Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a dude the other day that claimed to be an ENFP 5? Is that even possible?

·
Badly Named
6,320 Posts
I know if I were to develop Ne to where it's considered normal for INTP, I'd look more like an ENFP with really developed Ti. I dunno though, most 5s I've seen are introverted.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know if I were to develop Ne to where it's considered normal for INTP, I'd look more like an ENFP with really developed Ti. I dunno though, most 5s I've seen are introverted.
Exactly, and 5's are almost unanimously thinking types. The only non-thinking type that I have ever seen test as a 5 is an INFJ.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*raises hand* that be me, yo. INFJ-Type 5(w4)
Yep, I was just gonna say that. If you encounter an INFJ 5, they will almost always have a 4 wing.

Reactions: truth number 2

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I've noticed a number of 5 INFJ's but none of us seem very interested or active in the INFJ forum. I agree, I'd be surprised to see a 5w6 INFJ.
I think you, @sleepyhead, are holding down the fort for us Type 5-INFJs. Thank you for doing so. I try to swing by on a weekly basis though. I do enjoy learning about our Type 5ness.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I think you, @sleepyhead, are holding down the fort for us Type 5-INFJs. Thank you for doing so. I try to swing by on a weekly basis though. I do enjoy learning about our Type 5ness.
I've been visiting a bit less lately. I don't know why but I just can't get into it the same way as the Enneagram. I know they obviously describe two very different types of things but I just find the enneagram so much more fascinating.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've noticed a number of 5 INFJ's but none of us seem very interested or active in the INFJ forum. I agree, I'd be surprised to see a 5w6 INFJ.
Now I can think of one INFJ though that is a 6 w 5 on this forum though. I think that @screamofconscious is an INFJ 6 w 5.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs is ENFP 5w4 (Sp/Sx I think)
I don't know. I've never really read that comic book before. He would be a truly remarkable specimen if he was though.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I met a dude the other day that claimed to be an ENFP 5? Is that even possible?
Definitely possible. Probably not common, though. And, there is always a possibility of being an integrated type 7.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely possible. Probably not common, though. And, there is always a possibility of being an integrated type 7.
Yeah, I guess they could always be an integrated type 7.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Yeah, I guess they could always be an integrated type 7.
Or they could just be a 5. You need to understand that while they have strong correlation, Enneagram and MBTI are not directly related. They are defining two different aspects of a person's personality, and as such, won't always follow the general patterns. An enneatype may be more likely to be one MBTI type over another, but it isn't rigidly set... so while it might be hard for you to fathom such a combination, it isn't impossible.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Or they could just be a 5. You need to understand that while they have strong correlation, Enneagram and MBTI are not directly related. They are defining two different aspects of a person's personality, and as such, won't always follow the general patterns. An enneatype may be more likely to be one MBTI type over another, but it isn't rigidly set... so while it might be hard for you to fathom such a combination, it isn't impossible.
No, not that hard to fathom, just highly unlikely. It's like finding an ISTJ enneagram 7.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 77 Posts