Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened upon the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator last night. I've always had an aversion to labels and pigeonholing. In fact, the only label I could think of for myself was potentialist, since I've always viewed the world through potential and possibilities and am only concerned with unconventional and creative approaches/solutions.

I came to find that all was very ironic, since that is the exact ENFP archetype. What a nutshell, I was blown away. And I'm not easily impressed. Many of my longtime beliefs---i.e. that the world is not mine to judge, but to embrace---were neatly displayed.

In a sense, it was a breath of fresh air. Despite being an extrovert, I've always had intense feelings of isolation from the world. Instead of my being some kind of anomaly, it looks like that's just because my personality type is quite rare.

All very good timing too. I sort of hindered my own personality for several years, and only a month ago became frustrated to the point where I didn't care anymore. Best place I'd ever come to.

I could give a better introduction, but bored with writing about myself already. Ha, ha.

Pleasure to be here and get to know everyone.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Helter Skelter and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Helter Skelter. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome! I'm new also!

I'm an ENFP. We're extroverted because we're stimulated by the world and others. However, this stimulation gets exhausting and we're constantly feeling left out because of what we are always thinking. Thinking so much about ourselves and our relation to the world and others, we don't see how much we isolate ourselves through this crucial process of introspection. It's a fascinating concept, MyerBriggs, that is. ENFPs are strange birds; we embrace everything. Welcome!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T'ank you, t'ank you! I feel welcomed. It's tingly.

Lost in Air: Strange birds indeed, although we tend to find ourselves thoroughly entertaining. Good point on our introspective nature, BTW.

Another notable aspect is our inherent ability to "view the truth in people and things" alongside making numerous connections instantaneously. It becomes so expansive and encompassing that it's like seeing a whole world that's invisible to everyone around you. I hope that doesn't come off sounding arrogant. It's simply a way of functioning, which really contributes to that feeling of isolation.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
T'ank you, t'ank you! I feel welcomed. It's tingly.

Lost in Air: Strange birds indeed, although we tend to find ourselves thoroughly entertaining. Good point on our introspective nature, BTW.

Another notable aspect is our inherent ability to "view the truth in people and things" alongside making numerous connections instantaneously. It becomes so expansive and encompassing that it's like seeing a whole world that's invisible to everyone around you. I hope that doesn't come off sounding arrogant. It's simply a way of functioning, which really contributes to that feeling of isolation.
Word.....
And welcome!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
WELCOME TO PerC ENFP!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, gent, lady and gent!

I look forward to our Internet lives together. Well, that sounded goddamn depressing. What I mean is, this place seems definitely seems interesting enough to keep me around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does not sound arrogant one bit; I completely agree - and well put. We're keen to making quick connections... Connections others outside of the ENFP realm would not think to make, or perhaps, understand. We live in a sort of a web, methinks. The world quickly becomes a breeding ground for making connections to our hearts' contents! Also, I don't know about the rest of you ENFPs, but does anyone see the fictitious elements in life? The stage we play on as actors? As we live and absorb instances of life, we see moments that can easily be romanticized and re-created through art?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Omigawd u r sooo totally friended lol!!!

Yes, I know what you mean. I personally feel that life is larger than fiction; there is never nothing happening. Even the seemingly insignificant moments are crucial pieces to a blindly powerful drama steaming from the inner most depths out into the thick, clustered atmosphere of the world. It's all brilliant, beautiful, complex and compelling. In fiction, we simply accent an often unseen meaning in certain aspects or moments in life.

And, if you can read eyes, the tales they tell are infinite. So, in other words, I don't think life can be romanticized. I believe it's a matter of presenting already romantic aspects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts