Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other artists out there?! I'm assuming there will be since we are generally pretty creative! I'm a studio art major, with a concentration in digital art & graphic design, but I also dabble in photography & painting.

Drawing/painting "realistic" things and projects that are very detail oriented or tedious or very involved are my downfall, obviously... hah.

I was also hoping that if there were any other artists, y'all could post some of your work for everyone else to admire! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I try to consider myself an artist, but heh. I'm definitely not the best of 'em. I'm working on it, though. I'm majoring in Fine Arts with a focus on drawing and painting (there's a double major of psychology in there, but that's a different story). I'm improving in my art and form and all that jazz, too. You can find some of my works in the Art Museum section of this forum, under the "Post your artwork" or something of that sort...

Anyways, yeah. You aren't alone at all in this. :)

Reactions: DayDreamerx

·
Registered
828 Posts
My mom's an ENFP painter and poet.

Reactions: veingogh

·
Banned
15 Posts
Hello, viva! I'm an artist, and seem to be testing out as an ENFP. An INFP artist friend of mine turned me onto this site. We'll see how this all flushes out. But know you got commmmmpany!

·
Registered
369 Posts
i grew up doing traditional art all my life but haven't in awhile. I got my BS is computer animation, so most of my art is done in a 3d medium these days. Don't have time to post anything atm but my avatar pic is a self portrait i did with pencil in high school back when i was into "realism"

·
Registered
173 Posts
I went to the Art Institute of Seattle and Graduated in computer animation...after graduation life had difforent plans for me...I still love to draw with my 9 year old son, He thinks Im wizard with a pensil, I luv it!

Id say my largest skill in art is in home decorating.... in fact thats a good thread...I wanna see your houses decorating...I like choosing colors of paint and stone and cabinets and flooring and lights porch garden/yard ect ect I love it thats my art...

·
Registered
1 Posts
ENFP artist

So I am a enfp painter but I am more in abstract art... I though it was because i am a ENFP... I feel drawing is like structure, based on sens and thinking then feeling....

·
Registered
644 Posts
I dabble with painting and the like. I'm better than average but by no means of the standard to do a degree or persue it as a career. I do a mean water coloure, when the mood takes me. I've been known to toy with photography and sculpting.

I used to make clothes and the like, if that counts. I would sometimes create the fabric I wanted using tie dye, and add embelishments like beads ect, but the actual shape of the garments and sowing was very basic. Once again, better than average, but not a budding designer. I just like to play at it.

I've little patience in follow precribed techniques, I prefer to test things out myself ,which I know means I don't go anywhere half as fast, but it's more fun for me. That's the piont to it. I know I could be far better, especially in my sketching, but I simply don't care enought to put in the time or to learn the proper techniques.

Now...the art I take seriousely is my acting and my writing, my soul goes into those. I praptice my writing dayly. Not on and off, as the mood takes me. I focus very much on the techiques of other writers, trying to constantly add new skills to my current range.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I have a diploma in art graphics and I was thinking about going into illustration but then I lost the heart for it and turned to writing. I'm doing a degree in creative writing at the moment.

I have a deviantart account here: umbrellasky's deviantART gallery but I haven't posted anything there in a while.

I also like to write lyrics and play music and sing. My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/madalainemccabe?feature=mhum

:happy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have a diploma in art graphics and I was thinking about going into illustration but then I lost the heart for it and turned to writing. I'm doing a degree in creative writing at the moment.

I have a deviantart account here: umbrellasky's deviantART gallery but I haven't posted anything there in a while.

I also like to write lyrics and play music and sing. My youtube account: YouTube - madalainemccabe's Channel

:happy:
I just looked at some of your artwork, and I really like them. The Snow White one was stunning. :happy:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Umbrellasky, amazing work!! The French Lady is my favorite. :happy:

I forgot I made this thread! If anybody wants to check out some of my things, I have a gallery on my profile page.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
I'm a wannabe photographer.

but I think everyone who owns any sort of camera thinks that... lol.

·
Registered
226 Posts
artistic and creative expression is life for me as an ENFP~
i love to use any artistic instrument i can to express myself.
it seems i'm fond of singing, sketching, i want to get better at painting, poetry/writing,
photography, cosmetology, theatrics, and i love designing things!
one day i wish to get better at all of these artistical expressions.
though i feel i'm not at my best in some of these area's there is no other
feeling like when i'm actually in the act of doing them~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts