Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your experiences with ENTPs? Impressions? Do you think you're a good match (not necessarily in a romantic way)? What characteristics did you and did you not like?
Thanks.

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
What are your experiences with ENTPs? Impressions? Do you think you're a good match (not necessarily in a romantic way)? What characteristics did you and did you not like?
Thanks.
My dad , bff and a close friend are entps - along with my hs sweetheart . I get along really well with entps- I enjoy the crude humor and since I have an extremely carefree personality it seems like only the entps gets it - my impression of entps are that they're really witty, creative and understanding . I think enfp and entp mane great friends as for relationships as long as the enfp isn't needy/emotional then the relationship could work out very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
Limited experience - I've only known two. But I'm pretty lukewarm on them. The irreverent humour can be funny, yes...But the two I've known, both guy friends, were pretty arrogant. I found their attitudes biting and hurtful at times, but at other times they made for creative conversationalists.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I get along and don't get along with ENTPs. When I'm hypomanic I definitely turn into a stereotypical ENTP so I can't really hate them, and for a little while I thought I was an ENTP (I was hypomanic when I was typed that way) but I'm eh towards them. It's like, I love them for being confident but at the same time they often seem so smug to me and I don't care for it.
I guess if I knew the ENTP and they weren't assholes, then of course I would get along with them, but from afar, they would probably just rub me the wrong way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
One of my best friends is an ENTP, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her :) She is creative, intelligent, smart, funny, carefree, spontaneous, everything I love!! Although I need more affection than her, shes able to respect that, and I respect that she sometimes find me quite emotional :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My boyfriend is an ENTP and given the fact he's warm for an ENTP and I'm cold for a ENFP we actually match great! I've always appreciated and related to ENTPs to a certain extent with their sense of humor and never ending ideas (NE problems.) At the end of the day I see through his "intelligent cocky asshole" facade and he sees through my stubborn firey one. It's not even just a romantic relationship thing, he's also my best friend and the only person who's figured out the complexity of my mind and vise versa. I think at the end of the day we both have a hard time committing to something that's boring to us, which is the reason neither of us really had long term relationships before hand. We met each other and it was always way more of a challenge than a drag and neither of us would ever turn down a challenge.

·
Banned
133 Posts
I kind of swing back and forth between ENFP and ENTP (pretty sure I'm an ENTP - the T/F is kind of close though).

The interactions are certainly never dull, that's for sure. There can definitely be some friction (we can come off as assholes to them, and they can be kind of flighty and irrational to us), but it's usually pretty much a Fun Train.

I'm kind of curious as to what ENFP's would think of this brewing Ne storm : http://personalitycafe.com/entp-forum-visionaries/801849-enxp-house.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts