Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say an ENFJ is working together with an ENTJ on a project, what recommendations would you give the ENTJ to create a better working environment?

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Emotional sensitivity and a concrete plan are two good ways to start things off.

Letting the ENFJ handle any people-related issues, except you should do all firings if those are necessary.

That's what I can think of for now.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you allow me to speculate...

Value the ENFJ's ability to mobilize people in a personal level. Don't mistreat your colleagues unnecessarily - preserve harmony in the workplace; ask council to the ENFJ if you can. For the ENTJ, the correct and effective execution of the plan will be primary. For the ENFJ having everyone involved and motivated will come first. Therefore, understand that even if the project is steadily progressing, if the group is not on the same page, they won't be satisfied. Basically, while the ENTJ will be focused on the project result, the ENFJ will be focused on the group result.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think an ENTJ and and ENFJ is a great pairing. I LOVE working with ENTJ's.

Basically, you figure out all the details of the project (i.e. when deadlines are, what the end goals are, and other organizational tasks) and let the ENFJ run the people and 'inspire' others to do a good job. It works wonderfully.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think an ENTJ and and ENFJ is a great pairing. I LOVE working with ENTJ's.

Basically, you figure out all the details of the project (i.e. when deadlines are, what the end goals are, and other organizational tasks) and let the ENFJ run the people and 'inspire' others to do a good job. It works wonderfully.
Sounds like manager vs leader to me...
manager: make concrete plans, goals, schedules....
leaser: inspires, communicates vision, motivates, manages expectations...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
the 3 ENTJs in my life are all workaholics, they know what needs to be done, and they expect everyone in the office to do their part, which i agree with,

so as long as the ENFJ is working hard, you should not have any problem,

if it is an ENFJ that your dealing with, then they will be the one to ensure that harmony is maintained in the work environment, you have nothing to worry about. :)

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
the 3 ENTJs in my life are all workaholics, they know what needs to be done, and they expect everyone in the office to do their part, which i agree with,

so as long as the ENFJ is working hard, you should not have any problem,

if it is an ENFJ that your dealing with, then they will be the one to ensure that harmony is maintained in the work environment, you have nothing to worry about. :)

And this goes back to my prior post...if the ENTJ starts making the ENFJ feel unappreciated for the service of harmony and they do their best to slave their workers and not care about personal situations...well...yeah, just makes a lot more problems for everyone.

ENFJ = Hard Working, yet sensitive to problems, probably more fit for boss role/councilor
ENTJ = CEO, best left to doing hard work organizing and planning, letting the others do the actual work with minimal guidance to ensure no feelings get hurt due to strenuous work schedule and being snapped at.

Maintain harmony with your ENFJ's, and all will be well. If not :angry::angry: may result.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
And this goes back to my prior post...if the ENTJ starts making the ENFJ feel unappreciated for the service of harmony and they do their best to slave their workers and not care about personal situations...well...yeah, just makes a lot more problems for everyone.

ENFJ = Hard Working, yet sensitive to problems, probably more fit for boss role/councilor
ENTJ = CEO, best left to doing hard work organizing and planning, letting the others do the actual work with minimal guidance to ensure no feelings get hurt due to strenuous work schedule and being snapped at.

Maintain harmony with your ENFJ's, and all will be well. If not :angry::angry: may result.
lol thats where im at now! except my boss is an ENFJ that has gone sour.. talk about passive aggressive and manipulation! i have never gone through so many employees in my life, i hired like 10 with in the past 3 months, the only ones able to stick around have been the ENFJs, so now after sifting through so many people. we have 5 ENFJs and 1 ESFP and 1 ISTP. we all hate our jobs because the boss makes it so miserable. thats why im quitting, there is no harmony here, and i cant maintain on my own, not to mention the other ENFJs are in their emotional shut off mode, and not wanting to deal with the fact that im leaving and the company will crumble to the ground. :(

·
Registered
675 Posts
This is an interesting thread!

ENFJs and ENTJs have similar leadership styles-- both match means to the larger goals of an organization, and both think in terms of personnel-- people need to be motivated, to feel valuable and important, to understand why what they're doing is relevant to everyone else.

The difference, I think, enters when decisions need to be made. Metrics are very important to me-- we all are just guessing unless we have quantified data to work with. This allows us to identify sales trends, to understand how workers are developing in comparison to each other, to decide if the benefits of various positions outweigh their respective costs, and so forth. Because of this, while ENTJs and ENFJs make good leaders, an ENTJ has a definite advantage in problematic situations where tough, intelligent decisions are needed to turn the battleship around. ENFJs can make such decisions, but they really feel guilty about it and sometimes delay where decisiveness is needed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
agreed. in my work situation, co-workers will come to me with a gripe or whatever because i'm more in tune with their emotional needs and feelings. so i'll act as the mediator and go to the ENTJ on their behalf. she (the ENTJ) will say what needs to be said, but not exactly what that person wants to hear. i am able to go back to that person and communicate what needs to be said in a way that makes that person more motivated and satisfies their F needs. ENTJ/ENFJ combo kicks ass.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
agreed. in my work situation, co-workers will come to me with a gripe or whatever because i'm more in tune with their emotional needs and feelings. so i'll act as the mediator and go to the ENTJ on their behalf. she (the ENTJ) will say what needs to be said, but not exactly what that person wants to hear. i am able to go back to that person and communicate what needs to be said in a way that makes that person more motivated and satisfies their F needs. ENTJ/ENFJ combo kicks ass.
so true!!! best combo for Leadership I think!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
In case that this is the first time for the both of you to work with each other's type (you with ENFJ and he /she with ENTJ) then some conflicts will probably occur. More especially if both parts are still young.

One thing that an ENFJ will mostly accuse ENTJs for is their lack of sensitivity.

What I can think of at this moment is... In case that the two of you do not see eye to eye in the future.... Please never confront the ENFJ in public.. no benefit will ever come out of it. In front of others, both ENFJ and ENTJ will fight for their places in the group by attacking each other's weakness... You may insist that the ENFJ is being nonsensical while the ENFJ will insist that you are being too insensitive.
If that should happen, then you as the manager will suffer the most... Because the group will shift their efforts and focuses from their tasks to these unnecessary conflicts.

What I would like to propose is, try to invite this particular ENFJ for a face to face conversation. One thing about ENFJs is: we surprise. No matter how tough minded that we may appear to be sometimes, but once we are convinced that the other means good and is truly sincere.... We are willing to compromise on 'how to reach the end' and even volunteer to find a way to satisfy both parties.

Hope that helps a bit....
:laughing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts