Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**Laughs at the groans of "NOT THIS AGAIN!!!**

Jokes aside, I am new here, but I've been lurking for like the past week. I'm in my first semester at college and in a rare position - I am lonely as hell and am breaking character to eventually find people to connect with (lest I get depressed, which is something I don't wanna think about). I know this is a tangent, but bear with me lmfao

I have had a CLOSE friend (I say that because I get the feeling that a lot of ENFPs know no boundaries) for the past two years. He ended up my business partner, there was a local small-scale Shark Tank-like competition for potential local businesses, and we KILLED OFF ALL BUT ONE OF THE COMPETITION. It was incredible, to say the least. You wouldn't think two people who are almost exact opposites would work together on anything, but here the two of us yahoos are dominating the local market. Needless to say, I suspected he was ENFP after reading some of Keirsey's material online. He's nothing like me, and we get along too well...there's been some really stupid things we've done in the past lmfao.

So, one of my profs introduced me to MBTI through 16Personalities (they say don't use the MBTI system exactly for 16P, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the only differences will be tiny nuances; they all have their small inconsistent differences, but the overview stays mostly unchanged). I found mine obviously, but I wanted to know if my suspicions were accurate. Needless to say, he is definitely ENFP.

So, after analyzing this, I realized that he's the only friend I have that didn't just "go away" after changing schools. I don't have a whole lot of friends, obviously.

I was wondering...if my friendship with a male ENFP is so damn strong, then what would an actual relationship with a female ENFP be like? And moreover, are there major differences between male/female? My friend and I bring out the best in each other...it would sure as hell take some work (because let's face it, both types can be incredibly difficult to deal with in their default state to begin with) but what would an LTR with a female ENFP be like?

I read that some go down in flames after ~8 years. Others state they worked like adults to settle their differences and are happily together after some 30-something years. Both outcomes state that the two types just kinda "click" from the beginning, and the chemistry is strong as hell in the beginning. For those that have been together awhile, how do you keep the chemistry after the first few large hurdles?

Also, I know the opinion is kinda um...varied here, but is it true that you don't find ENFPs but rather they find you? This is because I got to thinking about how I got involved with this friend to begin with. Turns out in study hall as a freshmen, he'd been watching me remotely fixing my mailserver when I should've been doing my boring ass "Boron" presentation for the science class I was in. Later, towards the end of our sophomore year, our choir director took us to the auditorium so she could work on a set for an upcoming musical, which gave most of us downtime. Some random kid asked my friend if he could root an Android phone for him, and he replied yes, despite knowing he was digging a hole he may well not be able to get back out of. So he came and asked me if I knew how to do it, explaining the time he saw me fixing an issue with said server LITERALLY A YEAR AGO. I'd forgotten about that and didn't realize I even had had an audience for that task o_O

Either way, we failed to root the kid's phone, but that was only the first of about 1000 unrelated projects, all but one of them was doomed from the start. For the ones that failed, I didn't have the heart to tell him the chances of failure were more often than not too high to bother, so I just kind of went with it. The resulting stupidity was kinda funny, and occasionally I wouldn't be able to talk cuz I was laughing so hard.

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Finding each other is probably about 50-50. INTJs seem to find me, and recently I made a friend who I thought was a ENFJ and she tells me she's a INTJ--- so hey, either can find each other. We on the ENFP forum have been endlessly talking about the ENFP-INTJ relationship lately. To the point where the subject is currently exhauted for me-- for the moment. There's tons of threads dedicated to it, some of them active right now if you care to look around our site, you're welcome to it. You'll hear lots of opinions. I'll say this--- there aren't many threads dedicated to any other particular type except INFJs! So there's something going on between ENFPs and INTJs for sure. So explore and see what you think! It sounds like you're having a great time with your friend. =)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts