Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ISTJs! In this interview, I got a chance to talk to Ian on what it's like to be an ISTJ Si-Te BP/C(S) MF (letter definitions below). Normally, I think Objective Personality typed people correctly. In Ian's case, he's definitely an ISTJ but he doesn't seem to be the blast first ISTJ but instead to be the Si-Fi sleep first ISTJ. His blast looks to be last if anything. I think his actual type is Si-Fi SC/P(B) MF and Ian thinks the same also. During the interview, Ian uses tons of SF and NF and Play and very little blast.

ISTJ Si-Te PB/C(S) MF
Blast (B) = Te+Si
Play (P) = Te+Ne
Consume (C) = Ne+Fi
Sleep (S) = Fi+Si
MF = Masculine Si, Feminine Te, Masculine Fi, Feminine Ne, Audio and Kinesthetic mode of learning

Watch the interview here:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
@Respect. here.
There’s no way this guy is Si dom. I’m only a few minutes in. Listen to all of his analogies, big concepts. Listen to all that Ne. Listen to him talking about his dislike of routine “clocking in all the time” “needing to communicate all the time”
This is Ti. When he mentioned being upset if things really went against his values he used spelling and grammar as things that he should let be. Ti. Nothing to do with other people’s reasons. All about his own reasoning. Tertiary or inferior Fe most likely. ENTP with sleep first (my guess) or INTP. Definitely a P. He’s talking about him against the world, go with your interest flow...

@ai.tran.75. If you get a minute, what would you say on this one? Do you agree on Ti not Fi? I don’t see any Fi.

Edit: the more I watch... I see the tert Fe. ENTP: Sleep-consume-play-blast. He must have really been peacocking, I guess... I don’t know how you could get this far off. Listen to how much “Don’t tell me what to do” statements he had and the content is almost 100% concepts... Ne .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Llyralen I totally believe he's an ISTJ, it's old MBTI stereotype to say ISTJs can't use analogies. It really depends on their function stack. He has his Ne double activated which really helps.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
@Llyralen I totally believe he's an ISTJ, it's old MBTI stereotype to say ISTJs can't use analogies. It really depends on their function stack. He has his Ne double activated which really helps.
Explain why you think this guy is an ISTJ. What does it even mean to have SI Te or Fi if THIS guy is an ISTJ. He complains constantly about routine, seems as P as you can get to me. Besides... if the stuff about analogies for Ne and Ni is wrong then all the neuroscience stuff— all of how I understand the different functions learn— is wrong and basically everything about MBTI has no consistency or value. Honestly that’s how much I would bet that this guy is not an ISTJ.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Explain why you think this guy is an ISTJ. What does it even mean to have SI Te or Fi if THIS guy is an ISTJ. He complains constantly about routine, seems as P as you can get to me. Besides... if the stuff about analogies for Ne and Ni is wrong then all the neuroscience stuff— all of how I understand the different functions learn— is wrong and basically everything about MBTI has no consistency or value. Honestly that’s how much I would bet that this guy is not an ISTJ.
Well, just because he said he hates routine doesn't mean he's not doing them. And I think he's slightly mistyped and is the self-above type ISTJ and I think he's Si-Fi instead of Si-Te. A lot of ENFPs have routines, especially the ones with saviour sleep.

Did you know they also typed Brene Brown as an ISTJ? Doesn't she seem like an ENFP?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Well, just because he said he hates routine doesn't mean he's not doing them. And I think he's slightly mistyped and is the self-above type ISTJ and I think he's Si-Fi instead of Si-Te. A lot of ENFPs have routines, especially the ones with saviour sleep.

Did you know they also typed Brene Brown as an ISTJ? Doesn't she seem like an ENFP?
I love Brene Brown but never thought she was an ENFP. ISTJ actually sounds right to me. But watch this guy again thinking that the Te is actually Ti and he is doing a lot of trans-conceptual thinking which is what Ne DOES which is why we think and learn in analogies and concepts instead of repetition. His video for Dave and Shan might really have been way off. I think everyone would say they have values, but look at what he uses for examples... there’s that Ne-Fe working together, higher Ti than Fe though for sure. I don’t really see any Te or Fi and definitely not SI dom.

@Respect did I show you a video of what could be accomplished using Dario Nardi’s and some other’s studies of MBTI and neuroscience? There are so many gems in this about how NPs SJs, SPs and NJs learn.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He definitely doesn't have Ti, his Fi is way too good and he's able to do what us Fi user do which is pin-point the exact emotion we are feeling. I agree with the ISTJ typing.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Having neither the time nor the inclination to sit through the full 1:17, I cut the video short after about 20 minutes. My thoughts as an ISTJ...

There were two things I did identify with:
  • Contrary to previous comments, analogies are a go-to mode of communication for me. The huge Si storehouse of archetypes make it quite easy and natural to identify similar, analogous things/scenarios to help explain stuff to others. I really don't see why analogies would ever be a problem for an ISTJ.
  • He had a very slow and halting speech delivery pattern that is quite common among ISTJs, as we stop quite often to find the EXACT wording we want to use and then actually rehearse it in our heads before we deliver it.
Beyond that, I did not see much in the rest of what I watched that I really could identify with. In particular, the disregard for knowledge/details/accuracy was a particular sore point for me. Again, this was based only on the first 20 minutes or so of the video.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
He definitely doesn't have Ti, his Fi is way too good and he's able to do what us Fi user do which is pin-point the exact emotion we are feeling. I agree with the ISTJ typing.
no Fi at all. He doesn’t pin point Fi, he pin-points TI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts