2. Empathize with victim
3. Get the sense that I seem too clingy/ smothery
4. Get asked the question, "Why do you like me?" by victim

Is that just me? :shocked:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Say whaaaat...
I THINK I may know what you're getting at but if I'm wrong... Well, this will be awkward (and if so I pinky promise I'm blushing!)

Yeah that doesn't happen much with me, I mean step 1 and 3 a little yeah, but I don't normally get asked WHY (maybe I just don't know many people that direct) and I also don't really empathize with them either like I just get the urge to like... Ingest their mind into mine and completely understand them.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Empathizing to me is like making a sandwich: Only for very special guysss. I really don't ever do this...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like spicy sandwiches, I like spicy anything. Spice is my life.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Reubens are supreme sandwiches, but god knows I can't make sauerkraut and I wouldn't keep corned beef around for any other reason

I have no qualms against dumping sriracha sauce on every sandwich, though

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
My pattern tends to go like:
1. Meet sandwich.
2. Want to know whats in the sandwich and everything about it (possibly to the point of silently obsessing about it).
3. Force myself to be patient and wait until the right time (lunch time... Don't want to ruin my appetite). While still obsessing about the amazing life we will have together.
4. At the right time (when sandwich is comfortable enough in my company and hoping I haven't scared it off), eat sandwich.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My pattern tends to go like:
1. Meet sandwich.
2. Want to know whats in the sandwich and everything about it (possibly to the point of silently obsessing about it).
3. Force myself to be patient and wait until the right time (lunch time... Don't want to ruin my appetite). While still obsessing about the amazing life we will have together.
4. At the right time (when sandwich is comfortable enough in my company and hoping I haven't scared it off), eat sandwich.
Revenge is a dish best served cold ;o;

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to think revenge was a cool idea. But I think it's more different people wanting different things than it is conflict of interest.

Anyhow, I guess my answer to my question is that, based on the incredibly small sample-size, it's not an ENFP thing to form attachments in the specific way I do. I tend to get really excited when I really, really like someone.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Anyhow, I guess my answer to my question is that, based on the incredibly small sample-size, it's not an ENFP thing to form attachments in the specific way I do. I tend to get really excited when I really, really like someone.
Yeah uh, isn't that everyone?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well considering I'm one of the most emotionally reserved types (actually, do ISTPs get this stereotype too?) and I get that way, it's not a stretch to say that most people get like that regardless of type.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well considering I'm one of the most emotionally reserved types (actually, do ISTPs get this stereotype too?) and I get that way, it's not a stretch to say that most people get like that regardless of type.
But not everyone in my type gets that way, according to this thread...

So, attachment-style is independent of type. I always wondered if it was my Fi that was at fault for pedestalizing. It's prolly just some people are more independent Pine Sol lady, and some people are more "clingy". I don't think there's anything wrong with either one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thought processes and behavior are two different beasts that can manifest very differently.

For example, I try to keep my romantic interests a bit at arm's length. It's not a game or any kind of manipulation tactic. My issue is that the more I'm attracted to somebody, the more my mind thinks and fixates too much on them, and the more I need to hold myself back before I say or do anything inappropriate. In other words, I need time and space in order to sort out my emotions and keep them under control. It's "independent" behavior, but "clingy" thought process, and inferior Fe being a monster when it manifests.

It would be interesting to hear input from other people.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thought processes and behavior are two different beasts that can manifest very differently.

For example, I try to keep my romantic interests a bit at arm's length. It's not a game or any kind of manipulation tactic. My issue is that the more I'm attracted to somebody, the more my mind thinks and fixates too much on them, and the more I need to hold myself back before I say or do anything inappropriate. In other words, I need time and space in order to sort out my emotions and keep them under control. It's "independent" behavior, but "clingy" thought process, and inferior Fe being a monster when it manifests.

It would be interesting to hear input from other people.
I don't even think personality type has everything to do with that either. But I agree, I'd like to see more responses.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts