Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have to ask since in another forum I was accused of being obsessed with housework and having everything perfect, which is crazy talk. Is there any ENFJ's out here that ARE like this. I personally am not. My house is not like a pin nor is it like a pigsty, its lived in. I have laundry in the mud room that needs to be washed, dishes in the drainer to be put away, and a stack of mail on the desk that needs to be sorted. Do I want things like the floors swept everyday, yes and the reason is the dog is shedding like crazy and her hair is all over the floor which can make mine and my sons allergys go crazy. So is there anyone who must have everything in its place and whos house should be on the cover of a magazine like I was told ALL ENFJ's are like?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I am always on the go so.. it is cluttered. Not food or disgusting just papers and tossed clothes. However, I am OCD on groceries.M y cart must be organized and when I am checking I put them in the order they should be bagged as a tool for faster bagging, I bet you that we aren'y the cleanest types my opinion. Though I can't stand dishes in the sink either

·
Registered
89 Posts
i think the fact that i am not exceptionally tidy is one of the few reasons why i thought for quite a while that i can't be a j type, one relying on the rational function, since, well, it says everywhere that this means you like things organised and tidy, and my parents, when i still lived with them, always made fun of me at how i live in a snake's den or pigsty or used any other horrid metaphor that they found appropriate, so i guessed that i must really suck at being neat and tidy and everything. but now that i look at myself and my place closer, i think i can get a better picture and i have come to the conclusion that (i don't know if it's an enfj thing, maybe it' s just me, but from what i see here, i guess it might as well be a common trait) what matters to me, is tidy and organised. i mean, looking at my place you'd see a million things out of the place, like clothes on the back of the chair and books on the floor and plates around the place etc., but i actually KNOW where the things i might need are, it's like a completely different order than you'd imagine, but there usually is one, it's just not that obvious to anyone but me. and, also, i only bother cleaning up things that, well, have to be ordered inevitably. if it doesn't matter, it can just..be there. i like my things to "take their own place", so to say, and then i just adjust to that. so yeah, basically, i think that there isn't really that much of a discrepancy between "being tidy" and being "a messy enfj", because our "mess" is actually a different order.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wouldn't say that I'm OCD about tidiness but I can be very particular when it comes to having things clean and I can't stand it when things become cluttered. Every other weekend I'll clean and scrub the kitchen and bathroom while my hubby, (also an ENFJ), will help with dusting, vacuuming, etc. During the week we'll do little things to keep things in order whereas at least twice a year we'll have a "field day" to scrub, mop, dust, polish, shine, etc., our entire apartment from top to bottom. Both of us were in the military so that could be a thing for us but overall, yeah, I'd have to say we're both particular about cleanliness but not in a sterile laboratory sort of way. We also have a lot of art so I guess you can say we enjoy aethetically pleasing items, objects, paintings, etc. I confess, I've always enjoyed the "museum" look and one day I hope to rival that of the Metropolitan, haha!

Interestingly enough, one of the managers at my job has an office that looks like her entire file cabinet exploded all of it's papers in a violent eruption and it makes me nuts just looking at it! Seriously, I've never seen anything look so messy, it's a total wreck and I can't fathom how she's able to find anything amidst the rubble of what once appeared to be a desk. One day, I'm expecting to see a huge paper monster to come shuffling out of her office to take me hostage, nooo!! Sorry, I can't handle that shit, nope, ain't hearin' it! :confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am always on the go so.. it is cluttered. Not food or disgusting just papers and tossed clothes. However, I am OCD on groceries.M y cart must be organized and when I am checking I put them in the order they should be bagged as a tool for faster bagging, I bet you that we aren'y the cleanest types my opinion. Though I can't stand dishes in the sink either
Ha, that sounds like my hubby with the way he goes shopping for groceries, too! He has his path in Walmart mapped out in his brain and will target each area for the items that we need so as to make the shopping experience more efficient. It's amazing, he has it down to a science whereas I get distracted by any shiny new thing on the shelves! Which is why I don't shop for groceries anymore, I'll have $70 worth of stuff that I like while forgetting what we need, oops!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha, that sounds like my hubby with the way he goes shopping for groceries, too! He has his path in Walmart mapped out in his brain and will target each area for the items that we need so as to make the shopping experience more efficient. It's amazing, he has it down to a science whereas I get distracted by any shiny new thing on the shelves! Which is why I don't shop for groceries anymore, I'll have $70 worth of stuff that I like while forgetting what we need, oops!
That sounds like me my hubby he gets all the groceries. I just can't stand to be in the store forever I always feel I have to much to do and to much to see.
As for the messes we have what is called an organized mess we know where to find things ever few weeks we do go on the major cleaning bit but the rest of the week we just do what has to get done to get by.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know i'm huge on organization.. like.. when the house is a mess.. i never really know waht to do with other peoples stuff.. but i try to just make it look nice.. i make it look neat.. and while i'm cleaning.. i have to make sure every speck is picked up or i don't feel completed XD hahaha also.. for planning stuff.. i like everything.. organized.. i like the W's.. and everything looks nice ect ect..

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have an ENFJ mother who is/was very anally retentive about housework. It was always *cant rest until there is absolutely nothing left to do*

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am the master of procrastination. My rooms are usually full of clothes and misc. projects Ive been working on. There is a system in it, clean clothes on the sofa, dirty stuff on the ground etc. About once every month I clean up the whole mess. later the same day its all rubbish again.

There are some thing, like i never let food stand around, dishes cant be left standing around, the computer screen, the bed and piano has to be clean and neat at all times.:wink:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't clean UNLESS it is really messy.
I have this feeling that what you would deem really messy and what a ENFP would, are light years away.:happy:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have this feeling that what you would deem really messy and what a ENFP would, are light years away.:happy:
Oh, I dunno. As an ENFP raised by J's, I have a good idea of what constitutes messy and what doesn't. In most cases I'll stick to my parents' standard so as to avoid conflict with any potential person who will experience the space. After all, you never know when you'll have guests. But I know for a fact that I will never have guests in my bedroom, so that remains messy.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Pulling ENFJ's away from their housework is a real pain in the ass for me.

I don't see the point in doing something in such a dedicated manner that will only pop up again the next day. live your lives people!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Pulling ENFJ's away from their housework is a real pain in the ass for me.

I don't see the point in doing something in such a dedicated manner that will only pop up again the next day. live your lives people!
How so? In what manner? People distract us easily.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As an ENFJ...YES I MUST HAVE EVERYTHING ORGANIZED.....despite if I'm on the go or not....so yes I can empathize...plus its our "J" side to be organized....depends on how strong of a J you are....I'm actually almost midway so yeah...ORGANIZED!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts