to do so on incredibly subtle levels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I generally have a lot of energy and pep for everyone around me. I think that's why I'm such an approachable person and why I have such an easy time making new friends and acquaintances. Thinking back, though, I'm not sure I can give all my charismatic credit to my personality type, but rather some to the fact that I was in martial arts as a kid.

Before being in TKD, I was extremely introverted, shy and quiet. But the years I spent in that TKD class really brought me out of my shell. I wonder how I would have turned out, or what personality type I'd be now if I hadn't experienced martial arts.

What's interesting to me, though, is that even though I'm outwardly very bubbly, approachable and outgoing, inside, my confidence is dwindling (mostly in part by my feeling of sub-par appearance). I fascinate myself sometimes haha.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
It's served me in many ways.

- got hired for positions I wasn't totally qualified for
- got out of getting in trouble with the cops
- made me able to stroll into work/class everyday and still have the boss/professor like me
- made me the top salesperson when I was in sales. I heart commission.
- got professors to literally change my grade when I didn't actually earn it
- etc etc

Charisma is a huge tool in my life to achieving my goals. Though I'm FAR better in-person than I am through writing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
--got the most difficult and introverted patients to open up to me and only me in a health care setting (or so I was told)....
--broke the record of bringing the largest number of people into a certain setting, more than two people combined.
--delivered persuasive speeches

Reactions: Nobleheart
1 - 12 of 12 Posts