Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so let me explain. I KNOW some of you ENTPs are about to say in disgust, "WHAT?! This girl can't be the same type as me!" but hear me out.

I KNOW I'm Ne dominant. It's a fact. I've analyzed myself to the point of thinking I'm some un-typable person. I used to consider ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, ISFP, and ENFJ as possibilities for my type. But, like I said, I'm Ne dominant.

I think I might be an ENTP because actually, I am pretty cold. PerC is just my fuzzy insides, but on the outside I'm very direct and witty, and a loudmouth. Today my grandma said to me, "You're not sentimental or warm and fuzzy like your sister and I." I know I get annoyed when people think of pure feelings and try to back them up with logic like they have any to begin with (and they don't.)

Also, I know I love arguing. NOTHING boosts my ego like winning a good argument. In health class we were talking about off topic things such as "1000 Ways to Die" and I said "If people enjoy watching that, wouldn't that make them kind of sadistic?" Of course, the smartass ENTJ (all types have a smartass) in our class started arguing with me while everyone just sat there an wondered what that means. I won and I knew I had better logic so my ego jumped out of the ceiling and did a forward roll. XD

Anyway, I'd like to get your input. Thanks

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
based on my base-less opinion your an ENFP. the example you made at the end is an Ethical argument, and while ethics aren't illogical they aren't the same as more purely "thinker" kind of things. Your ennegram doesn't really fit very well with ENTP either. You can be smart and witty and still be a Feeler, the impression i gave to many people who didn't know me closely was being just smart and stuff
I'm sure some people can explain the functions and shit but that just my opinion!

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
I have the exact same doubts.

One of my friends told me that the thing with the Dreamers' category is that we are stronger feelers, but that we can switch to thinking at will, basically using objective logic to make descisions and argue points.

Also, I'm like you. I LOVE to debate.

The last thing I have to say is that ENFP is introverted feeling. Our order looks like this...

Extroverted Intuition
Introverted Feeling
Extroverted Thinking (which is why we seem to use thinking a lot)
Introverted Sensing

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I'm going to hazard a guess, and say ENFP. Everything you mentioned can apply to either type, and I didn't see anything that stood out to me as being typical of an ENTP. Plus, there is the fact that your enneatype is very uncommon for ENTPs, but I've seen it fairly often in ENFPs.

Having said that, I'll wait and see if any evidence to the contrary pops up.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've also typed ENTP a few times, and I would probably question myself as an ENFP did I not have a very close friend who is an ENTP. We are very similar, and I think many ENFPs can come out in tests as ENTPs when they're healthy, but utimately we don't have exactly the same sensibilities. While ENTPs are credited with being direct and witty, a large majority of ENFPs are, too :) I am definitely not as sentimental and dreamy as my XNFJ sister or some other ENFPs I've run into, but I understand the emotions of other people better than my ENTP friend, who understands herself pretty well but can't read others. I also like arguing/debating, and I think this is more of an ENFP Te trait than ENTP's Ti.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Fi/Te vs Ti/Fe now, huh? :)

@MuChApArAdOx, @Swordsman of Mana, and I are all examples of ENFPs who are exhilarated by debate :p I dare say that the three of us have been perceived as cold at times, and well, maybe sometimes we actually are x) I understand how you could consider ENTP for your type as I myself have questioned my own type for the same reasons. In the end though, it boils down to cognitive functions. I still lean toward ENFP for you simply because I've observed Fi and Te from you as opposed to Ti and Fe. If you want, I can go back through some old posts of yours and point out specific instances when you've used those functions :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It's harder to type yourself the younger you are. It's not that it's impossible, but just that school and other things force you to look at life in a certain way. Until you've lived out on your own for a while it's a lot harder to find out who you are. When you're fending for yourself you start to realize just who you are, but it takes a lot of trial and error. And then there's the thought that the types themselves aren't quite perfect. I know I'm a Ne user, but everything past that is open to interpretation. I have a feeling once someone's settled on a career and is able to relax without worrying about the future, everything else will fall into place. This probably doesn't help too much and you might already know yourself quite well, but these are just some of the things I've been thinking about.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
As you mature your brain is developing too. I won't count out ENTP for you, i also won't confirm ENFP :) Until you fully develop psychologically i won't assume anything.I can't help but keep in mind , you're 15. I've seen my 18yr nephew change drastically over the past few years. What i would have typed him then can't be any further from what i've typed him today. Fi is typically cold, or brash for those who use very little Fe, like myself. Ti can look cold and brash also, both are subjective and can be quite stubborn. Fe-Fi is more visible during debates, serious communication and confrontation. Te wouldn't be really obvious for you at this stage of the game. Your preference as an ENFP wouldn't be leaning towards Te at 15 :)

Personally i believe one can't get an accurate or probable of type until over the age of 18. I also have issues with people who come to PerC and ask people to type their kids, some as young as 5Yr old. So stupid of them really. They don't take a psychological stance and believe its logical to type those who have only developed such a small portion of the brain. I've talked with psychologist about MBTI and brain development, I agree with them 100% that an accurate and probable stance should only be taken in account after the age of 18. So with that said, i enjoy you regardless of how you function and don't have a real opinion either way.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
As you mature your brain is developing too. I won't count out ENTP for you, i also won't confirm ENFP :) Until you fully develop psychologically i won't assume anything.I can't help but keep in mind , you're 15. I've seen my 18yr nephew change drastically over the past few years. What i would have typed him then can't be any further from what i've typed him today. Fi is typically cold, or brash for those who use very little Fe, like myself. Ti can look cold and brash also, both are subjective and can be quite stubborn. Fe-Fi are more visible during debates, serious communication and confrontation. Te wouldn't be really obvious for you at his stage of the game. Your preference as an ENFP wouldn't be leaning towards Te at 15 :)

Personally i believe one can't get an accurate or probable of type until over the age of 18. I also have issues with people who come to PerC and ask people to type their kids, some as young as 5Yr old. So stupid of them really. They don't take a psychological stance and believe its logical to type those who have only developed such a small portion of the brain. I've talked with psychologist about MBTI and brain development, I agree with them 100% that an accurate and probably stance should only be taken in account after the age of 18. So with that said, i enjoy you regardless of how you function and don't have a real opinion either way.
she's a 2w3 So/Sx, not a cold, sinister 7w8 Sp/Sx (like us hehehe)
there's going to be a difference in the manifestation of Fi

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Also, our cognitive functions are not things that suddenly develop out of nowhere as we grow older. I think they develop as in we learn to master them better/become more aware of them, but we still use them when we are younger. I actually think I used my Te more when I was in elementary school more than any other time. I want it to come back and it is, but so slowly...

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
I think I might be an ENTP because actually, I am pretty cold. PerC is just my fuzzy insides, but on the outside I'm very direct and witty, and a loudmouth. Today my grandma said to me, "You're not sentimental or warm and fuzzy like your sister and I." I know I get annoyed when people think of pure feelings and try to back them up with logic like they have any to begin with (and they don't.)

Also, I know I love arguing. NOTHING boosts my ego like winning a good argument. In health class we were talking about off topic things such as "1000 Ways to Die" and I said "If people enjoy watching that, wouldn't that make them kind of sadistic?" Of course, the smartass ENTJ (all types have a smartass) in our class started arguing with me while everyone just sat there an wondered what that means. I won and I knew I had better logic so my ego jumped out of the ceiling and did a forward roll. XD
Just wanted to point out that none of those statements exempt you from being an ENFP in any way.

My ENFP friend is exactly like the things you mentioned. I actually have interesting debates with him. He comes across as colder to people than my ENTP cousin, for example, and I believe this is simply because he uses Fi to describe how he feels or what he wants. The ENTP will use Fe to appear a lot nicer on the outside (in general) by avoiding things that makes him sound impolite.

I don't know you well, and others have pointed out that you are young, so this may affect things. But your posts seem to have an Fi flavouring to them from what little I've seen.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Okay, so let me explain. I KNOW some of you ENTPs are about to say in disgust, "WHAT?! This girl can't be the same type as me!" but hear me out.

I KNOW I'm Ne dominant. It's a fact. I've analyzed myself to the point of thinking I'm some un-typable person. I used to consider ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, ISFP, and ENFJ as possibilities for my type. But, like I said, I'm Ne dominant.

Anyway, I'd like to get your input. Thanks

It's not an exact science, one test shows me very close to ENFP. You're probably still maturing, and it doesn't matter all that much.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fi/Te vs Ti/Fe now, huh? :)

I still lean toward ENFP for you simply because I've observed Fi and Te from you as opposed to Ti and Fe. If you want, I can go back through some old posts of yours and point out specific instances when you've used those functions :)
Could you? :D Sorry if it's too tedious x)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't think it matters. You can label yourself ENxP if that suits you more!
Not everyone follows the exact order of functions.

My Fi and Ti are pretty much equal and both are much stronger than my Fe or Te. And my Ni is pretty even with my Ne (and much stronger than my Fi/Ti) so I get "mistyped" as an INFP or INTP a lot. But really I just *embrace* the Ne more :) Also since it's extraverted, I'm sure people experience the Ne most. All those introverted functions I normally keep to myself. Maybe I will change as I get older. Who knows?

Just keep on being a "Smileygirl". It makes the world a brighter place :)

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
"You're not sentimental or warm and fuzzy like your sister and I."
Fi (which belongs to ENFPs) is not too fuzzy actually. Raise your hand if you are an ENFP and have problem expressing emotion.

That being said, the evidence is yet not clear on whether you are ENFP or ENTP.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts