Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My type is an INFJ and i've known few ENFP and i was wondering how each others 4th function SE/SI seems to help the relationship between the two.

I can see how an 4th Si in ENFP can help INFJ in order to remember to follow out daily affairs and to be reminded how something has been in the past in order to bring out new possibilities not old ones.

But how can an INFJ 4th function SE be helpful for the ENFP??

According to Socionics ENFP should have some insecurities in the usage of SE..

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
There are some ENFPs with INFJ partners around who might be able to tell you a true answer. My Si is a weak tiny infant. I'm lucky I haven't been in a car wreck and I get lost on dirt roads in the middle of corn fields. If it weren't for Siri on my iphone I'd be driving around in circles a few hours whenever I go somewhere new. I remember my life before GPS! I also can't remember the plots of books or movies worth a darn-- it's like reading it or watching it brand new after just a month or two. My INFP husband and I have all the same functions, just slightly different order so he's developed his Si and is good at logistics and remembers plots. He's pretty handy and good with fixing things. I struggle to use a remote control and can't find the napkin I wrote down that important stuff on. LOL I have other skills, but asking about my 4th... I think I'll be well into my 90's before I have any Si to speak of. Se I can't really fathom except to know that my 5 senses are working. I'd have to go read all the MBTI stuff over to even tell you what Se does other than taste and smell and feel and see and stuff. Hopefully you'll get a better response... I just wanted to make fun of my Si function. =)

Reactions: Tridentus

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response

But Si should be more about Bodily sensations as in taking care of yourself both in terms of health and duties and it plays apart in memory because in order to come up with something new with (NE) you must know what already exists.

Its an introverted function

SI examples:
Eating on a regular basis, Keeping your room clean, paying your bills, brushing your teeth and flossing, following through with routines in general

But you're NE tends to override Si so you tend to not to follow through with the Si task and you don't worry about those concerns to much and you actually remember what things actually need to be done even though you're not doing them.

Even though your Si is weak it still in your conscious mind therefore you tend to get a little bit of control in sudden aspect.

I think most INFJ have concerns about following through with daily task and are very forgetful about what the things are that their suppose to be following through with.

INFJ with 4th slot SE

Positive aspects: I think would be knowing how to assert your self in the real world to people to be taking serious.
Negative aspects: Getting overstimulated easily

We don't concern ourselves to much about SE we know how we should go about it but NI overrides it.

That me general thought on the matter.

INFJ might help ENFP with how to make their ideas look more presentable to other people??

Any more thoughts?

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Well you're bang on with your analysis of inferior functions, so there's that.

I think like you said, using Se to be taken seriously and survive in an S world. I usually try to use Ne to even process things that Se is supposed to- like for example driving, or playing sports. I have to conceptualise everything in order to process it. As a consequence I do occasionally get that "er... wut?" look from people when I try to over-extend my Ne. Sure I understand it, because I can translate things in my head, but other people whom don't think that way jsut aren't going to be able to.

Having someone who is good at it and also prioritises it can create communication barriers with me because we have different focuses, but having someone who has it as their inferior is slightly attractive. ESFPs I can at least connect with on the basis of our Fi moral leaning, but I've always had trouble getting along with ESTPs.

I mean.. it's the inferior function, it's never going to be the main thing.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thank you for the response

But Si should be more about Bodily sensations as in taking care of yourself both in terms of health and duties and it plays apart in memory because in order to come up with something new with (NE) you must know what already exists.

Its an introverted function

SI examples:
Eating on a regular basis, Keeping your room clean, paying your bills, brushing your teeth and flossing, following through with routines in general

But you're NE tends to override Si so you tend to not to follow through with the Si task and you don't worry about those concerns to much and you actually remember what things actually need to be done even though you're not doing them.

Even though your Si is weak it still in your conscious mind therefore you tend to get a little bit of control in sudden aspect.

I think most INFJ have concerns about following through with daily task and are very forgetful about what the things are that their suppose to be following through with.

INFJ with 4th slot SE

Positive aspects: I think would be knowing how to assert your self in the real world to people to be taking serious.
Negative aspects: Getting overstimulated easily

We don't concern ourselves to much about SE we know how we should go about it but NI overrides it.

That me general thought on the matter.

INFJ might help ENFP with how to make their ideas look more presentable to other people??

Any more thoughts?
I could be wrong on this, but I think that on the occasions where we ENFPs actually are aware of our own physical needs, we expand on them and apply them to other people and ask questions like, "If I'm thirsty, are they thirsty too? Maybe I should ask them if they want to go get some lemonade with me..." So it becomes a way of looking out for other people, which could be beneficial to anyone - not just INFJs.

Because Si is also associated with memories, it could also be part of our pattern detection.

INFJs with a well-developed Se are helpful to ENFPs because sometimes we go off in our own little heads. Being around INFJs who vocalize their observations and conclusions from that data regularly help ENFPs pay more attention to their surroundings. ENFPs can be very observant... when they remember to be. INFJs are good at helping ENFPs sort the data of what they have observed.

INFJs can be good at bouncing things off of ENFPs such that the ENFPs' thoughts become more coherent and their understanding of a subject deepens, but ENFPs can also help INFJs come up with ideas and organize data - if, for example, I happen to be on the phone with my INFJ friend while she's trying to compose a difficult text (that is, one that could have serious social repercussions if not worded correctly), she bounces different ways of phrasing things off of me and asks me for suggestions. So the clarification of thought and understanding is mutual in my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts