Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if a thread like this has been made yet since it can kind of be a taboo topic

Personally I have an intense amount of shame and guilt and complete lack of self-worth and self esteem in which I blame myself for everything even if I had nothing to do with it (e.x. Friend came to work having a bad day And I blame myself even though I hadn't seen or spoken to them up until that point). And I feel stupid explaining my feelings to anyone because they're so illogical and I feel like they don't make sense to anyone but me (Fe?) but I would to anyone who would care. As a result I have ended up self-harming (since I was 5 years old) but it has gotten critically worse lately.

Has anyone else felt this relentless powerful shame that is nearly entirely controlling, or is that just a me thing?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
This is not type by itself, but probably lack of health. If you want references, this is slightly more related to things like enneagram, I think. You could try reading this:

http://personalitycafe.com/type-4-forum-individualist/88419-envy-depressive-masochistic-character-fours-naranjo.html

And also look up "levels of health" for the various enneagram type. Levels 7, 8, 9 would be where the type's fixations lead to complete and utter destructive behavior. I'm not typing you a 4 or any type, merely suggesting there's about a million reasons you could feel as you do aside from Fe-related things. Important thing is to make peace with them.

There is no inherent reason someone would find your feelings any more "llogical" than any other. Feelings are feelings -- there is a separate category for feeling reasoning in MBTI because we can rationalize feeling judgments. They absolutely can be communicated. Just go slow and steady with a nonjudgmental person.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I do get a sense of guilt that is terrible sometimes, but not to the point of really harming myself, that's just a little too far and very unhealthy... The guilt that i get is more, like if i say something with out thinking, and embarrass or hurt someone else, i get this terrible feeling in my stomach and I almost cry. If i do something really wrong, like neglecting someone for if I'm mean in some way, I get so mad at myself and I cry and I want to hit things. I guess I do remember one time hitting myself in the leg repeatedly out of frustration with myself. That was just once though, and I felt sooo much guilt at that point... I think you should find someone to talk to this about. Feelings aren't stupid, feelings aren't illogical. They are feelings and it's all okay. If you need to talk you can message me to vent or whatever, that's fine by me. I know for me just saying it out loud and talking about it makes me feel better, almost always.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts