Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INTJs! In this interview, I got a chance to talk to INTJ female Rachel Dennison on what it's like to be an Ni-Te BS/C(P) MF. I learned a lot from her on what feminine introverted intuition is like and what a quiet swing or mini-tidal wave is like when she goes over and uses her masculine extroverted sensing. Check out the interview here:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rachel is really insightful. It's great to have actual INTJ's that have been objectively typed in these interviews

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
If you read this message, may I ask for a way to contact Rachel?
I'm an INTJ female as well, most probably also BS/C(P).
Is there an email of something?

·
Registered
INTJ
128 Posts
I'm glad somebody resurrected this video. I like the way Rachel presents as a female INTJ. In some ways, she fits the type: She doesn't seem typically feminine. She prefers ideas to fact-gathering. She prefers to avoid emotional drama. She speaks in a terse, direct manner. She is a problem solver. In other ways, she challenges the stereotype: She smiles. She is personable. She is verbal and musical. She works as a teacher. She describes herself as empathetic. I relate closely to this woman in terms of my own presentation. I'm relieved to see her disprove the stereotype of the "emotionless, alien." INFJ females may come across as intellectual and deep but not necessarily weird.

This is the first time I have been exposed to the theory of "masculine/feminine" manifestations of the cognitive traits. Interesting, and worth further consideration. I read his OP theories, and I'm going to watch some more of ENFP Male's videos.

·
Registered
INTJ
128 Posts
Okay, I looked into Objective Personality theory and watched some videos by Dave Powers and others. I don't buy into the "masculine/feminine" spectrum. (I'm going to limit my discussion to INTJ deciding functions because that is what I understand best.) Here is my argument:

Masculine is defined as "pushy" and feminine as "yielding." To eliminate any sexism, let's just call this "force." Now, consider that we assign degrees of force to a cognitive trait. Let's put T and F on one axis and "e" and "i" on another.

Assume T is more forceful than F because facts are not changeable the way values are. Assume "e" is more forceful than "i" because that force is applied to others, not only to the self. Therefore, the most forceful function is Te.

Which function is the next most forceful? Ti, Fe, or Fi? It depends on whether force changes at the same rate along the T/F axis as it does along the i/e axis. (Already too arbitrary for me to believe.)

Assume that force changes more along the T/F axis. Therefore, the least forceful function is Fe. You can buy that, right? Te is the most "pushy" function and Fe is the most "yielding." And Ti and Fi fall in between.

But wait...

What if F is more forceful than T because values have more psychological influence than facts? What if "i" is more forceful than "e" because inner-directed people are less vulnerable to manipulation?

The whole masculine/feminine spectrum shifts.

Besides, Meyers-Briggs already has a built-in allowance for more than 16 types. It's the PERCENTAGE scores on the test. We don't need 512 personality types; we only need to consider where our scores fall. Some people fall close to 50% on a function. Could those people "code-switch" between types? And is that a useful ability? I don't know. What do you think?

Similarly, the "animal" theory of Objective Personality (OP) involves modes of operation called Blast or Consume and Play or Sleep. It's mainly another way to indicate preference for functions. For example, some INTJs use Te more often. Others prefer Fi. This particular theory seems overly complicated.

I do applaud the OP creators for stating that every type uses ALL the cognitive functions, and they often refer to the entire stack, including shadow functions. I also love their methodology of viewing hours of video recordings for increased accuracy. Observation of non-verbal cues coupled with conversation offer a wealth of additional information for assessment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts