Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my Enfp out there, I have a question for you.

My roomie who is an Enfp man is always misinterpreting me and my female friends behavior as being flirtatious towards him when in fact non of us are interested in him. He is also quite judgmental towards everyone except himself and it makes me question his maturity level.

I do like him as a friend because when he is happy then the vibe in our group of friends is great and we always have fun adventures together. I just don´t understand if this kind of behavior is typical for Enfp or just him being immature.

Me being Entj makes it a bit hard to talk with him about it because I feel like whenever I try to talk to him it seems like he takes it as a personal attack, and will avoid me for a short period.

How self conscious are you towards other people, and how can I explain this to him in a way that will make him understand without hurting his feelings?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think you can’t explain it without hurting his feelings. I think I’d just let it be and it will lessen over time. You are not going to change his perception and arguing about anyone’s perceptions doesn’t usually work. Life is going to eventually present anomalies to his perception that will slowly show him that he is incorrect ( if he is incorrect) and that’s the only way. Also if he is incorrect then this is an ego or self-esteem issue— not really a place for another person to correct. It doesn’t work. So change channels. I’d work to bond over other things, take your focus off of this aspect of him for a bit, focus on other things where you two have more commonality. You will find that things improve by helping him just feel more accepted in his own home. Right now he likely feels at odds, misunderstood, criticized and left out and might be fighting for some kind of foot-hold that makes him feel good about himself (perhaps... because I’d really have to see all of this in action to get a full view). Anyway, leave him his dignity and help out by focusing on the positive and building areas in the relationships that might help him be more at ease with less argument. Got it?

Reactions: Tridentus
1 - 2 of 2 Posts