Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello personalitycafe community,:wink:

I have really been looking into my myer briggs personality type a lot in the last few weeks. I am realizing that I have very strong ENFP weaknesses:
- I am terrible at making a plan and sticking to it
- my happiness is dependant on people who break easily
- I have a hard time pushing myself out of "play mode" into "work mode"
- I have never been dumped because I usually end up being bored with a partner

On the other hand, I have insanely good ENFP strengths. I'm very passionate, empathic(good at reading people), curious, interested(in the moment...), sociable networker, etc etc.

Has any other ENFP really struggled to survive life single? I truly suck at it. I feel like I need someone to redirect my focus from time to time and to talk me out of wanting to always to make the "fun" decision instead of the "logical" one. Is it wrong to feel like you need someone to balance out your weaknesses?

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings ENFP1993 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum ENFP1993. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
@ENFP1993

Welcome!
Congratulations! You're a human being!

Life has a way of teaching us what we need to know, and putting the right people in our path. Keep the faith! You're stronger than you believe, and you're going to be okay.

·
Banned
1,188 Posts
Yo!

No man is an island...

I feel the need to have someone around who shakes me up on occasion, someone whom I complement and who complements me, preferably an extroverted P type. Because I have a tendency to get trapped in my brain and just wander around in there for days, forgetting to sleep, eat and talk...
I suppose everyone needs a foil of sorts, someone who helps us to become more than we are by ourselves.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Has any other ENFP really struggled to survive life single? I truly suck at it. I feel like I need someone to redirect my focus from time to time and to talk me out of wanting to always to make the "fun" decision instead of the "logical" one. Is it wrong to feel like you need someone to balance out your weaknesses?
Well, I'm an 'independently-minded' INFP, and this is so accurate for me that I laughed out loud. The older I get, the more true. Partly because I'm more picky now, so the single-ness lasts longer while I'm waiting to find a good match. And it just drives me nutso, making me *feel* even less functional, and stressed. I've always liked being a fairly independent woman, but when I want a relationship, it's like 'NOW PLEASE'.

I agree with @tanstaafl28 - it's very human. It's like my whole being is crying out for some balance, and a way to get outside of myself. Interesting, because for me, it's less about needing someone to help me make the responsible decisions, and more about finding someone who can help me lighten up, and balance my desire to spend hours researching obscure interests or wandering around by myself people watching. I need a grounded, practical, compassionate partner.

Yes, being single is unpleasant.

I'm sending good vibes to all the single folks out there, just keep swimming!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: I've found myself becoming more INFP as I grow older. I've started switching from seeking out more ENFJ types to INTJ/INFJ types. I've started seeing an INTJ who makes electronic music instruments. I'm not sure how long its going to last since we are both graduating in May. I'm going to be staying on the east coast while he goes back to California. I have this plan for grad school at our current school and then heading into the peace corps. I secretly wish I could find someone to marry and head into the peace corps with.

Ugh, I know I shouldn't mind being single, and like I can deal with it, but life is so much fuller when you have someone to experience it with.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hello!
Welcome! I heard everyone's personality tends to evolve and somewhat change as we grow older. Craving companionship is about as human as it gets, whether we like to admit our need for others or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've found myself seeking companionship as well. I went on a bit of a dating spree looking for a relationship, but nothing panned out. Simultaneously, I sought people out platonically and ended up forming a couple of very close friendships. It's very nice to have people who I know and trust on a deep level without worrying about all the rules and games that come with relationships.

I'll admit freely that a relationship would be nice, but it's also good to have people with whom I can share every secret without worrying about how it might affect our interactions going forward.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey, I'm not an ENFP, but welcome and I hope all your questions will be answered. :happy:

Reactions: ENFP1993
1 - 11 of 11 Posts