Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to only make aquaintences, i have distant friendships. What is wrong with this picture? I met an INFJ the other day and we just clicked about poetry. Does this meen INFJs are a good type? What is the perfect friend/relationship type for an ENFP?

·
Registered
171 Posts
"scientifically" INFJ's are the best type for enfp's, because of the inverted top two funcions (NeFi/NiFe). but don't limit yourself to that. it's a little narrow. you can click with anyone you click with.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I say to hell with MBTI when it comes to relationships. If you respect each others differences and similarities anything can work, however certain types takes more effort than others.

“I want relations which are not purely personal, based on purely personal qualities; but relations based upon some unanimous accord in truth or belief, and a harmony of purpose, rather than of personality. I am weary of personality. Let us be easy and impersonal, not forever fingering over our own souls, and the souls of our acquaintances, but trying to create a new life, a new common life, a new complete tree of life from the roots that are within us.”

DH Lawrence

·
Registered
946 Posts
INFJ and INTJ naturally click with ENFP. I swear, you home in on us like magnets.

As far as the "perfect match", it's hard to say - there's far more to a relationship than mutual attraction (though it does help a lot).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the other way around. Or possibly both?
IDK but it's funny how why we click...why is that?

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
For some reason I can relate to INTJ alot more. My wealth of knowledge and intelligence sometimes surprise them for how much i talk, blabber and zone out.

Reactions: Minesweeper Queen

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I seem to only make aquaintences, i have distant friendships. What is wrong with this picture? I met an INFJ the other day and we just clicked about poetry. Does this meen INFJs are a good type? What is the perfect friend/relationship type for an ENFP?
Do I ever relate. I'm constantly finding new acquaintances and connecting with people for a short time...like, for the duration of a class. My friendships are sometimes distant, sometimes good. I don't understand why I have this problem and it bothers me so much that sometimes I get anxiety about it. From this board, I've learned that it's a bit typical for our type. We have a talent for relating to pretty much anybody...but we long for deeper connections and feel like outsiders.

For relationships...they say anything can work with any type, but you are most likely to find your perfect match in an INFJ...that's the ideal. I've heard that ENFPs can do well with INTJs too.

As for friends? You'll probably click the best with other NFs and maybe NTs, but don't completely discount others. I've had some amazing ESFJ, ISTJ, ISTP and ISFJ friends. You may not find the deep relationship you're looking for, but they all can have something to offer and can be great fun. :happy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Two of my very closest friends are INFJs. My relationships with them are two of the deepest I've ever experienced. My INFJ friends are capable of a depth of understanding about themselves and about their surroundings (often including the people in their lives) that amazes me.

I am also very much attracted to ENTPs and ENTJs. I love them--they are two of my favorite MBTI types, and they are the only types I can identify almost immediately. These tend to be lighter relationships, in the sense that they tend to give me a lot of room to experiment and have fun.

I know two ISFJs, and I have some difficulty with these. My mom is one, and I have a sister-in-law who is an ISFJ as well. It seems to me that the difficulty in these relationships stems largely from the fact that we don't readily understand each other's points of view.

The two ISFJs I know are extremely down to earth, practical, and organized. Being around me actually seems to stress them out. For example, I love to be surrounded by color, and my house is filled with a mixture of colors and patterns that makes my mom's head spin. I can tell she is dying to neutralize at least one room so that she can come visit me without my house giving her a headache. On top of that, I'm not the most organized. I'm very clean, and I like to have things look pleasing, but if you open my Tupperware drawer, it's a total disaster. My mom does not deal well with this, and I think it gives her a headache and a strong desire to reorganize my kitchen every time we cook together.

I react the same way to them. As soon as my mom starts moving pots and pans around and stacking my Tupperware lids in neat little piles, my knee-jerk reaction is to suggest that we leave the house and do something else. Anything but deal with those little details!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think it's the other way around. Or possibly both?
IDK but it's funny how why we click...why is that?
Speaking as an INFJ - with all the ENFP's I have known, there is a bit of a childlike quality. Everything's fascinating, you jump from topic to topic like mad.. you come up with the most crazy stories. It can be almost hypnotic - and something just makes it feel like everything's going to be alright. It can actually be quite healing. I feel I can take off my armor for a while, relax, and have a bit of fun.

As for what you see in us, well that I would like to know. I view us more as generally good but spacey and intense people.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
  • In my experience you love to talk about things you feel passionatly about which suits us just fine.
  • We love to love people and someone that can love us back even with distance makes us swoon.
  • You can be moody but our love sees right through your moods.
  • And we both love to flirt.
We sometimes need protecting and you sometimes need that little bit of sparkle that we bring into your lives.:proud:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
My friends are a wide range of types and contradictions.

But being that I am all over the place, the ones I can depend on are the Js.

The ones who always say yes to going out are the Es.

The ones who I absolutely ENJOY talking to are the Ts.

My best friend (currently) is an INFJ. A coincidence perhaps that all my past best friends were type 2 (enneatype).

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
From what I've heard/seen the INTJ seems to be the perfect match.

Also, for some reason I think an ISTP would go well with an ENFP, have any of you guys had any encounters with an ISTP?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
  • In my experience you love to talk about things you feel passionatly about which suits us just fine.
  • We love to love people and someone that can love us back even with distance makes us swoon.
  • You can be moody but our love sees right through your moods.
  • And we both love to flirt.
We sometimes need protecting and you sometimes need that little bit of sparkle that we bring into your lives.:proud:
Holy hell!! I don't think I could have said that better myself!! I've recently met someone who is INFJ and we hit it off straight away, like we just spoke for 6 hours non-stop, the whole day went by before we were ejected by Starbucks at closing time. She seems pretty prone to intensely moody moments, and yet she loves the way I can blabber on and on. It helps that she likes poetry and poets too though, as it makes life easier for me haha. When we hit common ground, those sub-conversations are actually magnificent, and I think she finds the ENFP enthusiasm and the constant ideas about what would be fun and how possibilities are genuinely endless in our heads quite endearing, whilst I find her ability to stay grounded so admirable, because when the flights of fancy take us, not only does conversation roll off into a hundred little tangents, our ability to fully concentrate on one thing goes with it... :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
In my life, it matters not if I'm "compatible" with someone else. I always find some way to mess it up by being too damned real. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Also, for some reason I think an ISTP would go well with an ENFP, have any of you guys had any encounters with an ISTP?
I have an awesome ISTP friend. He's got, by far, the greatest sense of humour of anyone I know. I find it can be tricky finding a conversation-starter with him, but he trusts me enough to talk about just about anything, which is flattering given his public persona of being the military tough guy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts