Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! So I'm asking for a little input one last time on my ENFP or INFP. I'm still torn between the two. I could be an ENFP, but here are the some of the things that make me wonder if I'm more INFP. Could you help me out? :happy:

-I was a cautious child. I didn't walk or ride bikes until later than most. I was never a daredevil of any sort.
-I was also kind of shy when I was little. I had trouble making friends, and at one point I even had to be in a "lunch bunch" group. (The group was trying to teach friendship making skills.)
-At recess, I often played alone. I skipped around the playground like it was my little dream paradise. I actually preferred indoor recess so I could draw or write stories.
-I believe my Fi was pretty developed for my age. I journaled about my place in the world and who I was. I remember writing about the distress I felt about being "meaner than usual."
-I was described as easygoing, sensitive, and a peacemaker. I often got the short straw of my family.
-I dislike small talk--the weather, what classes I'm taking, the monotony of day-to-day life.
-I avoid conversing with strangers. It makes me uncomfortable.
-Of stranger interaction, I dread most the conversations with manicurists or barbers. (You can't escape that way!)
-After prolonged socializing with people I'm not that close to, I feel the need to get away and end the interaction.
-I'm often very quiet at first (teachers have confirmed this). I then open up after a bit of time.
-I can get overstimulated.
-Small group discussions are preferable to large group discussions.
-Sometimes I'm energized simply by thinking about who I am, or being myself--whether that means being alone or with other people.

Thanks! <3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not quite sure if you're supposed to be in the 'what's my personality' section instead, but there's what I personally gleaned from the details you've provided here alone:

You sound more like an Fi-Dom than an Ne-Dom. I could agree with most of your list, but you seem less comfortable with talking to strangers or making small talk. I personally had zero problems talking to strangers throughout my life (to the point that, looking back, I wonder how much danger I was in, going up to random people and talking to them). I did have trouble making friends, but it was never because I was shy. I don't mind small talk--I don't exactly favor it, but I think it has it's uses. When I'm at the salon, usually I'm the one who initiates conversation because the silence makes me uncomfortable. Of course, not ALL ENFPs will be super outgoing, and maybe there's an enneagram thing going on too. But from what you've listed above, I see maybe one instance of Ne use, one instance of Si, one instance of Te as a weakness, but a looooot of Fi examples.

Sometimes focusing on what your weakest function is can help instead of only looking towards the Dominant. Are you better with...trivia? Or...cold cut logic? If you compare my INFP friend and me, he is MUCH more versed in random facts than I am. On the other hand, I tend to be more grounded and practical. When an INFP is unhealthy, they might focus too hard on their Te, trying to GET THINGS DONE but more like becoming controlling or almost tantrum-y. An ENFP might get too caught up in their Si, trying to become ridiculously detailed in their routine, or starting to sink into negative experiences of their past.

But type is something that YOU have to decide on, in the end. c; Good luck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@roselett Yeah, thanks for your input! Technically this would go in the "what's my type" forum, but I guess I specifically wanted input from the ENFPs. :)

Reactions: roselett
1 - 3 of 3 Posts