Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!
I just discovered that I am an ENFP, and things suddenly make SO much sense. You are my people. :D

I know that one aspect of ENFPs is our wide array of interests and hobbies. What are you into?

I'll start. I'm 17, a nondenominational Christian, from the swamps of Fl. I am a blacksmith by hobby (Not very good, but it's fun.), a steampunk appreciator, postapocalyptic nut, colorblind, soap maker, all-natural cologne/aftershave/deodorant/bugspray/hairspray maker and user, bow tie wearing, straight razor shaving fellow.

I am in apprenticeship to become a dealer of antiques, particularly oddities and weaponry.

I have been to Beijing once before, and I really hope to make it back within a few years, to dwell there for a few months.

I am currently DMing a D and D 3.5 game.

My musical tastes are all over the board, covering Irish and English folk songs (Pre-1800's if I can help it.), sea shanties, drinking songs, electroswing, world music, Mongolian folk, and obnoxiously noisy dubstep that drives my poor ISFJ sister up the wall.

Eccentric historical events are the bee's knees, as well as historical and modern weaponry and tactics, despite my being very nonviolent. (Not pacifistic, though.)

What about you folks?:)

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
How do you write a Steampunk novel? Is it illustrated?
Mmm pretty much the same way you write any other genre of fiction. There are quite a few Steampunk novels around – in fact the Steampunk concept originated in literature before it became popular culture. Not sure if it will be illustrated or not... we’ll see.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Mmm pretty much the same way you write any other genre of fiction. There are quite a few Steampunk novels around – in fact the Steampunk concept originated in literature before it became popular culture. Not sure if it will be illustrated or not... we’ll see.
Oh! Okay, so it's not just technology in movies and music videos being anachronistic? Had no idea there was a whole literary genre centered around it. Do you have any favorite novels written in that style?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh! Okay, so it's not just technology in movies and music videos being anachronistic? Had no idea there was a whole literary genre centered around it. Do you have any favorite novels written in that style?
Steampunk is, in a short explanation, Victorian visions of the future! (Note: Not just gluing gears to random crap. ;) ) There are a few other punks, for example, Dieselpunk is a 40's-60's view of the future (Fallout, Iron Giant).

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a classic old example of early Steampunk. Some modern ones would be "Leviathan", and "Infernal Devices". (Note, I have not read either, so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. Neverending "to-read" list, anybody?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome!!! :)
I write (currently working on a Steampunk novel), draw comics and work in a library. :D
How cool! Do keep us posted on the progress of your works! ;D

Do you have the problem as well of starting a bunch of books (Both reading, OR writing) and never getting around to finishing them?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Steampunk is, in a short explanation, Victorian visions of the future! (Note: Not just gluing gears to random crap. ;) ) There are a few other punks, for example, Dieselpunk is a 40's-60's view of the future (Fallout, Iron Giant).

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a classic old example of early Steampunk. Some modern ones would be "Leviathan", and "Infernal Devices". (Note, I have not read either, so take my recommendations with a grain of salt. Neverending "to-read" list, anybody?)
Ah, gotcha! Totally understand now that you mention 20,000 leagues. Muchas gracias for the explanation! The Smashing Pumpkins "Tonight, Tonight" video must be steampunk inspired, then. <3

2nd what you said about a never ending reading list. :) It just keeps growing!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
this is so old but interesting to see the variety that characterizes us ENFPs.

INTERESTS: I have a real interest in just people, I find observing and understanding the inner shifts and beliefs of people just fascinating; philosophy is another one: I like learning and integrating knowledge into my life based on also my weirdest spiritual crisis, I like the idea of having learned a lesson. This may sound weird but growth and evolvement: I like seeing who things can develop, how an accidental happening can turn a situation and observing the dynamics of change and growth, especially watching people grow.

HOBBIES: currently singing and dancing, occasionally video games

JOBS: found a couple interesting ones like being a tour agent, being a hostess at high fashion shows, working at disneyland paris!!!

CAREERS: I feel like I could be an elementary school teacher, but I opted out of school because felt I did't like kit enough to dedicate all my life to that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts