Banned
1,001 Posts
Calling all anime fans!
What are your favorite anime's?
Why do you like them?
Subs or Dubs?
What do you like in your animes?
Etc.
I'm currently watching Fairy Tail and Rorouni Kenshin, and I'm reading Vampire Knight.

FairyTail (sub)= Idk yet. It's just a fun show. :)
Rorouni Kenshin (sub)= because Kenshin is well... *blushes*
Vampire Knight (manga)= because it's really well-written and depicted and it's funny yet serious, and idk it's pretty incredible

I like adventure/romance stories. I also LOVE romantic comedies ^_^

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently watching Fairy Tail and Rorouni Kenshin, and I'm reading Vampire Knight.

FairyTail (sub)= Idk yet. It's just a fun show. :)
Rorouni Kenshin (sub)= because Kenshin is well... *blushes*
Vampire Knight (manga)= because it's really well-written and depicted and it's funny yet serious, and idk it's pretty incredible

I like adventure/romance stories. I also LOVE romantic comedies ^_^
If you haven't seen it, you'd adore Ouran High Hosts Club.

Reactions: KokuroNya

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NARUTO!!

..because the 10,000 years of pain is the most epic thing ever :ninja:
I used to watch Naruto, then I took an arro- I mean.. Then the filler seasons kind of got to me.
I saw up till the point Jiraiya dies in the anime, and I read up till (I believe his name is) Danzo, the ANBU leader (I think), took it from Tsunade.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Currently obsessing over CLAMP works, particularly Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic. I'm also watching Code Geass at the moment, while keeping up with Kuroshitsuji and Pandora Hearts mangas. I watch animes with subs for the most part, because I just can't seem to get the hang of listening to dubs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What are your favorite anime's? Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Full Metal Alchemist, Durarara!!
Mangas? Deadman Wonderland, d.gray-man, Bakuman, Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, etc
Why do you like them? Badassery, great storylines
Subs or Dubs? Subs.
What do you like in your animes? Badassery / good art or animation / good voicing / follows the storyline

I used to like Naruto and Bleach but then both started dragging out for so long. Bleach especially got repetitive and dull; Naruto got boring after a few volumes of Shippuden. Stopped reading both a long time ago. I await the bricks that fly through my window. :p

I've attend FanimeCon twice -- once with a mudkip hat and another as No Face! Planning to cosplay as Chell from the Portal series next year. :D

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are your favorite anime's? Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Full Metal Alchemist, Durarara!!
Mangas? Deadman Wonderland, d.gray-man, Bakuman, Full Metal Alchemist, Tsubasa, xxxHolic, etc
Why do you like them? Badassery, great storylines
Subs or Dubs? Subs.
What do you like in your animes? Badassery / good art or animation / good voicing / follows the storyline

I used to like Naruto and Bleach but then both started dragging out for so long. Bleach especially got repetitive and dull; Naruto got boring after a few volumes of Shippuden. Stopped reading both a long time ago. I await the bricks that fly through my window. :p

I've attend FanimeCon twice -- once with a mudkip hat and another as No Face! Planning to cosplay as Chell from the Portal series next year. :D
Amazing! You actually answered in the format that I asked in!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are your favorite anime's:Bleach, Gosick, FullMetal Alchemist:Brotherhood, DNAngel (It was a little odd, but had GREAT music), Ouran High Hosts Club, Code Geass (Though I haven't seen all), Innocent Venus, Witch Hunter Robin, more.. I'm sure.
Why do you like them? Storyline, humour, twists, music, music (It's important), characters.
Subs or Dubs? Subs.. I generally HATE the dubs. They will take a soft spoken Japanese guy and turn him into a brassy sounding loudmouth. Ick
What do you like in your animes? A twisty plot, likeable characters, at least one character with an amazing sense of humour, great music, as little filler as possible.. And if they do have filler, make it enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Any DBZ fan out there?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@KokuroNya @pinkoctopus @autumnglori
I'm about to finish wtih an anime called The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, it's pretty interesting if you like shows like Gosick..
Anyway.. Since I'm about to be finished, I could use some really good suggestions..
Which anime do I need to watch the most?

Reactions: KokuroNya

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any DBZ fan out there?
Sorry, I was born a bit of an art snob..
Artistic talent runs in the family, so apparently "refined" taste does too. lol
Not that I have anything against other people watching it.. If they can enjoy it, more power to them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not the biggest fan of anime but death note is absolutely amazing. It's on netflix instant que and its one of the best television programs i've ever seen.
Calling all anime fans!
What are your favorite anime's?
Why do you like them?
Subs or Dubs?
What do you like in your animes?
Etc.

Reactions: Zster

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not the biggest fan of anime but death note is absolutely amazing. It's on netflix instant que and its one of the best television programs i've ever seen.
They lost me when my favorite character died.

·
Registered
138 Posts
@KokuroNya @pinkoctopus @autumnglori
I'm about to finish wtih an anime called The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, it's pretty interesting if you like shows like Gosick..
Anyway.. Since I'm about to be finished, I could use some really good suggestions..
Which anime do I need to watch the most?
Is The Mystic Archives of Dantalian the same anime as Dantalian no Shoka? That and Gosick were really enjoyable for me. Have you watched Mirai Nikki before? It's not recommended if you don't like blood and gore, but the plot and the characters leave me speechless.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is The Mystic Archives of Dantalian the same anime as Dantalian no Shoka? That and Gosick were really enjoyable for me. Have you watched Mirai Nikki before? It's not recommended if you don't like blood and gore, but the plot and the characters leave me speechless.
Yes, same anime!
I love that borderline Holmesy gothic/victorian influenced world Dantalian and Gosick provide..
And no, blood doesn't bother me.. My dad is a funeral director, and an ENTJ.. He has stories. lol
I'll be sure to check it out!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts