Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm a 9, and I just want to know... What are some differences between type 9 ENFPs and other ENFPs?

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Well, I'd assume they would probably be a little more likely to avoid conflict? I'm not sure. But I'd love to know about the gif in your signature...I can't stop watching it. Is he trying to be funny or is it like an instructional video for cheesy dancing? Haha!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'd assume they would probably be a little more likely to avoid conflict? I'm not sure. But I'd love to know about the gif in your signature...I can't stop watching it. Is he trying to be funny or is it like an instructional video for cheesy dancing? Haha!
Look up "Double Dream Hands" on YouTube xD that's what it's from, lol

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Well, I initially mistyped as a Nine (9w1) due to that fact that I'm a phobic Six (seriously, they're so similar it's scary). But I think ENFP and Nine go well together. I know that it can make a more mellow, relaxed ENFP who's more "go with the flow" and becomes the diplomat a lot. ^_^ They'd numb themselves to conflict, though, like other Nines. I can never numb myself to conflict. I feel a tugging, like I've got to fix what's going on. There's a pressure there. Just adding that tidbit in case you're a Six in disguise. XD

I think an ENFP type Nine makes for an emotionally stable person. :) I love Nines.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm like.... 85.7% positive I'm a 9w8. I think I'm a bit more reserved than other ENFP on the forums seem to be -- I don't post nearly as often and I tend to lurk a lot. I think I read somewhere that that's common for 9s, hahaha. I also definitely move into the diplomat role more than the other ENFP I know. We're also probably more prone to being taken advantage of.
I think ENFP 9s are a little harder to get to know on a personal level than many other ENFPs. My friends describe me as mellow and I never really have any drama, but I also hardly ever tell them about my problems, etc.
Also, I think being an ENFP type 9 makes it really easy for other people to like you -- pretty much all aspects of this personality want to avoid all sorts of interpersonal conflict. That makes it a little difficult, for me at least, to determine who I actually like in return -- probably more difficult than for the non-9 ENFP.
I agree with the above poster -- I think ENFP 9s are more likely to be more "content" and more emotionally stable on the inside. I still express tons of surface emotions that are extreme and whatnot, but my deep emotions are extremely difficult to alter, and sometimes even difficult to feel and be aware of.
Hmm. Those are all the "differences" I've noted so far but if I think of anything else I'll post again :) Hope this helps!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I admit I'm not positive whether I'm an INFP or an ENFP, but I'm at least sure that my enneagram is 9w1.

I differ from your average ENFP in a few ways: there's something breezy, light, hopeful, child-like, unself-conscious, and maybe even zen about me. The energy is just different... With type 7 ENFPs, you have this person whose energy is exuberant and rash and that can fill entire room, whereas 9's are more subtle. With type 4 ENFPs, you have this powerful angst and turmoil, a striking aesthetic, this secrecy and this powerful emotional intelligence, whereas 9's nearly always seem laid back, mellow, and a bit clueless about the affairs of others. And I think 6's are probably really similar to 9's, but I'd say the main difference is that 6's are more socially savvy, more anxious, and maybe a bit more in the head, whereas 9's have this complacency and ethereal quirk.

ENFP 9's are also pretty unique. They still have all the whimsy and individuality of Fi-users, but in a laidback, dreamy, earthy sort of way. They're usually pretty philosophical and creative in a childlike way (Ne), but our leadership and organizational skills are generally woefully underdeveloped. We're not doormats exactly; we have passive aggressive ways of asserting our boundaries and avoiding what we dislike, but it's something we definitely need to work on...

Just my two cents, though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'd probably describe myself as a "slow" ENFP. I definitely desire for peace but that doesn't mean a sense of valuing group harmony.
Or to bend my ass and back for others. Peace for me is to be left in peace.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
I accidentally type myself as a 9 when I first joined. I actually felt more similar to 9 ( regardless the fact that may not be in my stacking) so I guess I can answer . More tranquil and calm presence , very peaceful ,easy going and easy to approach , appears aloof almost , more quiet , less emotional, more articulate
That's what I'm getting base on observations

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ultra Violet

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
Well, I initially mistyped as a Nine (9w1) due to that fact that I'm a phobic Six (seriously, they're so similar it's scary). But I think ENFP and Nine go well together. I know that it can make a more mellow, relaxed ENFP who's more "go with the flow" and becomes the diplomat a lot. ^_^ They'd numb themselves to conflict, though, like other Nines. I can never numb myself to conflict. I feel a tugging, like I've got to fix what's going on. There's a pressure there. Just adding that tidbit in case you're a Six in disguise. XD

I think an ENFP type Nine makes for an emotionally stable person. :) I love Nines.
I can relate much to what you said here- especially about the numb self to conflict. I'm a 7 though( thought I was a 9 for 2 years )

Reactions: Jewl

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have no idea what my enneagram is. I've taken the test twice and gotten different results, and both times they offered multiple results. None of the options stood out to me.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
I have no idea what my enneagram is. I've taken the test twice and gotten different results, and both times they offered multiple results. None of the options stood out to me.
It took me 2.5 years to figure out which type I was

Reactions: ricericebaby

·
Registered
72 Posts
I still express tons of surface emotions that are extreme and whatnot, but my deep emotions are extremely difficult to alter, and sometimes even difficult to feel and be aware of.
As a 9 I totally understand this statement. It's a common issue for me - to be unaware of what I'm feeling. Maybe I've repressed the feeling(s) too long, maybe I fear they are "bad" feelings and I need to be "good" all the time, maybe I'm afraid I will change if these come to the surface (or someone else will), or maybe I just feel too overwhelmed already and don't need to feel anything else or there's a chance I will spiral.

I find I doggedly avoid any and all conflict but when finally backed against the wall i can tear your metaphorical throat out with my teeth if I need to. I also feel like I swim in a vast ocean of feelings but prefer to just float on top in the sun where everything is nice and peaceful and just try to forget the leviathans and megalodons lurking below...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts