Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Are there any others on this forum? I've seen a 5w4 thus far, but no 5w6.
Look through your tri-type and most focus really on the 5w6 and 6w5 divide since it can be quite elusive. 5w6 "anxiety" cause by the wing6 flavour quest for knowledge "competency" as stated in most descriptions whilst 6w5 sources external security, they are quite neurotic, understanding "competency" is not the sufficient. I'm guessing being a 5w6 you might possibly be a social variant since you happen to be an extrovert.

The key to finding like minded folks is the tri-type, given that you interpreted your MBTI type as information/thought processes preferred. When going to enneagram, the reasoning as to "why" your motivation, shouldn't matter so much with regards to comparing with MBTI.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
What's it like being both an ENFP and a 5w6?
@Byrnsies

I'm also curious about your experience. How do you think of yourself? What kind of challenges do you face in life? How did you identify your type, MBTI and/or Enneagram?

I don't think an ENFP 5w6 is so improbable as not to exist, just haven't seen them around PerC.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
5w6 but INTP. I think 5w6 is common for INTP but I doubt its common for ENFP. I bet a lot of ENFPs are type 4.
From studying Personality Cafe members I thinks ENFPs are more likely to be 4, 6 and 7. I also think 5w6 is not as common among INTPs as is usually believed. I doubt that most INTPs are 5 cores here on Personality Cafe. I do think that most have 5 as their head type though. But from what I've notced, mostseem to lie closer to 9.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Mizmar

I'm not sure? That's a broad question. I noticed that I tend to be much less socially extroverted than most ENFPs, if that helps. I really don't go out of my way to meet new people.

@Probably Not

Your first two questions are a tad difficult for me to answer. Could you be a bit more specific? And I originally found my MBTI type through testing. Afterwards, I did a lot of reading and found that I identified well with the set-up of functions in an ENFP. With the enneagram, I took a few tests a while ago and continue taking them every now and again. Every time I've taken it, I've been a 5w6. My next following two change from 1w2, 4w5, and 9w1. Once I got a 3 as my third, but I can't remember which wing.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone understand me more, but I was homeschooled most of my life. See, my mother is an INTJ, 5w6 and my older brother is an INFJ, 5w6. Those were the people I was around the most when I was growing up. I'm very curious and I find myself researching topics that have nothing to do with a grade or my job. I like discussing them with my mom, brother, and professors to help expand or organize my thinking. I find what I learn to be fascinating to talk about...

Also, I took the test today and got 5w6, 1w2, 4w5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks be to Google!

Are there any others on this forum? I've seen a 5w4 thus far, but no 5w6.

Hi there - funnily enough I googled 5w6 ENFP and found your post! You're the first ENFP I've found across several forums that shares my Ennegram type! How to you do!

I'd like to know more about you if you don't mind...? I found a post on this forum 'Overview of 5w6: The Problem Solver' (which I'd love to link you but am currently not allowed.... But I'm sure you could search for it if you don't mind that effort...?) that describes the supposed type/attributes of our blend, and I wondered how closely you might feel you match it...?

Look forward to hearing back!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same with the previous comment. I'm a 5w6 ENFP and I would really love to get to know others so shoot me a message if you can :) . When I started mbti I kept getting enfp over multiple tries, but you're right as we're not as extroverted. I started thinking I was an info but while I need solitude to think through my life, I get depressed if I'm inside alone for more than a couple days. While I always identify with enfp I've never identified with the "Disney character" label. Enneagram made me realise why I'm this way and searched it up. Now I'm here, and I can relate well to this post, so I'm looking forward to what else I can find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts