Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hang out with my extremely INTP (confirmed Meyers Briggs) friend and he insists that I am an INTP as well. Obviously, I know I am not, confirmed through Meyers Briggs and multiple other tests, and confirmed in the descriptions.

I wonder if enfps, due to our social intuition, do we reflect the people we are around as far as type goes? I mean, if we are around other types do we act more like them to be accommodating to their preferences?

Also, I my friend was saying that N types tend to flock together. It does seem to be the case from my experience, that many of my friends are 'N' types while society is roughly 75% 'S' types.

Does any one else find this true?

·
Registered
815 Posts
ENFPs are more likely to pick up on nonverbal communication styles and act accordingly to make people feel more comfortable. I think we also tend to act like a mirror to make people feel more comfortable.

I know, personally, a lot of people I have been friends with tell me how we are so much alike, but looking back, they were not all ENFPs so we clearly weren't all that alike.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I seem to subconsciously 'hop' into other people's mindsets a a little when interacting with them. It only happens ocassionally though and depends on how comfortable I am with them. The person also has to actually be sharing the conversation rather than letting me do most of the talking. A side note: I tend to mirror people sometimes too eg. adopt their facial expressions, body language etc, especially when enthusiastic about conversing with them. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
i sometimes wonder what it would be like to be any type other than ENFP.. i think this is one of those threads where every ENFP will be like- "yep definitely me..".
i have so many sides to me and i tend to switch them around depending on who i'm talking to.. in fact i find it healthy to hang out with different types to exercise all the sides to me. but i have such a ridiculously open minded view of the world, that even my personality has to be all encompasing- never mind that i like every genre of music and my hobbies are all over the shop.

as an old friend once said to me when i kept trying to make friends with randomers- "you have your finger in every pie don't you?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts