Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out I tested as a 3w2 yesterday, and with it, my interest in MBTI has also resurfaced, and after finding the wonderful threads here- I had to reply, so I had to join, and there was a notification that said to introduce myself- and you can intuit the rest. :)

When I did read some of the threads about both labels, I was delighted to finally feel like I've found my tribe. While I'm always fascinated and interested in many different ideas; I've never felt particularly drawn to commit to any specific one, especially since I tend to group ideas by similarities, and general principles all gel together, it's just linguistics and syntax that change. My contribution to any lively debate is usually a reference to the "Why not both?" meme.

I'm in my early mid-thirties, and have known my MBTI since I was nineteen or twenty- but learning my Enneagram has been a paradigm shift for me entirely. Full disclosure- I am bi, poly, and childfree, but don't seek to *look* unique the way a 4 might-- I like being undercover when I perform. (Except now. Now I can just be.)

Naturally, of course, as an ENFP I'm trying to integrate several different interests all at once. As a 3w2 (wow, what I am is a *thing*, a label I can finally fully identify with! Shorthand at last!) I'm a budding entrepreneur. I illustrate, write, and sing. I work in retail as my B job- which I find very fulfilling socially. I'm considering getting certified in NLP training, and have dabbled in Ericksonian Hypnosis, though I'm not looking to use either as my career, I simply find them extremely useful support tools in communication.

I find I cycle through interests, not quite at the three month intervals, and want to absorb every bit of data I can get my grubby mitts on. I'm always surprised when it turns out that the thing I thought I had lost interest in was actually instrumental as a bridge between past and current projects. It's amazing how the mind works.

I am in touch with my dark side, but she usually is content merely to laugh from her throne and think about what she *could* do, instead of actually doing anything. Simulation through fantasy has been a great way to de-stress without distress-ing anyone else. I promise to only use my powers for "good"- which I consider what my specific audience values. For myself, success is defined not in dollars, or trophies, but in seeing evidence (tonality, microexpressions, body language) of the accuracy of my reads of other people.

Though, money would pay for singing lessons, travel, beautiful clothes, lovers, etc... and would *really* enable my 2 tendencies.

Before I tangeant again- Thanks for reading!:happy:

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings angelcarnivore and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum angelcarnivore. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Banned
139 Posts
I just found out I tested as a 3w2 yesterday, and with it, my interest in MBTI has also resurfaced, and after finding the wonderful threads here- I had to reply, so I had to join, and there was a notification that said to introduce myself- and you can intuit the rest. :)

When I did read some of the threads about both labels, I was delighted to finally feel like I've found my tribe. While I'm always fascinated and interested in many different ideas; I've never felt particularly drawn to commit to any specific one, especially since I tend to group ideas by similarities, and general principles all gel together, it's just linguistics and syntax that change. My contribution to any lively debate is usually a reference to the "Why not both?" meme.

I'm in my early mid-thirties, and have known my MBTI since I was nineteen or twenty- but learning my Enneagram has been a paradigm shift for me entirely. Full disclosure- I am bi, poly, and childfree, but don't seek to *look* unique the way a 4 might-- I like being undercover when I perform. (Except now. Now I can just be.)

Naturally, of course, as an ENFP I'm trying to integrate several different interests all at once. As a 3w2 (wow, what I am is a *thing*, a label I can finally fully identify with! Shorthand at last!) I'm a budding entrepreneur. I illustrate, write, and sing. I work in retail as my B job- which I find very fulfilling socially. I'm considering getting certified in NLP training, and have dabbled in Ericksonian Hypnosis, though I'm not looking to use either as my career, I simply find them extremely useful support tools in communication.

I find I cycle through interests, not quite at the three month intervals, and want to absorb every bit of data I can get my grubby mitts on. I'm always surprised when it turns out that the thing I thought I had lost interest in was actually instrumental as a bridge between past and current projects. It's amazing how the mind works.

I am in touch with my dark side, but she usually is content merely to laugh from her throne and think about what she *could* do, instead of actually doing anything. Simulation through fantasy has been a great way to de-stress without distress-ing anyone else. I promise to only use my powers for "good"- which I consider what my specific audience values. For myself, success is defined not in dollars, or trophies, but in seeing evidence (tonality, microexpressions, body language) of the accuracy of my reads of other people.

Though, money would pay for singing lessons, travel, beautiful clothes, lovers, etc... and would *really* enable my 2 tendencies.

Before I tangeant again- Thanks for reading!:happy:
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully your experience here has been good so far. Seeing you're in touch with your dark side, make sure it doesn't unleash itself on other members to your regret hahaha

I'm an Enneagram 5w4 (Head Dominant with Heart Support), if you're curious.

Enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully your experience here has been good so far. Seeing you're in touch with your dark side, make sure it doesn't unleash itself on other members to your regret hahaha

LOL! Naw. The desire to interact with others in *their* world is too strong. I love people. No forum Fight Club for me. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts