Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit more than a week ago, I started texting this ENTJ dude who seemed pretty into me. We began to talk every day, he was very flirtatious, blah blah blah. We made plans and hung out a few days ago and it went along great, I think. We talked for hours and had a lot of fun. I'm usually awkward with new people (social anxiety) but I felt very calm around him. He was easy to talk to, and we joked around a lot. It wasn't anything romantic, but we still had a nice day.

After I left, he texted me saying that he would like go on an actual date sometime. I was hesitant at first; I had just recently gone through a breakup and I was going through a bit of confusion on whether I actually wanted to start seeing other people or not. So I was honest, I told him "maybe sometime", and explained how I was still getting over my breakup. He was understanding.

Well, I gave myself a couple days to ponder over it, and I realized I actually wouldn't mind going on a date with him. I was considering jumping into the whole dating scene soon anyways, he's a nice guy, and we click pretty well, so why not? So after a few days of not talking too much, I told him I would like to go on a date, and he seemed pretty happy about it.

Thing is, I feel like things are awkward now for whatever reason. We haven't made any actual definite plans yet, and we haven't been messaging each other as much as when we first started talking. I mean, he is a busy guy, but I feel like he lost interest in talking to me, which is just making me feel all confused because of the whole date discussion. I also haven't really been messaging him first that much, because I don't want to bother him... but I possibly could be appearing too distant & uninterested?
Should I just give him some time? Should I initiate something? Maybe make some plans? Or should I wait for him to make plans? I don't want to smother him or anything.

I'm probably just overthinking it, because I'm still pretty new to this dating/relationship stuff... my last relationship went on for 2 years and it was a little toxic, and the relationships I had before that weren't really too serious (I'm 17 going on 18 so y'know, it was a little different.) And on top of that, I've never known an ENTJ before and I just can't understand how they work. ;___; Some advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
If you're into him, let him know - reach out first sometimes, try to strike up a conversation. If he's non-responsive, he's probably over it, but if not he's probably just busy. If I'm into someone and they don't make an effort, I eventually just cut my losses and leave. Actions mean a lot more to me than words. I was even more likely to do this when I was younger. However, the likelihood is he's just busy, and you might be overthinking the awkwardness. :) If there really is a connection, whatever awkwardness there is will probably go away if you just reach out and act like you normally would.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
You've effectively told him that you're either not into him or that you're not ready to date so he's backed off. Contact him and tell him you've changed your mind. Better yet, suggest a date, time and place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts