Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do ENFP's find the actor/actress lifestyle appealing?

Benefits:

-A lot of travel
-Meeting a lot of new, creative people
-Understanding a character
-Being directed and supported
-Creativity
-Could branch out into writing, directing, cinematography later on if you choose to
-Notoriety
-Always changing
-A wide array of options when it comes to choosing character/story
-A lot of collaboration

Cons:

-Lack of privacy
-Demanding environment
-Can be very stable/unstable depending on how you choose to live it
-Fake people
-A lot of post-production stuff (Q&A, Interviews, Film festivals, premiere screenings, etc.)

So... let's say you were already an actor and could get work easily, or you know someone who can get you quality auditions very easily, you were provided with an acting coach to coach you through all of the training to understand how to act, would you want this lifestyle or not?

If so, why? If not, why?

Please and thank you.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The post-production stuff is what would really get me, I get really drained after a series of superficial social interactions make that my routine, and I just can't do it. Answering the same questions, holding the same smile, being away from my family and friends for months at a time. After I just spent all those months filming a freakin' movie. It would break me

·
Registered
55 Posts
No interest personally, I just don't find anything overly fun about it. I like being myself too much I guess <3

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I would totally want that lifestyle.

Reactions: Mr. Svante

·
Registered
15,895 Posts
My passion is acting and that would be my dream job (I was in theater in both hs and college) unfortunately the pay isn't well - and I'm not that talented - however I wouldn't mind that lifestyle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I would love to work as an actress. Though it does depends by the project I'm going to work in. I mean I love to be a character. Though not a random character. I would like to choose it depending on my mood. And also while in the project I could feel tired of it and I could think I want to change something or to restart with a new character.
I mean these project are usually too long works. And also since the project is not all yours you should be responsible for all the lenght of it and work as they tell you to. That could be draining and could take your freedom away. I would hate that.
It would be an amazing job if I was able to accept limits this work have

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I would definitely have loved it. I watched all the "inside the actors studio" and I was fascinated about the way actors talk about their craft. It's definitely something that I can resonate with, and it would have been great if I'd had the opportunity.

It's something that you pretty much have to start at an early age though unfortunately- it only really peaked my interest around 19/20. If it had occurred to me at even 15-16 I might well have pursued it. I felt like I was pretty good for a novice when I tried it, and I got pretty big laughs in a comedy play I did in particular, but it takes years to hone (Brad Pitt was god-awful in his first audition tapes) and I don't think it's viable unless you start at least around 16-17 at latest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts