Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I've definitely got a dark side - we all do. Some of us choose to dwell there sometimes; and others prefer to deny it exists all together. I do find that I have to be careful when revealing this side to others though. If I pick the wrong person to share this part of me with - I can freak the hell out of them.

Having said this, I don't 'dwell' there too often. I'm one of those annoying optimistis :tongue:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah. And my dark side really looks like a black hole when I'm totally sad or depressed.

Reactions: Cher Zee

·
Banned
108 Posts
My younger sister is an ENFP whose Ne has been repressed for a long time now, and she has anger management issues. Having a perennially stressed ISTJ mom probably doesn't help the situation much, but I'm still extremely worried. I cried over this a lot, and I've done everything I can, but somehow she just doesn't seem to be getting better and I wonder if this is a common thing with ENFPs.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
I have a dark side, and I understand that almost as much as I understand my good side. I'm not ashamed by it, I accept it for part of who I am. Though, I tend not to show it around people because most people think that expressing negative emotions or thoughts is unhealthy, even though it isn't at all, up to a certain point. It really helps me clear my mind and relax(not right away, but the next day I feel great).

Reactions: GROUNDED_ONE

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
On the micro level, my life is generally positive and the outlook is very good. If I am seeing the dark side of everything it is kind of a projection of some sorts of my own mental state. I have to be really careful at that. I can be quite a joyfully goofy person and I really get a thrill out of making people think, "Is this guy for real?" I do it on a very consistent basis ;)

However, while I may be an idealist at heart I am logically a staunch pessimist. The state of the world affairs bothers me and I just chose to ignore it. For all I know, the world i going to go up in a nuclear winter on the 21st of December. I just ask for two things, that I make the most of my life and that when the first one goes off I am vaporized so I don't have to suffer.''

Just be careful to not let your views stop you before making an action. I think it is called fatalism, why try if I am going to fail?

You miss every shot you never take.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I'm definitely obsessed with the dark side of life. There's just a lot of depth there that I find lacking in people who try to block that out. I keep it on the DL, yes, but I do that with almost everything. It's a part of me and the more you know me, the more it starts seeping out. Blame my dad. :bored:

·
Registered
266 Posts
What do you mean by "the complexity of life?"

From what I see, you avoid thinking about unhappy topics because they make you unhappy, naturally, but I guess sometimes you have to think about them. Then you should try to deal with the issue at least somewhat objectively, which I suppose is as difficult for you as it is for me to be in touch with and sort through my feelings. I can do it, but I hate it and it scares me a little bit. I'm working on that.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I love my dark side. Makes me feel mortal and flawed. If I acknowledge it, I can respect it and control it, and live life a little less afraid.

Reactions: Belovodia and JaySH

·
Registered
55 Posts
Because I tend to think about... well... EVERYTHING... especially about connections, it's kind of inevitable to think about dark matters... How hopeless humanity as a whole can seem, how lonely I sometimes feel being how I am, how sick it is that there's people who die for lack of food and water while I'll complain when my burger isn't cooked right, etc.

But then this is also the ability to see how awesome life can be.

There's always an inner battle, as there is with any type probably, but for me, I try and focus more on what I love than morbid things. Don't deny the morbid things and negative feelings, but don't let them rule you either.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Happy ENFP
293038_351136684961721_1055888720_n.jpg 559886_355530227822246_201110553264215_983411_1492377783_n.jpg
Un-Happy ENFP
1341284314920.jpg nopony-can-save-you-now-not-even-THE-FOURTH-WALL_8387.jpg
My INFP reaction.
Luna_Shrug.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank god I am not the only one. I usually never understand why I can dwell on that side so much! People swear I am happy ALL THE TIME and I have like 1 million friends and it is farther from the truth.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
What do you mean by "the complexity of life?"

From what I see, you avoid thinking about unhappy topics because they make you unhappy, naturally, but I guess sometimes you have to think about them. Then you should try to deal with the issue at least somewhat objectively, which I suppose is as difficult for you as it is for me to be in touch with and sort through my feelings. I can do it, but I hate it and it scares me a little bit. I'm working on that.
The dark side isn't necessary unhappy, it's more of a peaceful guarded place that is reserved just for you. When i think of the dark side it makes me feel like my mind is completely opened, no sugar, no ideals, more reality. The dark side lets me see things more objectively , because it feels like my emotions abandon me leaving me more realistic. Sometimes i make better decisions, see things from a completely different perspective. I feel sharper intellectually because all things that are blinding me from this sometimes delusional reality are much clearer and deeper. . It also puts things into perspective about things i love or dislike about myself, it brings me closer to the truth about things/people and circumstances. I don't fear the dark side, it feels very much at home for me when working through my complexities.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i often think about life too! and sometimes it happends that your thoughts go to... 'dark places' ? xD that's quiet normal.
i heard that ENFP tend to symbolize a lot. that could be another way of getting 'dark'.
but mostly we're optimistic and look at the bright side od life. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts