Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See, since finding out about the different types and stuff, I've asked a few people close to me to take the test just to see what they got. Two of my closest guy friends, both of whom I've had crushes on but have never actually been involved with or anything, got INFP which I thought was sorta cool and explained a lot - like why I was attracted to them but also maybe why it wouldn't work. But last year I started gong with a guy I barely new and withing 6 weeks I was sick of him! Really nice guy, but all he ever wanted to do was talk privately about our feelings. And now I gotta say he mostly pisses me off. But I just asked him to take the test, and he got INFP too which was sorta weird. So I ws just wondering whether any other ENFPs have had/wanted relationships with INFPs and how it worked out for them?

lovexxx

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Yea... I could....this sounds odd.... but I could honestly see it working out as friends with benefits if both parties were into that kinda thing. I think it's possible to be in a serious relationship with one too. Just depends on the individuals. But yea sometimes our difference collide.

Reactions: rowingineden

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realised I posted this without clarifying that the ex got INFP too - d'oh! >.< ah well, changed it now :)

anways, idk, I usually find INFPs make great friends - I love the two who I'm just mates with because they're so funny and inventive, but at the same time we can have loads of really important conversations and I feel like I can tell them anything. Whereas with one of my close ENFP friends it can sometimes be really difficult to comunicate because we always want to be the one talking :tongue: but I was really surprised when I found out that my ex was an INFP. I mean...he's sort of boring. Like, he was always talking about how "Scared" he was of change, especially with the relationship, and six weeks later he was still telling me that it was taking him a while to get used to it - to was a bit of a bummer for the poor guy when I dumped him at that point haha. Sorry, that seemed a bit heartless didn't it? He's fine now, it's all good. But anyways I guess I'm just kind of interested in the differences between the two types. Or if maybe he didn't do the test right, haha :) xxx

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I just realised I posted this without clarifying that the ex got INFP too - d'oh! >.< ah well, changed it now :)

anways, idk, I usually find INFPs make great friends - I love the two who I'm just mates with because they're so funny and inventive, but at the same time we can have loads of really important conversations and I feel like I can tell them anything. Whereas with one of my close ENFP friends it can sometimes be really difficult to comunicate because we always want to be the one talking :tongue: but I was really surprised when I found out that my ex was an INFP. I mean...he's sort of boring. Like, he was always talking about how "Scared" he was of change, especially with the relationship, and six weeks later he was still telling me that it was taking him a while to get used to it - to was a bit of a bummer for the poor guy when I dumped him at that point haha. Sorry, that seemed a bit heartless didn't it? He's fine now, it's all good. But anyways I guess I'm just kind of interested in the differences between the two types. Or if maybe he didn't do the test right, haha :) xxx
ummm.... ok so... it's kind of like....

one stimuli = ()

this represents a feeling judgment made on the stimuli

(.)

INFP's do...

(....)

ENFP's do...

(.) (.) (.) (.)

So you guys cover a lot more area with less judgment while we judge one stimuli much more before we move on to the next stimuli.

This is why he seemed boring. He wasn't moving as quickly as you in terms of jumping from one stimuli to the next cause he was busy back there judging older stimuli.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, thehigher, that makes SO much sense! I dated an ENFP guy for a year and one thing that really pissed me off was that he was always jumping from one thing to the next while I was still getting used to the last stimuli! For example, he would one day really want to be a cop, and I would just be processing that and thinking about what an awesome cop he'd be and how that would affect our relationship in the future etc, then suddenly he would change his mind and say, nah I wanna study business now! And then I would get disappointed because I was starting to really like the idea of him being a cop... but quickly get over it because I supported whatever made him happy :)

I also at times felt like I was too boring for him because I am "slow" to move on to new ideas and prefer to delve into the deepest depths of an idea which can take aaages, totally understand why my ex ENFP would get bored of that, it's frustrating for me, too!

Still love you enfp's though, you guys are amazing and you know it! :tongue:

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Never really been in proper friendship (I know this is about "relationships" but oh well) with an ENFP before.
But the little contact I have had with ENFP's, was like a syringe full of Ne stabbed into my head.

They definitely know how to bring out my Ne.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have an amazing ENFP girlfriend. She doesn't seem to have volume control but I think that is nice!

Reactions: chinotto

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you keep getting attracted to INFPs that means its sort of your soul mate type.

I had the wrong belief that we have to pick someone very different. I was wrong.
Some people need more different people compared to them (e.g. ENFP + INTJ) some people need people more similar to them (e.g. ENFP + INFP)

I just discovered this by completing an elaborated test about whole this and it solved my issues with the fact that most of my girlfriends were mainly ENFPs (usually 7s) and the rest INFJs (usually 1s). Yeap and it answers my questions of why I don't seem to get close to any female T type no matter what it is ENTJ/INTJ. As guy friends most of them are T, my best friends are ENTJ/ENTP/ESTP but women I just can deal with them, I"m way too competitive and dominating and I always want to have my way.

Anyway just don't worry about some INFPs , just meet the one that has his shit together.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I was with an INFP in college. The INFP is now one of my closest friends, but the relationship was a trainwreck. Somehow about 15 minutes into the relationship, it was somehow assumed we were basically life partners!? and we were doing crazy future Ne projections up the yin-yang.

We ended up having arguments all the time about crazy theoretical crap, like about lifestyle choice stuff or whatever, and half the time I don't even know what we were arguing about.

Finally I had to break it off and the INFP got SO MAD at me. I think the INFP had some attachment issues in general, at the time.

We both did a lot of personal work and 5-8 years later became super super great friends, I treasure this friendship.

I think it can work --- just be careful about going Ne Bananas together! Try to ground things and take it a day at a time in terms of relationship expectations.

Problems I sometimes have with INFPs:
  • I feel like I overwhelm them w/ how much I talk.
  • They sometimes have secret ideas in their head that I can't get out.
  • They are sensitive!
  • Sometimes they get Waaaaaay theoretical, even worse than me, and get majorly stuck in their heads!

Awesome things I appreciate about INFPs:
  • Idealism makes them fun to work with!
  • Nerdiness!!!
  • Creativity! The one I was with -- their creative powers, and integrity, totally blew my mind and still do.
  • Better at taking care of themselves, taking quiet time, creating comfy spaces, etc than I am (it seems). They help me chill.
  • Surprising senses of humor : )
  • As idealists, we understand the pain/struggle of trying to do your best and execute your wild visions when working in imperfect systems. This is an important way we can support each other!

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you keep getting attracted to INFPs that means its sort of your soul mate type.

I had the wrong belief that we have to pick someone very different. I was wrong.
Some people need more different people compared to them (e.g. ENFP + INTJ) some people need people more similar to them (e.g. ENFP + INFP)

I just discovered this by completing an elaborated test about whole this and it solved my issues with the fact that most of my girlfriends were mainly ENFPs (usually 7s) and the rest INFJs (usually 1s). Yeap and it answers my questions of why I don't seem to get close to any female T type no matter what it is ENTJ/INTJ. As guy friends most of them are T, my best friends are ENTJ/ENTP/ESTP but women I just can deal with them, I"m way too competitive and dominating and I always want to have my way.

Anyway just don't worry about some INFPs , just meet the one that has his shit together.
Ditto. I believe the whole NT/NF connection works better when NT is a male

·
Registered
91 Posts
I definitely have some sort of draw to INFPs. I think whether we are compatible simply depends on both individuals desires to work through their differences.

Reactions: uniqueh

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I find that most people (this includes me) have good relationships with others who are similar and not different in nature.
Soooo with that being said :D ENFP, INFP, INFJ are really awesome to be with ! S and T types are awesome too :), mainly depends on what you need and want.

I'm in love with someone and she is ENFP. There are other ENFPs that I can't see myself with. She is just amazing :crazy:!!! Forget the type and see the person as a whole :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts