Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the personality test several times and always come up as either an ISFP or an INFP. As a result, I'm unsure which I am - maybe I'm somewhere in the middle? Sorry if that makes things awkward. /:

Anyway, I recently entered a relationship with an ENFJ and would just like some general advice.

Firstly, I don't know much about how this personality thing works, but is there anyway to see if our two personality types are complimenting/conflicting? Or anything even further in detail.

I'd just really like to know, considering both our personality types, what he might find attractive or distasteful about me, and how I can work on our relationship to make it last and just be even better generally.

We are really close and intimate emotionally. I really like him, and I think he really likes me. If this all goes to plan, I can see this relationship turning into something very special.

Thank you for your help! ^^

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree. I seem to attract a lot of INFP and ISFPs and really get along well with them. I do sometimes find it frustrating that they tend not to be proactive and I can get resentful that they don't initiate much. I would like them to call me first every now and again - I once went a year without talking to one of my INFP friends before they sent me a one line email asking me if I was OK....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I agree. ENFJ's natural match is ISFP or INFP. I don't know any INFP around me, but know a few ISFPs. The communication between us are so easy, I mean emotionally. They can really cheer me up!

I'd just really like to know, considering both our personality types, what he might find attractive or distasteful about me, and how I can work on our relationship to make it last and just be even better generally.
I think ISFP's creative, funny ways to say/do things, express their feelings or more importantly address ENFJ's feelings are very attractive to ENFJs. ENFJs are usually so busy to tend other's feelings and to make everyone happy that once in a while, whey they are low, not many people around them can really help them out, except for ISFP/INFPs in my opinion. Other important people in individual ENFJs life probably can do this, but ISFP/INFPs, I think they can cheer up ENFJs almost effortlessly. Since you have the feeling talent, you probably will/have already figure out how to support your ENFJ in different aspects of his life, without him telling you what to do exactly. I don't think ENFJs can be emotionally intimate with others easily, if you can be one, you are very very special to him.

A few things I can think of: one is the sensing/intuition difference, it is difficult to be on the same page with my ISFP friends when I talk about abstract theories or ideas, then they would say something totally creative, but way off the track that I don't know how to follow up. It is fun, but I can't imagining working with them in certain context, I may be driven crazy, lol. But maybe you are S/N boarder, so it won't be obvious.
ENFJs do have core values (usually about people, life, world, big concepts) and we can't help but judge from time to time, especially on people close to us. If yours are the same as his, then everything would be perfect, he will feel even closer to you; if in some area it is different, I think communication is the key, and don't confront him directly (I don't think ISFP/INFPs will ever do this though) and over time, ENFJs or you may adjust because it is not difficult for us to be in others' shoes.

Happy for you and good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Wonderful answers! I'll bare all this in mind and keep the post updated in terms of how it's going.. xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts