Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we ENFPs are famous for our analogies. What are some you've thought of to describe things lately?

some of my most recent:

- when thinking about how different personality types communicate and understand each other:

it's like making dinner. Everyone has to eat, and they can only use what they have in the fridge. So if someone has a lot of eggs, or lots of cheese, they obviously would have to lead with those ingredients and make an egg or cheese-based meal. Of course that meal would be different to someone's who had just cheese and tomatoes. Communication is just like cooking; the end result is still a meal, only people use different ingredients, or functions to make it. They also use these functions in varying amounts, the same way some people with less onions or beans in the cupboard than others would obviously use less of those things.

- on Daniel Johnston's (a musician who suffers from severe mental illness) music and his song "Go"

"Go" is like a man paralysed from the waist down since childhood, whose best friend comes to tell him he's going to be a long distance runner and is about to go travel around the world to compete. The man with the disability yearns deeply in his soul to have the use of his legs like his friend, but at the same time, he feels joyous for him, because he loves him. And it's almost as though he's able to live vicariously through this friend. Run, see the world through his eyes. He tells him that he, the disabled man, knows his friend will find true happiness, because he's living the dream they both shared, a dream that the disabled man knows for him will always be just a dream.

- on art students (SPs) and their constant socializing and clubbing

my friends are like hummingbirds, constantly hungry, always dipping into the nectar of life. They're driven to find what's sweet, in bloom, and fresh. They're fantastically coloured and yet so mysterious, like brilliant electric shards of light, so fast you blink and almost miss them. And once they've drunk up the nectar from one flower they're off to the next, only ever interested in the flowers of the most compelling beauty and gorgeous colours. Art students are connoisseurs of aesthetic beauty, but they're like hummingbirds: a colourful, electric blur.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I sat here for a while trying to think of an analogy but I couldn't think of any as complex as yours. so.. I'm like a magic 8 ball, shake me to get my attention then ask me a question and I'll give you a random answer because I don't even know what's going on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sat here for a while trying to think of an analogy but I couldn't think of any as complex as yours. so.. I'm like a magic 8 ball, shake me to get my attention then ask me a question and I'll give you a random answer because I don't even know what's going on.
sorry about that! I realize now that the thread might be too random for people to relate to :unsure: maybe it's just me who thinks mostly in analogies.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lemme take a shot at this. *cracks knuckles*

People are like glasses in that they come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. As time goes by, they’re filled up with water or, in other words, experiences. Each glass is going to sound different when you tap it, because each glass holds a different amount of water. However, if you tap two glasses at the same time, you might be able to create a harmony that can’t be found anywhere else.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lemme take a shot at this. *cracks knuckles*

People are like glasses in that they come in all kinds of different shapes and sizes. As time goes by, they’re filled up with water or, in other words, experiences. Each glass is going to sound different when you tap it, because each glass holds a different amount of water. However, if you tap two glasses at the same time, you might be able to create a harmony that can’t be found anywhere else.
nice one! :cool:

and if you had enough glasses of water, as well as the time and energy, you could construct an elaborate orchestra, a symphony of "glass sounds", composed of frequencies that mesh together like no other.

Reactions: autumnglori

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
sorry about that! I realize now that the thread might be too random for people to relate to :unsure: maybe it's just me who thinks mostly in analogies.
Haha, no I think of the most abstract analogies ever and when I explain them to people they don't understand and then they start getting distracted by other things lol. I have to be in the zone.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I totally do the analogies thing ..just can't think of an example. They come to me off the cuff given a situation.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
I'm like the whispering wind. I help you with advice placed here and there, not loud enough to draw attention to myself. You don't even recognize that I'm there. I drift from person to person, going wherever I'm needed. I'm a welcome breeze, but almost completely ignored after a bit.

It sounds depressing, I know, but I don't get much attention drawn to myself(which I enjoy) and I find many interesting people and situations. The wind goes wherever it pleases; no restrictions.

Everything can be looked at as a whole lot of boxes and strings. When you open up one box, you find a bit of information. There may be a string attached to that box, leading to another box. That string being pulled opens that other box, leading to more information. The whole cycle continues like that.

Just a few I've contemplated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts