1. I am bitter, I have experiences in my past which have made me emotionally unfit.@Six. You seem kind of bitter. From what you wrote in regards to not understanding the way Fi experiences itself Id say you don’t understand it and maybe you’re not ready to know how very different the experience of it is from your own experience. As for what you’re observing Is say there is a individual tolerance that is not universal for each type for things like bitterness, disappointment, happiness, sadness, purity and that is inside of each type On the individual level, although there are generalities about each type that can be made. For instance I read an article on psychology today talking about studies that showed that introverts tolerate less joy for shorter periods of time than extroverts, seeing it as a type of instability. I thought I wrote well for a range of self-hatred and how that works in Fi people, but it is definitelly a range as there is self-understanding and self-acceptance. Let me know when you actually want to understand, maybe. I’m feeling like my effort was wasted on you at this time.
2. As a result of that emotional unfitness, I'm incapable of understanding.
3. Because I'm so inferior at understanding - it's not even worth your time explaining it to me - you're that far beyond and above.
4. Underlying all of that, is the self-evident truth that what you're saying has merit, as it is a self-evident display of lacking ability and emotional well-being if someone doesn't respond to what you say with abject praise.
Honestly? I'd feel bad about myself if I allowed myself to think along those lines, fortunately I don't - it's possibly one reason amongst many I don't hate myself.
And I'm sure you'd feel it's being mean to point out what you just did - or to point out that I think the likelier issue is there's a slightly petulant aspect of you which was expecting some gushing praise and instead in disappointment lashed out when it didn't get it.
However I'm just visiting your emotions same as you did - I'll credit myself as thinking I'm a tiny bit better at it.
If I fail to understand self-hatred it's not because there's something wrong with me - that's the irony here, self-hatred:
1. Is useless and produces no good effect.
2. It harms the person who suffers from it.
3. It makes that person ineffective.
4. It puts burdens on others as a result.
By all standards it's a disease - my inability to see its validity is not an indicator of some fault in myself, anymore than I as a neurotic who'll worry over things constantly am simply surrounded by people who are emotionally faulty because they can't understand what it's like to ambiently, naturally speculate about negative things.
It's a height of hubris I'm sure could only come out of someone who believes their emotional schema should revolve around itself in isolation to and difference from others as though they're special - it's little wonder it yields self-hatred, that's a lingering awareness that schema is incorrect.
And I'm not even going to touch the stuff on Fe-types blaming the world for their problems, that's a misappraisal so dramatic it makes me wonder how many you've actually met.
And I don't want to be mean here - but, hey, I have Fi in the Critical Parent position, I'm just saying "My Truth" - lol, I'm sure I could have gushed however it would have been inauthentic and we all know how much you strong Fi types value that too - I'm sure either way it's MY fault.
If you want to reset for a chat where you don't mind me disagreeing, I'm happy to give you my best effort at understanding - however you have to meet me half way instead of writing me off as an incompetent - that's fair.