Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Music gets to me in a way that nothing else really does. Both playing it and listening to it. A lot of times when I'm trying to communicate a feeling or thought I have, I will be like, "I feel like that part of the song 'This is What' by Horse Feathers, when everything comes together and it's almost like a happy/yearning/angry heart explosion." because music helps me make sense of what I'm actually feeling. People close to me have learned to just nod and smile when I say stuff like that, because usually they don't really see what I'm talking about, because music hits everyone in such distinct ways. And then there are some people that don't seem hit by it at all ever (my mom included).

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I couldn't live without music. Music is my passion. I have two main passions in life, actually:

1) People
2) Music. The arts, really, but music most of all.

I play the piano. Some guitar and some ukulele. I enjoy all kinds of music. So long as I think it is musical -- that it is composed and arranged well, then I think it is good. I love classical rock, rock, pop (if it's actually good pop), alternate, folk, classical (especially from the impressionistic time period. Gotta love Ravel and Debussy), foreign music, soundtrack, jazz, blues, R&B... + more. I could go on. Like I said, everything. Even rap can be good.

I judge music on the actual sound, the way its arranged, the layering of the instruments, the instrumentation, the songwriting (lyrics!) -- everything as a whole at one time and not separately. If that makes sense. And I do know that sometimes there will be actual good music that I don't like and somebody else does.

I am drawn to acoustic sounding things. I love folk especially. Just guitar or piano or whatever and a voice. It sounds raw. Raw music. I love it like that.

I could ramble on and on and on.... @[email protected]

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I couldn't live without music. Music is my passion. I have two main passions in life, actually:

1) People
2) Music. The arts, really, but music most of all.

classical (especially from the impressionistic time period. Gotta love Ravel and Debussy)
Yes. Yessssss. This. I'm a complete nutcase whose life revolves around music. I too enjoy all kinds of music, so long as it's musical. Pop, rock, industrial, folk, singer songwritery, classical, soundtrack, electronic...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yes. Yessssss. This. I'm a complete nutcase whose life revolves around music. I too enjoy all kinds of music, so long as it's musical. Pop, rock, industrial, folk, singer songwritery, classical, soundtrack, electronic...
Huzzah! A fellow music nutcase! XD I just love how music is a universal language. :) I must admit, I haven't heard too much electronic.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Warning! A novel is coming!
Indie:
Two Door Cinema Club, Deas Vail, Joy Williams (Post CCM, Pre-Civil Wars.. I like her Indie music)
Minus the Bear: Listen to Pachuca Sunrise, it's gorgeous. Arctic Monkeys.

Alternative:
Switchfoot, Maroon 5, OneRepublic, House of Heroes, Panic! At The Disco, Coldplay: They border on indie as well.. Regardless, they are amazing.. As long as it's not the Grammy's.

Pop-punk:
Relient K! And several others...

Powerpop:
Forever the Sickest Kids, Capital Lights
Hellogoodbye. Oh wow.. So many memories.

Dubstep/brostep/EDM:
Skrillex:)
xKore, Calvin Harris, Bar 9, Omnitica, DeadMau5, Nero, Ephixa, Daft Punk, The Glitch Mob, Seven Lions ft Shaz Sparks, Labrinth, Feed Me, Dream, Ghost & Misty, and moooooore.

Folk:
Mumford.. That's all.

Post-Hardcore:
Ivoryline, The Classic Crime, A Day to Remember

Pop:
Adele: Her voice... it's... AMAZING! She has a voice that draws in people.. And her honest personality that comes through also draws people in, despite the great insincerity of most pop music.
Christina Perri: Gorgeous voice, a joy to the ears..
Sam Tsui, Kurt Hugo Schneider, and all their friends: Great music, a massive group of talent in that circle.
Christina Grimmie... She's GOT to be an ENFP!

Classic Rock: Queen.. That's my favorite.

Metal:
Artificial Fear: He puts out metal covers of all the songs from Legend of Zelda games.. can you beat that?
Flyleaf: Unique guitar riffs/bass riffs, and interesting vocals.

Other:
Imogen Heap: I really didn't want to put her under "Pop" because she's really not.. But she's not really any of the other categories either.
Lindsey Stirling, Steven Sharp Nelson, and all the talented asian people on Youtube.

Have fun reading my novel!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Oh yeah.. And I'm also a musician!

I play (at least a bit of) the:
Guitar: I started 5 years ago, now I have two electrics, one 6 string acoustic, one 12 string.
Bass: Started about 8 months ago, but I've been told by the band I play bass in, that I'm pretty good in general, and really good considering it's been so little time.. I play a 5 string Jazz bass.
Hank drum: Awesome little steel drum for those who can't afford a HANG drum..
Duduk: I can only really play the Narnian lullaby.
Piano: My left hand isn't very helpful on the piano.. but I can do a LITTLE.. I started as a musician when I was 7 or 8.. I figured out how to play all the songs for LoZ: Ocarina of Time, by ear.
Vocals: I've been practicing vocals for years.. I have a range of F2-D6, but trust me, the last few notes don't sound pretty on ANY guy who's name ISN'T Vitas Bumac.

And soon a hope to buy a Glockenspiel.. :D

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I am usually grooving to something and thinking that everyone is missing out of the awesomeness so i try to shove it down their throat for a while hoping they will get hooked so in the future we can like up and chat up about how awesome a band or musician is...

:)

I find that most people listen to some kind of crap where i am from. :p

My love for instrumentals outweighs my love for song lyrics and music videos unlike majority of people. If the lyrics are organised right and i feel their power in the music as it is sung, then i will come to love the lyrics.

The lyrics must have meaning though, otherwise I will listen to the instrumental version of the song only.

Music blows my mind. Its one of the most strangest things in this life.

I would feel happy if i dint shove something down you throats now... hopefully if you dunno Thom Yorke already, you will get hooked on his awesomeness. Straight up Powerful! I feel it down in my neurons and osteocytes. lol

I could give you loads more... If you love similar things or if you think I would like any music make sure you share!!!!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Oh how I love music! I LOVE music! I like basically every genre except really cheesy gospel. I even like old time bluegrass. I'm talking EVERYTHING!

Music speaks to my soul, and it's is a huge part of my family and who I am. I sing and play clarinet, but haven't played clarinet in years. I've been singing for as long and I can remember.

My Grandpa was a huge musical influence on me...He has passed away, but Mumford & Sons reminds me of the music he loved. I have a special place in my heart for M&S. I must see them play live before I die.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Warning! A novel is coming!
Indie:
Two Door Cinema Club,

Alternative:
Maroon 5, OneRepublic, House of Heroes, Panic! At The Disco, Coldplay

Pop:
Adele: Her voice... it's... AMAZING! She has a voice that draws in people.. And her honest personality that comes through also draws people in, despite the great insincerity of most pop music.
Christina Perri: Gorgeous voice, a joy to the ears..
Sam Tsui, Kurt Hugo Schneider, and all their friends: Great music, a massive group of talent in that circle.

Classic Rock: Queen.. That's my favorite.

Have fun reading my novel!
You had me at that first line.
Also, your reference to Vitas had me cracking up.

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY MUSICAL PREFERENCES?

(The only country I listen to is what I listened to at 10. And that's reluctantly.)
Just add Cher, and more mainstream artists, and you have my musical tastes.

(If I adore you even more because you're ENFP as well, does that make me a narcissist?)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You had me at that first line.
Also, your reference to Vitas had me cracking up.

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY MUSICAL PREFERENCES?

(The only country I listen to is what I listened to at 10. And that's reluctantly.)
Just add Cher, and more mainstream artists, and you have my musical tastes.

(If I adore you even more because you're ENFP as well, does that make me a narcissist?)
Nothing narcissistic about it! I enjoy finding people who are similar to me.. It's easier to talk to people who you actually have something in common.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You're enlightened because you are telling yourself about yourself.
:confused:
What.

I think I just confused myself.
Give me a minute to recover from the Philosophy class. Or, you know, all day.
Because I had that class at 10, and it's still buzzing around my head.:tongue:

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Music is my voice to Fi. It needs something more than just words. And I have a hard time processing or even acknowledging negative feelings without music. Here's a favorite that never fails stir something up and speak to the power of music for me, but I love all genres as long as it's an honest and moving song.

Reactions: nádej

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You're enlightened because you are telling yourself about yourself.
:confused:
What.

I think I just confused myself.
Give me a minute to recover from the Philosophy class. Or, you know, all day.
Because I had that class at 10, and it's still buzzing around my head.:tongue:
Hahaha that made me laugh..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Music.... How I cherish thee. My username IS MusicBird, haha! Music is actually one of the only things keeping me sane right now... And I'm happy because I have tickets to my FIRST concert. I've NEVER been to an arena concert before, and my goodness, I am so excited!! I live far away from places which actually have artists and bands perform in!
Anyways... Yeah. Music is awesome:3

1 - 20 of 33 Posts