Personality Cafe banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Kommandant Where you able to find the material you needed ? What are your own thoughts on criticisms ?
Yes, pretty much. I got very insightful responses.
I agree with most of the things said here and wish to be receiving criticism the same way. The problem is just me giving criticism. In the heat of the moment I usually don't act like I want to, become opinionated and unintentionally rude. This cost me friendships. I can be a bit stuck up and react as if I don't care when I get criticized, but over time I do think about it and try to change. Also in relationships and friendships god I prefer it so, so much more when people criticize me and tell me what there is for me to improve instead of just... giving up on it and leaving eventually.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yes, pretty much. I got very insightful responses.
I agree with most of the things said here and wish to be receiving criticism the same way. The problem is just me giving criticism. In the heat of the moment I usually don't act like I want to, become opinionated and unintentionally rude. This cost me friendships. I can be a bit stuck up and react as if I don't care when I get criticized, but over time I do think about it and try to change. Also in relationships and friendships god I prefer it so, so much more when people criticize me and tell me what there is for me to improve instead of just... giving up on it and leaving eventually.
I see, so you would like to approach differently criticisms towards your friends mostly. Hmmm, in my personal experiences, I noticed that me too in the heat of the moment I can ends up turning opiniated and stuck in my way and hurt my loved ones. I learned that to approach the person outside of these "heated moments", in order to both understand how they would have prefered to be talked to, and how to try to do it next times (yes there will be "next times", so acknowledging it and preparing for "security plans" is important). And of course to explain how myself I would like to be criticised.
Ah and I also learned to simply report the conversation at a more calm times, if it turn heated, it can sometimes helps too.

I learned that usually people (including myself) don't truly mind what is being said, but "how" it is said and how it makes us feel. To talk with your loved ones that you try to learn to change how you criticise to fit their "how" because you care for them, can helps a lot ! Usually if they care too, they will learn to do your own "how" and not be as upset when you use your own "how".
And all that take time, trials and lot of time.

Hope you will find matter to help in your relationships, I wish you the best !

21 - 22 of 22 Posts