Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone~

I'm an ENFJ, and I know one INFP that I'm aware of, and we get along so well. We understand each other completely, and we could talk for hours and not get tired of each other. Which is something, because he's quite introverted and gets pretty drained around most people, but he says that doesn't happen with me.

So, ENFJs, what are your experiences with INFPs?

I think it works very well because we see the world the same and are both idealists, NFs, but we are different enough to still be interested with each other. :blushed: INFPs are cool!

Also, on the personalitypage.com website, it says INFPs are an ENFJs natural partner, and I can see why. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
INFPs are my kryptonite :ninja:

The attraction is magnetic and we have a whole lot in common...yet they can also seem to function in ways that are completely alien to me. I feel a much greater similarity with INFJs, but the attraction cannot compare with the insane chemistry I experience with NFPs!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
INFPs are my kryptonite :ninja:

The attraction is magnetic and we have a whole lot in common...yet they can also seem to function in ways that are completely alien to me. I feel a much greater similarity with INFJs, but the attraction cannot compare with the insane chemistry I experience with NFPs!
Oh yes, i completely agree!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INFP here, sorry to creep up in the thread, but you guys are awesome. We totally complement each other's personalities. There's no wonder why we're natural partners or soul mates.

INFPs are very welcome here! and yes, it's true!

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
INFPs are very welcome here!
Awww, you guys...:blushed:

Anyway while I was learning the basics of cognitive functions and dichotomies last month or so I ended up (for whatever reason) using ENFJs to compare against (I guess 'cos you guys are awesome) and I learnt some stuff.
I don't have experience of it (except with I think an ENFJ friend of sorts) but apparently, from what I've read, ENFJs and INFPs get along like a house on fire. However, both need to be emotionally mature; the exactly mirrored functions - i.e. Fe vs Fi, Ni vs Ne - can lead to the possibility of each person thinking they connect with the other better than they do and miscommunicating badly from the initial chemistry. Provided both are aware that they may come to similar conclusions but have entirely different thinking paths...well, I'd like to get me an ENFJ very much one day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww, you guys...:blushed:

Anyway while I was learning the basics of cognitive functions and dichotomies last month or so I ended up (for whatever reason) using ENFJs to compare against (I guess 'cos you guys are awesome) and I learnt some stuff.
I don't have experience of it (except with I think an ENFJ friend of sorts) but apparently, from what I've read, ENFJs and INFPs get along like a house on fire. However, both need to be emotionally mature; the exactly mirrored functions - i.e. Fe vs Fi, Ni vs Ne - can lead to the possibility of each person thinking they connect with the other better than they do and miscommunicating badly from the initial chemistry. Provided both are aware that they may come to similar conclusions but have entirely different thinking paths...well, I'd like to get me an ENFJ very much one day.
Oh I know! Reading about INFPs and ENFJs, I said the same thing. I need to get me an INFP. Then I had this friend take the test again (he had first scored at INTJ, because his answers were influenced by an INTJ friend who was taking it with him) and he got INFP. I was like, boy that sounds familiar. Then I realized what that was lol. A couple weeks later, we ended up dating, and we along very well.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Why hello there :cool:

Strange that you guys feel the same way. I've always found myself almost magnetized to ENFJ's. Thing is sometimes you guys move so fast its hard to keep up. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
What I've found is that my bf and I are similar on a superficial level--that is, we are both NFs, deeply feeling, sensitive, and contemplative, and taking the weight of the world on our shoulders. That's how it felt to us at first. The main difference seemed to only be that he was the introvert and I was the extrovert. But now that we are getting to understand ourselves and one another more and more, each growing as individuals, we have discovered that we are vastly different.

Lately I'm finding myself hoping that the spark will last.

·
Registered
874 Posts
But now that we are getting to understand ourselves and one another more and more, each growing as individuals, we have discovered that we are vastly different.

Lately I'm finding myself hoping that the spark will last.
I think I agree with your viewpoint but could you expand on this a bit more?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think I agree with your viewpoint but could you expand on this a bit more?
I will get back to you soon. I don't have access to a computer right now so I've been phone-foruming. Plus it's hard for me to articulate this stuff. :happy:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think ENFJ's and INFP's tend to think they understand each other better than they really do. They have to be careful to not assume too much about the motivations behind each other's actions. They may do the same things for entirely different (yet both valid and perfectly good) reasons, or something which is a big deal to an INFP may not be a big deal to an ENFJ and vice versa. These two types are so similar it's easy to forget that they're actually different in some ways. If these types can remember these things, I think it works very well between ENFJ's and INFP's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you ENFJs have the ability to give the caring and understanding that we INFPs need. :happy:
I agree with this. The ENFJs I have met are affirming which INFPs appreciate.

My ex is an ENFJ. Back then I had no knowledge of MBTI. Now I know why I was so attracted to him. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us as he moved overseas. I still think of him sometimes

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I just spent nearly 20 hours with my INFP friend. At the end of it, he said "It's very rare for me to spend this much time with people."

I had a pretty great time hanging out with him. I did notice, though, when I started talking about deep, emotional subjects concerning myself he would get this stricken look on his face that made it very clear that he was extremely sad and I just wanted to make him happy again!

I really enjoy talking to the INFP about his problems and can do so without becoming extremely affected (unless they are directly concerning me). I feel extremely deep love, appreciation and compassion for him. I just get worried sometimes, when I reveal things about myself (which I rarely do) he seems to become deeply involved emotionally. I worry that it's hurting him to hear about it. But I love that he has such a sweet heart.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I dated an enfp, strongest love ive ever had for someone, then she cheated on me, i think she was just a very unhealthy infj because once we were out our love phases she contradicts everything your first post says lol

1 - 20 of 107 Posts