Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP 3w4 359 sp/sx
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is more or less self-explanatory, right? XD
... I'm interested in finding some credible resources for research and study, but don't know exactly where to start. Preferably any recommendations would be relatively free from preset religious schemas; although I'm open to pretty much anything at this point. Subjects specifically could be about the functions of debate, cognitive function, game theory, etc.

What have you read that's influenced your point of view, or has given you ample insight into the mechanics of decision-making and/or a personal perceptual set? I'm curious, but there's just an overload of information to sort through, and I'm relatively clueless. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
339 Posts
My suggestion is to take a look at the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. You can find a good summary of current philosophical debates (they are sort by topics). Information are presented in a semi-unbiased way, and there's a wide bibliography.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
Let’s hope that Jesus loves you – because only someone from his family that has created the more or less reputable ENFP type can transform such a nightmarish collection of words into a question that can after all be answered by humans of the NT type.

·
Registered
ENFP 3w4 359 sp/sx
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Ermenegildo
Are you suggesting the Bible as your preferred recommendation? Or?

*smirks*

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
The principles of philosophy, Rene descartes - I recommend starting off with.

(The rest in no particular order);

Quentin Meillassoux: Philosophy in the Making (Speculative Realism)

The Problems of Philosophy, by Bertrand Russell

Three Dialogues on Knowledge by Paul K. Feyerabend (1991-08-26)

Difference and Repetition by Gilles Deleuze

·
Registered
ENFP 3w4 359 sp/sx
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all so much for your suggestions! @Catwalk -- A formidable list you have there... impressive! :blushed:

Reactions: Catwalk

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quentin Meillassoux: Philosophy in the Making (Speculative Realism)

Difference and Repetition by Gilles Deleuze
I've been looking for a good philosophy book in french (not a translation) for a while. As far as I can tell the first of these is in english. It's weird how everybody writes in english these days.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
I've been looking for a good philosophy book in french (not a translation) for a while. As far as I can tell the first of these is in english. It's weird how everybody writes in english these days.
I wish I were [not confined] to mere English translations (and sifting through reliable translator(s)) - and would prefer to read (most of my books & essays) in the original language. Having taken 3 year(s) of French, I still only able to nitpick. :ambivalence: There are [quite] a few French philosopher(s) I think you will enjoy - Descartes, Deleuze, et al are certainly not my favorites; but are good starts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think Games that Human Play may answer your wants very fittingly.

Reactions: Eugenia Shepherd

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you want to understand "cognitive functions" or "functions of the mind" as it was called at the time, try finding some texts that try to explain Kants Critique of pure reason, or Humes An inquiry concerning human understanding, for starters.
Hegels Phenomenology of spirit is supposed to answer all of our questions concerning what is it to "be". Maybe take a look into Heidegger and Husserl afterwards.

These are one of the hardest books written in the history of literature. I am very doubtful ENFPs have the concentration powers to withstand such complex ideas. These books are meant for the intellectual elite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts